Ahmad Brooks is done for 2007

TJJackson

About d@mn time! What was there first clue he was done? His left leg falling off? Idiot medical staff. We could have had a healthy linebacker in that spot for the last six games!

Only LB's available now are those watching games just like us, on our butts. Those are the waiver guys and not likely to add much to the squad. Actually didn't he try to practice a couple weeks ago and re-injured whatever it was that he injured initially?

They say groin, but that could be anything from a detached muscle, a sports hernia, a broken leg or a slipped disk. I remember Jeanty was said to have a "calf injury" while in fact he had a broken bone. All in all, with Landon an Caleb up as FA's next season, Jeanty not doing much, Brooks even less, the Bengals must once again address LB in the draft.

Looks like they go into the draft with lots of holes and not nearly enough draft picks to fill the holes.

That's too bad. I'm sure this will impede his supposed ascent to "superstardom". Assuming Odell is still alive next year, the two supposedly best linebackers on the team will have a handful, and I do mean handful, of games between them for the last two years. Sure I hope both will be back and play to their potential, but I don't see a lot of guys with almost no playing time in two years come back and amount to much.

Draft Lerini...However you spell his d#%n name. The MLB from OSU - Animal's son.

That's too bad. I'm sure this will impede his supposed ascent to "superstardom". Assuming Odell is still alive next year, the two supposedly best linebackers on the team will have a handful, and I do mean handful, of games between them for the last two years. Sure I hope both will be back and play to their potential, but I don't see a lot of guys with almost no playing time in two years come back and amount to much.

Draft Lerini...However you spell his d#%n name. The MLB from OSU - Animal's son.

Laurenitis. Unless the free fall continues and we end up top 5 then I doubt that he will be there. But I agree that he would be a great pick.

Marvin alluded to the fact that they kept trying to rest him but everytime he tried to do something it still bothered him. He also said it was not a sports hernia. He thought this might end up being a good thing for Brooks since he is still young and could use some maturity. Keep in mind that he could still be playing college ball.

I really hope they get Odell and Brooks back 100% next year.

If the medical staff really isn't that bad, then the people who make decisions regarding the information provided by said medical staff don't listen to what they are advising. Either way, you either have an incompetent medical staff or a bunch of decision makers that are beyond f*cking stupid !!! I for one am going with the second option stated...

WHODEY !!!

The good thing is it means Brooks has not become a part of this culture of losing. The only game he played this season, we won. Hopefully getting some new faces in next year (including Brooks) who have not been a part of this mess, will shake things up.

Yeah, a year of getting on the field reps in real games wouldn't have helped him. I mean, experience has no value whatsoever, does it? Heck, they guy played college ball, he doesn't need reps....right? Right. And he'll be well rested! Yeah!

TJ's Third Bengalszone Axiom:

"If it's written by Joe Pong

Then it must be wrong"

The good thing is it means Brooks has not become a part of this culture of losing. The only game he played this season, we won. Hopefully getting some new faces in next year (including Brooks) who have not been a part of this mess, will shake things up.

Yeah, a year of getting on the field reps in real games wouldn't have helped him. I mean, experience has no value whatsoever, does it? Heck, they guy played college ball, he doesn't need reps....right? Right. And he'll be well rested! Yeah!

Then it must be wrong"

No. Sometimes when the same group of guys have been playing together for a while, things get stale. Our offensive guys have been together for a long time, and it doesn't help them. Chad, TJ, Carson, Rudi, J Johnson, some of the guys on the O-Line. It's like they're just going through the motions because they've been in the same system with the same personnel for so long. Performance is actually going down, not getting better. It's like you reach a point of diminishing returns. Sometimes change is needed just to shake things up.

Then it must be wrong"

No. Sometimes when the same group of guys have been playing together for a while, things get stale. Our offensive guys have been together for a long time, and it doesn't help them. Chad, TJ, Carson, Rudi, J Johnson, some of the guys on the O-Line. It's like they're just going through the motions because they've been in the same system with the same personnel for so long. Performance is actually going down, not getting better. It's like you reach a point of diminishing returns. Sometimes change is needed just to shake things up.

Exactly....like Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison, for example. Oh, no.....wait a minute.....never mind.

Then it must be wrong"

Exactly....like Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison, for example. Oh, no.....wait a minute.....never mind.

Yeah, and that Monatna to Rice connection was really getting old as well.... :rolleyes:

So, because the 49ers performed at a high level for a long time, that means the bengals offense has not gotten stale??? I don't see the connection.

Hmmm.... whatever. You are not a rocket scientist, I presume. That's okay though. Don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

Well, if "Stale" gets you the #5 offense in the league with people hurt and missing (See Rudi, Willie, and Henry) then "Stale" it is !!!

The #5 offense is a pretty good fact despite the offensive situation right ?? That's why this offense is always viewed as "scary" with Chad, TJ, and Henry. If everyone is healthy and they can somehow manage a better 3rd down conversion rate, who is going to stop this offense ?? The problem is (Once again) the defense sucks to no end...

WHODEY !!!

Back on thread...this from PFT:

"The Bengals placed LB Ahmad Brooks on injured reserve; he'll have surgery to repair a groin/abdominal injury next week."

There's only one injury that I can think of that would be termed a 'groin/abdominal injury', that sounds like a sports hernia. I believe Hoosier called it correctly.

Paging Dr. Nick....

Performance going down? I disagree, Chad's in a slump and our play calling has been suspect at times but I don't think performance is going down... my $.02

Well, what's a slump? A poorer than expected performance over a short-term period of time, right? And for an example of a slump look no further than Chad's habit of dropping passes at a staggering rate in each of the last three games. Since Chad isn't known for having bad hands the problem smacks of a slump, or if you prefer....choking.

However, Chad has scored only three times in the last 14 games, with two of those scores coming in week 2 against the Browns inept pass defense. That's simply too long a period...nearly a full season....to fit neatly into the description of a slump. In addition, the Bengals offensive struggles on 3rd down can be traced back even further, as can the erosion of it's running game.