Another Charger player arrested

When a Bengal player runs afoul of the law whether it be for not using a turning signal for a right turn or for smacking around their signifigant other, oh sorry she did that to herself..right I forgot :rolleyes: , the media can't wait to mention the "Infamous 10". The media starts off every story about how the Bengals are a collection of misfits and thugs who go around beating up old ladies and babies, regardless if the accusations are true or not.

But they don't do this to other teams that have similar or worse cases of players who have gotten in trouble, one team that comes to mind is the San Diego Chargers. The Chargers had one guy get shot up by an off duty cop, one guy got arrested by THE FBI for shipping illegally obtained prescription drugs over state lines(dumbass sent drugs thru UPS). Now a recent draft pick was arrested for beating up some idiot who threw a rock at his windsheild while they driving down a Cali highway, can't say I blame the guy for beating the kids ass.

Here is an article written about the arrest, nowhere does it mention the amount of Chargers that have been arrested since Jan.1, 2006 like it does for every article written about the Bengals.

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) -- San Diego Chargers rookie Anthony Waters was charged with hitting a man who threw a rock at his car on a highway.

The 22-year-old linebacker was arrested last week on a simple assault and battery charge and released on $1,000 bail, Horry County spokeswoman Lisa Bourcier said Monday. No trial date has been set.

Waters, a former Clemson star, was traveling on Nichols Highway last week when a passenger in a vehicle in front of him threw a rock and broke Waters' windshield, causing about $350 in damages, according to arrest warrants.

It's unclear what happened next, but at some point Waters and another man struck Colby Sarvis, 18, and threatened to kill him, according to warrants. Bourcier said she did not know if the men had lawyers.

Brian Rogers, 23, also was charged with hitting Sarvis. He and Waters were released from jail Friday, Bourcier said. Sarvis was charged with malicious injury to personal property under $1,000.

Waters was selected in the third round of the NFL draft. He tore a knee ligament in Clemson's 54-6 opening win over Florida Atlantic in September and did not play the rest of the

Why no mention of the numerous Chargers who have gotten arrested.

Why no mention of the numerous Chargers who have gotten arrested.

Actually, I do recall that they were starting to get that sort of publicity last year. I think the issue is that our run started first by a few months - the Bengals became the symbol for NFL thuggery, so the Chargers were able to skate relatively unnoticed. But they started getting called "Bengals West" and things like that.

I suspect that if their run happened first, we would have gotten less attention.

I think someone on this board should do the proper research and enumerate the arrests, etc that have been related to the Chargers over the last 12-24 months. And btw, I would surely include the suspension due to substance abuse. I too would like to see the quote that end up saying "X number of Charger arrests and/or suspensions over the last Y months". Conclude it here and it might just make its way to an otherwise lazy media world.

Here is what I found.

Kiel 2006 Drug Charges

Foley 2006 DUI

Currey 2006 Domestic violence

Phillips 2006 arrested for fighting with a police officer (dropped)

Gordon 2006 DUI

Waters 2007 assault

I think they had someone get suspended for steroids in 2007 also.

That is seven, did I miss any?

Here is what I found.

Kiel 2006 Drug Charges

Foley 2006 DUI

Gordon 2006 DUI

Waters 2007 assault

They've almost caught up with the Bengals who I think still have the edge in arrests by a couple I think.

Here is what I found.

Kiel 2006 Drug Charges

Foley 2006 DUI

Gordon 2006 DUI

Waters 2007 assault

Steriod boy/Defensive MVP Shawne Merriman was suspended 4 games for violating the substance abuse policy.

So if we're keeping score, it's 10-7 Bengals. However...

Their druggie was a bigger name than ours, which should count against them (ours was a 2nd round pick, theirs was a Pro Bowl LB). Their biggest screwup ended up with a car chase and the offender eating a bullet, ours ended with a standoff in which Henry dropped the gun. They get bonus idiot points for those. I also give them a little extra for Kiel who was actually trafficking drugs as opposed to simply using them recreationally.

On the other hand, we have two exceptional repeat offenders (Henry and Odell). We also have the longer suspensions (16 and 8 games). I think we also get a bonus point or two for the fact that Foley used to be ours. ;)

How does the final score look? Seems pretty close to me.

So if we're keeping score, it's 10-7 Bengals. However...

Their druggie was a bigger name than ours, which should count against them (ours was a 2nd round pick, theirs was a Pro Bowl LB). Their biggest screwup ended up with a car chase and the offender eating a bullet, ours ended with a standoff in which Henry dropped the gun. They get bonus idiot points for those. I also give them a little extra for Kiel who was actually trafficking drugs as opposed to simply using them recreationally.

On the other hand, we have two exceptional repeat offenders (Henry and Odell). We also have the longer suspensions (16 and 8 games). I think we also get a bonus point or two for the fact that Foley used to be ours. ;)

How does the final score look? Seems pretty close to me.

I would say they get some extra points because they have a felon, we're small time here in Cincy. Terrence Kiel has to be one of the top 10 stupidest people on god's green earth, shipping drugs through UPS is just dumb. But is even dumber when your a pro athlete with a million dollar contract, but whatever.

