Some reasoning for drafting Kenny Irons

This could very well be true, but who really knows. There is a good long

at the link below showing Irons play in several games. He does seem to break a lot off for big gains, and that you have to like!

http://www.mosneaky.com/site/mosneaky-kenny-irons-cin

This could very well be true, but who really knows. There is a good long
at the link below showing Irons play in several games. He does seem to break a lot off for big gains, and that you have to like!

http://www.mosneaky.com/site/mosneaky-kenny-irons-cin

Isn't it July 2nd now or am I in the future of some bizarro world? :blink:

I don't see Rudi being a cap cut next year; much more likely they simply decide to part ways with Justin, in which case even after "Hobsonizing" the cap numbers the team would still have $20m+ in cap space.

Now, whether they resign him after 2009 is an open question. He would turn 31 during the 2010 season (October) and if he wants a big payday the Bengals may let him go. But even then, I would expect the Bengals to go after an RB no later than the 4th in April of 2010.

Irons is Chris Perry's replacement.

I would like to see the backfield be (and this is assuming Chris Perry can stay healthy) of Perry and Irons after this upcoming season. The Bengals would never tip their hat to the defense if it was a run or a pass like it is now when Rudi is on the field. Both Perry and Irons are explosive big play backs that could be on the field at the same time in a split backfield.

The argument does have some merit, but I hate to reserve any kind of judgement like this before a player has even played a down. The NFL in general is more of a passing league than ever, and we're ahead of that curve.. We're not a big running team and Rudi fits his role to a T. Say what you want about the guy, but he's always in that backfield come Sunday. Personally, I agree that this pick spells worse for Perry than Rudi, and I thinm you'll see a transition into Rudi's FA year than 08.

Say what you want about the guy, but he's always in that backfield come Sunday.

And that's what I love about him! Well that, and you NEVER hear any negative news about him, and he's absolutely supportive of all the other members of his team. Just a classy guy. B)

Personally, I agree that this pick spells worse for Perry than Rudi, and I think you'll see a transition into Rudi's FA year than 08.

I have to agree 100% with you here boomer. This pick was most assuredly aimed at "Porcelain" Perry, not "Blue Collar" Rudi Johnson.

I couldn't think in a million years that the Irons pick had ANYTHING to do in regards to Rudi. Perry on the other hand has been NOTHING for us. I use to specualte about Perry's abilities in the backfield, but none of that has come to bear fruit of any kind. I think it's a shame because I really wanted to see that, but it is what it is and Irons is now in place. After this season Perry will be an afterthought and the future of Rudi will be determined down the road. I'm a huge Rudi fan and think he does exactly what we need him to do.

WHODEY !!!

A very funny thread.

Well here's a bit more humor involving Kenny "The Midget Lover" Irons. Be advised the subject matter recorded in this article is adult in nature. It appears Kenny has a wry sense of humor when interviewed!

He'd do more with better blocking from the offensive line. There just wasn't many holes to run through last season... <_<

The offensive line is not the problem. They provided him the holes needed, the problem was he did not have his break away speed. He will find the hole, burst through it to gain 8-9 yards before the secondary tackles him. I believe his longest run was around 30 yards, which he did not score a TD. He moved the chains which helped eat up the clock. Last season, he had a lingering knee injury that slowed him down. This year he should be 100% and may show more break away ability this season then last. His yards per carry may have been down, but that can be attributed to not being able to break away from the secondary. The O-line provided the holes, Rudi just was unable to break away from the secondary.

I wouldn`t be surprised if the Bengals carry Perry, Rudi, and Irons into the 2008 season. You figure that Perry, with all his injuries, isn`t going to be able to command a big time 2nd contract so the money should be there. Here`s a cool article interview of Kenny Irons.

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-foot.../062805aaa.html