Calais Campbell sounds good to me.

walzav29

Alright. It is what it is. Bye-bye Chuck. Bye-Bye Justin Smith. Reload on defense. Use that J. Smith money to get a QUALITY free agent, and follow this mock draft plan. At least the Bengals will be in a position to get an impact player. Hopefull some pressure with the front 7 will make all of our #1 and #2 picks in the secondary look better. Bad year, but hey! We do have Carson Palmer.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

With all those supplemental picks, don't assume they have to draft defense with the first pick overall. If they took a RB, say, at that spot, and then defense with the next six picks, they will still have drafted defense.

I am not advocating McFadden necessarily, just that he will be looked at. And should be.

Frankly, if they can get a stud OT in round one, that's what they should do. And then draft defense until the cows come home.

Yeah I agree with OT in the first. I think protecting Palmer is the most important. Willie Anderson is obviously on the decline and should be cut after this season and let another team overpay for him. I think if they don't resign Stacy Andrews after this season drafting an olineman early will be very important. Jake Long has looked good this year and maybe they will move Whitworth to RT in the offseason and then draft oline in the second or third round.

From Lance's blog:

Another stat of the day

The Bills defense is made up of six defensive starters drafted in the 4th round or lower....or who were undrafted free agents. That is 2nd highest total in the NFL.

Most defensive starters drafted 4th round or lower/or undrafted free agents

(From Bills game notes)

8: Steelers

6: Ravens, Packers, Colts, Pats, Titans, Chargers, Dolphins, Bills

The Bengals have three such players:

2-4th round picks (Geathers, Peko)

1-Undrafted free agent (Jeanty)

Consider the late round/undrafted value and savings that winning teams like the Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Colts and Ravens find on defense.

The coaches are simply failing. Failing in every respect.

No matter what. The Bengals have to draft defense. It's long overdue. As bad as the Bengals are though I think they'll get some cheap wins to go about 6-10. Which means that Dorsey will be gone I think.

Hell they will be lucky to even win one more game. This team has quit maybe they get lucky against the Rams, 49ers, and Dolphins. Maybe they show some life and get 2 out of 3 with those games and finish at 4-12 :puke::bag:

As the above list from McAlister's blog shows, it's not as simple as "drafting defense". The coaches have to do something with what they do draft. And other coaching staffs are making pretty good hay with guys not in the top three rounds. Something this coaching staff is not doing.

With all those supplemental picks, don't assume they have to draft defense with the first pick overall. If they took a RB, say, at that spot, and then defense with the next six picks, they will still have drafted defense.

I am not advocating McFadden necessarily, just that he will be looked at. And should be.

Frankly, if they can get a stud OT in round one, that's what they should do. And then draft defense until the cows come home.

Agreed. With the draft being so far away it's only natural to assume every pick will be defensive, but drafting at the very top of the 1st round often dictates that needs be overlooked in favor of special talent. And that's even more true if the Bengals really do blow up the roster in a big way.

This goes back to scouting. Which as we all know the Bengals have none. Marvin isn't a dummy. He has to know what needs to be done. I think that if Marvin doesn't get what he wants he may leave. I am shocked that he had such a short leash with Leslie Frazier, and let's Chuck B. slide.

This is a GOOD saturday to watch and compare Campbell to another very good DE -- Chris Long.

Miami (Fla) vs Virginia should be a good game to watch possible first round pick for Bengals defense.

When is that game on? By the way. It makes me sick that I have to look to the draft after 8 games. I actually have Lion fans making fun of me for my Bengals taking Palmer over Kitna. Sickning.

that's because your friend is not very smart, tell him if he could ask any team in the leauge to choose between the two. palmer would win hands down.

When is that game on? By the way. It makes me sick that I have to look to the draft after 8 games. I actually have Lion fans making fun of me for my Bengals taking Palmer over Kitna. Sickning.

that's because your friend is not very smart, tell him if he could ask any team in the leauge to choose between the two. palmer would win hands down.

Can you imagine how Kitna would fare on this current Bengals team. Oh wait, we don't have to imagine - we have 2-14.

Alright. It is what it is. Bye-bye Chuck. Bye-Bye Justin Smith. Reload on defense. Use that J. Smith money to get a QUALITY free agent, and follow this mock draft plan. At least the Bengals will be in a position to get an impact player. Hopefull some pressure with the front 7 will make all of our #1 and #2 picks in the secondary look better. Bad year, but hey! We do have Carson Palmer.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

Dorsey is the leader that the Bengals need. Thanks to a soft 2nd half schedule, they will not be in position to draft him. But, I would love to see them trade up to land him. The fins might go for our 1 and maybe a 3 or 4. Remember, we will have loads of compensatory picks to replace the picks lost in a potential trade.

Remember when the Packers overpaid for Reggie White? Look what it did for their future. The team needs a defensive identity for once.

Dorsey is the leader that the Bengals need. Thanks to a soft 2nd half schedule, they will not be in position to draft him. But, I would love to see them trade up to land him.

Maybe. But I look at that mock and think, excepting the QBs, we could improve the team by taking any of the players in the top 15 or so picks. This team is such a mess right now that it's a lock someone worth having will be there.

Frankly, I would look at trading down before I looked at trading up. Lots of holes to fill.

Dorsey is the leader that the Bengals need. Thanks to a soft 2nd half schedule, they will not be in position to draft him. But, I would love to see them trade up to land him.

Maybe. But I look at that mock and think, excepting the QBs, we could improve the team by taking any of the players in the top 15 or so picks. This team is such a mess right now that it's a lock someone worth having will be there.

Frankly, I would look at trading down before I looked at trading up. Lots of holes to fill.

I know what you are saying, but this guy is a motivational speaker. Has there ever been another Organization in the history of the world that needs a motivational speaker more than the Bengals? He does remind me of Reggie White on and off the field. He and Peko would be a good start in the middle. A nice first day DE and we may actually have a DL for a change, which would make our secondary soooo much better. I really would like to see them address LB via free agency. It wouldn't hurt to try to land a CB or tackle either.