Hey guys,

Just joined cause I someone posted a link from our forum, but I do have to start off by saying that I do respect the Bengals and I like the team cause they are a good team and more than likely will join Denver in the postseason as wildcard teams, if not division winners over Baltimore. I do have to say though that when pointing out the Chargers as another team sharing in the same legal troubles as the Bengals please don't overexaggerate the Chargers legal troubles...although they have gotten in trouble with the law (although not quite as much as the Bengals :sure:), they did cut ties with their players Kiel (who is not a pro-bowl linebacker) and Foley. Waters is an interesting issue and I'll be looking forward to seeing exactly what happened to precipitate the issue, consisdering the only story that I've read is that a random guy threw a rock at the guys windshield when he was driving by. The negative pub spurned on by the Bengals is because the players who are in trouble are also excellent players who improved the Bengals roster tremendously by their on the field play...with that said, good luck in the upcoming season and be careful about how much you judge other teams with people who aren't on the roster vs. people who still are.

Hey guys,

Just joined cause I someone posted a link from our forum, but I do have to start off by saying that I do respect the Bengals and I like the team cause they are a good team and more than likely will join Denver in the postseason as wildcard teams, if not division winners over Baltimore. I do have to say though that when pointing out the Chargers as another team sharing in the same legal troubles as the Bengals please don't overexaggerate the Chargers legal troubles...although they have gotten in trouble with the law (although not quite as much as the Bengals :sure:), they did cut ties with their players Kiel (who is not a pro-bowl linebacker) and Foley. Waters is an interesting issue and I'll be looking forward to seeing exactly what happened to precipitate the issue, consisdering the only story that I've read is that a random guy threw a rock at the guys windshield when he was driving by. The negative pub spurned on by the Bengals is because the players who are in trouble are also excellent players who improved the Bengals roster tremendously by their on the field play...with that said, good luck in the upcoming season and be careful about how much you judge other teams with people who aren't on the roster vs. people who still are.

Why don't we just sadmit that both of our respective teams have had more trouble than most. B)

they did cut ties with their players Kiel (who is not a pro-bowl linebacker) and Foley.

I don't know that they 'cut ties' with Foley so much as he got his leg shot off and sort of put himself out on a permanant basis.

As for Kiel, I'm glad you guys cut him and all...but who's taking over distribution of Purple Drank in the greater SD area? ;)

Hey guys,

Well two arrests that are on the Bengal's, so called, list happened before the players were even drafted. And we dropped ties with one of them (Nichols) too. So I'm trying to get what your point is.

Well two arrests that are on the Bengal's, so called, list happened before the players were even drafted. And we dropped ties with one of them (Nichols) too. So I'm trying to get what your point is.

I agree with you on dropping Nicholson, but I don't think the Bengals get mitigating circumstances for drafting guys with charges pending - if anything, it's worse, because you know what you're getting and take them anyway.

I agree with you on dropping Nicholson, but I don't think the Bengals get mitigating circumstances for drafting guys with charges pending - if anything, it's worse, because you know what you're getting and take them anyway.

I think Frostee Rucker and Askew shouldn't be counted because what Rucker did he did while he was enrolled at USC, so why isn't Pete Carroll getting dragged through the mud for this crap. Also Askew was cleared of any wrong doings and he has a civil suit pending against the police for what is a obivious case of excessive force/being scared of the big black guy.

My problem isn't with other teams, it's how the media reports the facts regarding this situation. They only report when something bad happens and even when nothing really happened at all they don't report the truth.

I think Frostee Rucker and Askew shouldn't be counted because what Rucker did he did while he was enrolled at USC, so why isn't Pete Carroll getting dragged through the mud for this crap.

He did. With the combination of Rucker, the USC players' free housing flap, and the Reggie Bush thing, there were brief discussions of the 'lack of institutional control' thing being thrown around.

Two mitigating circumstances:

1) It happened in LA, and pretty much anything goes there.

2) Championships get a lot forgiven.

I think Frostee Rucker and Askew shouldn't be counted because what Rucker did he did while he was enrolled at USC, so why isn't Pete Carroll getting dragged through the mud for this crap.

He did. With the combination of Rucker, the USC players' free housing flap, and the Reggie Bush thing, there were brief discussions of the 'lack of institutional control' thing being thrown around.

Two mitigating circumstances:

1) It happened in LA, and pretty much anything goes there.

2) Championships get a lot forgiven.

Very true, success is by far the most effective perfume.

I know they do get mitigated for drafting some ass clowns but I don't understand why they should, when these players weren't even signed to an NFL team. That's like saying an owner of a car gets a DUI, when someone else was driving it.

I know they do get mitigated for drafting some ass clowns but I don't understand why they should, when these players weren't even signed to an NFL team. That's like saying an owner of a car gets a DUI, when someone else was driving it.

I think the point is that a team isn't totally at fault when they draft a guy who looked like a model citizen in college, but gets in trouble when he hits the pros. Who could see it coming, right? But when a team drafts a guy who was a jackass in college, then he acts like a jackass in the NFL, the team has no one to blame.

I think the point is that a team isn't totally at fault when they draft a guy who looked like a model citizen in college, but gets in trouble when he hits the pros. Who could see it coming, right? But when a team drafts a guy who was a jackass in college, then he acts like a jackass in the NFL, the team has no one to blame.

Good point. But look at Chad, The Bengals drafted him with ?'s and look how much of a model citizen he is. Except for the car giveaway that seemed to stay quite.