Which safety will be replaced first?

schnarfer

Our safeties have been being beat all season..it was nice to see some talent in Ndukwe. Williams has really just been told he is good yet is no where near the hype. DJax is getting a bit older and his mouth way outruns his game. Who will be replaced 1st? My vote is for Djax...Ndukwe brings a much needed hitter in our secondary...He is almost ready and too talented not to be given a shot to start...

I still don't think Madieu sucks. When he isn't playing every week with a gimp shoulder he holds up well against the run and usually he looks like a goat against the pass because his corner help is too busy peeking into the backfield.

I do agree that Jackson's days are numbered though. I don't expect Ndukwe to swipe his starting job this season, as Marvin really tries to avoid that when his initial starters are healthy. That said, Dexter is probably the most injury proned player we have on defense right now, assuming the taboo against the linebackers has been lifted.

Madieu is still a solid starter,He may not be pro-bowler(atleast yet :P) but he's still one of the better players and I think as our whole defense get's better his play will look better but he always has to do too much IMO because our defense always has been horrible since he's been here.

Who else is disappointed that Marvin White has been a complete nonfactor this season?

Yup. I haven't heard anything on his Invisible Man routine, anybody know? What's his major malfunction?

I think he's been playing on STs, he had 1 tackle yesterday. Best guess I've heard is that he's taking longer to come up to speed because he didn't come from a big-time college program.

Who else is disappointed that Marvin White has been a complete nonfactor this season?

Yup. I haven't heard anything on his Invisible Man routine, anybody know? What's his major malfunction?

I think he's been playing on STs, he had 1 tackle yesterday. Best guess I've heard is that he's taking longer to come up to speed because he didn't come from a big-time college program.

I've heard the same thing, and I certainly haven't given up on the guy. It's just hard to wait when you get excited about a draft pick, but don't get to use him right away. Kind of like watching Carson on the sideline his first year (although, not on the same level, obviously).

I've heard the same thing, and I certainly haven't given up on the guy. It's just hard to wait when you get excited about a draft pick, but don't get to use him right away. Kind of like watching Carson on the sideline his first year (although, not on the same level, obviously).

I hear ya. But as a consolation prize we have a 7th round pick, Nduke, who is coming along far faster and better than any 7th rounder has a right to.

DJax needs to be the first to go. He whiffs on tackles all the time, his mouth runs checks his play can't cash, and he has a bad attitude. Madieu needs to go as well. He's one of the biggest disappointments on this team. I really thought he was going to be our free safety of the future, but he can't cover or tackle. I say after this year, both (along w/ Deltha) will be gone. Each time the Bengals get beat it's Dexter and Madieu looking at each other and the corners doing a wonderful impression of Chris Kattan and Will Farrell in the Night at the Roxbury ("Who had him...me, you, me, you???")

DJax needs to be the first to go. He whiffs on tackles all the time, his mouth runs checks his play can't cash, and he has a bad attitude. Madieu needs to go as well. He's one of the biggest disappointments on this team. I really thought he was going to be our free safety of the future, but he can't cover or tackle. I say after this year, both (along w/ Deltha) will be gone. Each time the Bengals get beat it's Dexter and Madieu looking at each other and the corners doing a wonderful impression of Chris Kattan and Will Farrell in the Night at the Roxbury ("Who had him...me, you, me, you???")

I don't know what you're referring to when you say Dexter has a bad attitude. I've been thinking the exact opposite. Still, I do think his play has declined significantly.

Madieu made some nice plays yesterday. I'm not anywhere close to giving up on him this soon.

Yeah getting rid of Williams is dumb. You go into next season with no starting S and both starting S have 1 year experience. You keep Williams at FS, then put Ndukwe at SS next season and either draft another S or pick a FA up, but I would prefer to go with drafting a S early in the draft. 1st or second rounder would be great to have that can either backup or be the starting S at the start of next season. Maybe Ndukwe is that guy that can play SS for the Bengals next year. I don't know if Ndukwe is a starting S quality, but what I do know is that Djax has got to go.

DJax has disappointed me with this play this season, for sure. I do think Madieu is good but can run hot/cold. He seems disinterested in executinh the proper coverages, thus making our CB's look bad on blown coverages.

Ndukwe will come along, no rush unless an injury forces him on the field. White will get better as well.

A guy who made some hits and exhibited speed and awareness was Blue Adams, might be smart to coach him up in the S positions.

DJax has disappointed me with this play this season, for sure. I do think Madieu is good but can run hot/cold. He seems disinterested in executinh the proper coverages, thus making our CB's look bad on blown coverages.

Ndukwe will come along, no rush unless an injury forces him on the field. White will get better as well.

A guy who made some hits and exhibited speed and awareness was Blue Adams, might be smart to coach him up in the S positions.

Isn't Madieu up for unrestricted FA after this season? The fact that two safeties were drafted tells me that Bengaldom is planning on changes in the starters for next season. Madieu just never seemed to recover after blowing out his shoulder. Plus the fact the secondary is awful. Right now, I see Leon Hall definitely starting next season. JJ probably and two new faces likely in the safety spots.

Looks like now would be a good a time formally eat my words on Ndukwe -- I said before the season that there was no way either of our rookie safeties would replace KK, but Ndukwe sure looks the part. Not sure what his special teams stats have been so far, but as a 3rd safety he's doing a bang-up job (so-to-speak)! :cheers:

Isn't Madieu up for unrestricted FA after this season? The fact that two safeties were drafted tells me that Bengaldom is planning on changes in the starters for next season. Madieu just never seemed to recover after blowing out his shoulder. Plus the fact the secondary is awful. Right now, I see Leon Hall definitely starting next season. JJ probably and two new faces likely in the safety spots.

Them taking 2 safeties doesn't tell me they plan on replacing both starters the following season when they address it in rnds 4 n 7,It seems more like they were building depth though duke has came along well and probably even took them by surprise.

Isn't Madieu up for unrestricted FA after this season?

Yup. I think Indiana Jones will be an RFA, too. Not sure about Busing, don't know if they did a 1 or 2 year deal when the brought him back.

Dexter will turn 31 next summer, and looks like he'll cost somewhere in the $1.4m neighborhood, with a cap hit of about $1.6m or $1.7m; the team would free up about $1m in cap space by letting him go.

On top of that we don't know how badly Kilmer's knee is effed up; if that injury costs him any speed it could cost him his job.