Munoz On Chad's TD Celebration - "It's Stupidity"

The Brew Man

I think his "celebration" was not one... That being said, I thought his action "could" be viewed as a bit disrespectful of the members of the Hall of Fame. I know he's harmless with his intent and for better than the most part I enjoy Chad, but that wasn't funny to me. I guess for Chad's sake, it's a good thing Carson recovered as quickly as he did or it might make this a little more difficult.

However, I think Chad WILL be in the Hall of Fame. I just would rather have him not jump the gun like that...

Oh yeah, my 7 year old niece could have come up with a better "celebration" than that !!!

WHODEY !!!

It was fairly lame, but he was responsible enough to get off the field to make sure he didn't cause a penalty, so I am fine with it.

For all of the buildup it was lame. And if he was with another team I know we would all be pissed off.

I enjoy his levity and energy but when it is no longer spontaneous or appears to be so, it becomes a little much for my taste.

I pretty much agree with all of the above. Celebrations in general are lame and this was no exception, and was made more lame by the build-up and clear costume planning aspect of it. I like CJ. He makes me laugh and usually kind of roll my eyes. This one was way too much effort for such a weak payoff. Anybody talking about themselves making it to the HOF leaves me cold. It is, however, much in keeping with his prior history. IMO the "don't fine me" card was way funnier.

I don't see how it could be taken as chad being disrespectful to the hall,He really does believe he'll earn his way there some day so what's wrong with that?

Is there something wrong wanting to be one of the best to earn a spot with the best?

He also went on to say it was “pathetic” and a display of “individualism” in a team game. He said 1 guy didn’t score, 11 guys scored.”

Truthfully I think Munoz is being kinda of a dick,Chad will be chad but he still cares about the team :P plus he had help TJ was one who helped him get it out eh.

“If Irvin was barely walking the line, no way Chad gets in”

Irvin was a crack head and chad has better numbers,chad is loved by everyone even most steeler fans I know don't h8 his celebrations because they know he's just trying to have fun.

Well i for one would just like it if he didnt do much of anything when he scores it used to be the cool thing to do but when u look around now no one is doing anything anymore cause of the fines and penelties. Alittle dance or high five the lineman things like that i like but i really didnt like this one either, but as long as he scores i dont really care i guess.

I agree that it isn't disrespecting the Hall o' Fame. In fact, it shows what is motivating Chad to be the best. That said, it is selfish, distracting, and clownish....none of the things you'd like to see from a player.

As for it being a show that would have everyone talking, I'd say a far better show was put on by that "Little Rowdy Girl" singing about Who-Dey Nation.

While i didnt think the jacket was all that funny, neither did I think it was meant for any disrespect. I am surprised and disappointed that Anthony cant enjoy someone trying to bring a little more fun into the game. Someone who takes the H.O.F. that serious seriously needs to look around whats going on in the world, instead of making a deal of it.

Once again, it "could" be viewed as disrepect. "I" don't think that was his intent either, but his intent is irrelevant if perceived in such a way. In other words, if members of the Hall perceived it to be disrespectful, then it was disrepectful. Selected into the Hall of Fame (At least in my mind) isn't something that should be part of a prop, celebration, or anything else, unless you are standing on the podium with the jacket on and even then it is an event that brings most grown men to tears.

I understand and applaud Chad's efforts and motivations, but for me, I would rather him leave the Hall of Fame out of his celebrations and leave that to the electing members when it IS his time...

WHODEY !!!

It was lame but Munoz should STFU... If this is what chad thrives on, so be it. He's put up how many yards in the past 3 years. s**t he can do whatever he wants as long as he doesn't get a penalty.

I hear ya but, I was watching NFL Replay last night on the NFLN and they put up a very telling stat for Mr. HOF wannabe, did you know that the great Ocho Cinco failed to catch a TD pass in the last 6 games of the 2006 season. For all of his mouth and this is and that, he needs to be more consistant during a 16 game season.

I have a love/hate relationship with CJ, I love the energy he brings and his talent is second to none. But I hate how he constantly puts himself above the team even to a fault at times.

He had to know that doing a stunt like that was going to piss alot of HOF'ers off, but that is why he's CJ because he doesn't care. But CJ should be careful because he could be burning bridges he doesn't know exist and could find himself getting punished for something 15 years from now for something he did when he was young and dumb.

The only thing that bothers me about Chad is when he fakes an injury or over "acts" being hurt. He'll limp off the field and even go to the locker room for an IV from time to time. I remember one HUGE drive last year he did this. If your hurt that bad to where you have to limp off the field (when Chad limps he REAAAAALLLLY limps), there's no way you could come back and go 100% on the next route... Chad's a diva 4 sure, a sexy diva!

The only thing that bothers me about Chad is when he fakes an injury or over "acts" being hurt. He'll limp off the field and even go to the locker room for an IV from time to time. I remember one HUGE drive last year he did this. If your hurt that bad to where you have to limp off the field (when Chad limps he REAAAAALLLLY limps), there's no way you could come back and go 100% on the next route... Chad's a diva 4 sure, a sexy diva!

Excuse me Sir, what was that...

Torry Holt went 5 games without catching a TD pass in 2006

Marvin Harrison started season going 4 games without TD pass finished the post season 5 games without a TD pass in 2006

It happens to the best yes chad needs to improve but people need stop nit picking over everything he does,if he was such a horrible WR would he have led AFC for past 4 years? led the NFL last year? Yes he still has area's he needs improve but were pretty lucky to have him.