Sayonara Narron san

GapControl

Once again the Reds display their brilliance for baseball strategy. Let`s sum it up. You are the Reds owner. The Reds suck as usual. You know it is because you refuse to pay your own money for pitching and keep the Reds payroll in the cellar. So, your 4th, 5th, and swing starting pitchers are below average and your bullpen is a bunch of retread, has-beens, never-will-bes. The last real bullpen talent was Danny Graves and he is the reason the former owners could never buy starting pitching. But, the best way to make it all better is to fire the manager. This is the same logic you, the owner, used when you took your dog to the vet for worm treatments and chose to have him neutered instead.

It`s a cycle folks. It`s cyclical and I`m cynical. Cynical of Dave Miley, Bob Boone, Tony Perez, and the host of other fall guys for the group of Cincinnati businessmen who refuse to gamble with this team. The owners know that because of the 1970`s a certain percentage of older fans will show up and pay for Reds baseball. Add in the pristine "by tax-payer paidfor" ballpark and you hook another nice percentage of younger aged fans.

Firing Narron diverts attention from the real reason the Reds aren`t contenders. That`s the culmination of Reds brass strategical expertise in baseball, the best way to make a profit and keep the dieharders connected through diversion. Wouldn`t it be nice for some ownership group to come into the Reds, boost the club with their money and vow to increase the small-market of the Reds? Wouldn`t winning a few division titles consecutively get all of the bandwagon and fairweather baseball fans in Indiana, Northern Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Virginia to become Reds supporters? Suddenly, taking road trip vacations to the brandnew ballpark in the `Nati and buying lots of Reds merchandise would become common place.

Man, that would be some real, modernday baseball strategy, huh?

Call it what you will, but this was coming. No other team does so poorly and continues to employ the current manager. Like it or not, they are the fall guy. I don't like the direction the team is heading in and would love nothing more than to see a contender on the field, but it is what it is and Narron is gone. I never liked him as a manager to begin with. I always saw him as garbage, so I don't see much problem with this. Now the replacement ?? I have no idea, maybe no better. Want to see something special, hire a manager worth a sh*t AND put some money in this team. THAT would be something to see !!!

WHODEY !!!

Its not all Narron's fault but he deserves plenty of blame. How can you not have fielding practice before games? His handling of pitchers is very questionable.

This cant be the only change. We need a catcher bad! We need a bullpen. We need a better defense. Mostly though ....WE NEED PLAYERS WHO CARE!!

Once again the Reds display their brilliance for baseball strategy. Let`s sum it up. You are the Reds owner. The Reds suck as usual. You know it is because you refuse to pay your own money for pitching and keep the Reds payroll in the cellar. So, your 4th, 5th, and swing starting pitchers are below average and your bullpen is a bunch of retread, has-beens, never-will-bes. The last real bullpen talent was Danny Graves and he is the reason the former owners could never buy starting pitching. But, the best way to make it all better is to fire the manager. This is the same logic you, the owner, used when you took your dog to the vet for worm treatments and chose to have him neutered instead.

It`s a cycle folks. It`s cyclical and I`m cynical. Cynical of Dave Miley, Bob Boone, Tony Perez, and the host of other fall guys for the group of Cincinnati businessmen who refuse to gamble with this team. The owners know that because of the 1970`s a certain percentage of older fans will show up and pay for Reds baseball. Add in the pristine "by tax-payer paidfor" ballpark and you hook another nice percentage of younger aged fans.

Firing Narron diverts attention from the real reason the Reds aren`t contenders. That`s the culmination of Reds brass strategical expertise in baseball, the best way to make a profit and keep the dieharders connected through diversion. Wouldn`t it be nice for some ownership group to come into the Reds, boost the club with their money and vow to increase the small-market of the Reds? Wouldn`t winning a few division titles consecutively get all of the bandwagon and fairweather baseball fans in Indiana, Northern Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Virginia to become Reds supporters? Suddenly, taking road trip vacations to the brandnew ballpark in the `Nati and buying lots of Reds merchandise would become common place.

Where's Danny Graves now?

narron out is a good move we have a base that needs to be built apon we have more talent than ppl give us credit for...if this team got some work we could be a playoff team but with narron were a last place team

narron out is a good move we have a base that needs to be built apon we have more talent than ppl give us credit for...if this team got some work we could be a playoff team but with narron were a last place team

I heard the same type of things said when Miley was shown the door. All the blame should fall at the feet of the GM and the owners!

Here's to hoping Griffey keeps hitting dingers !!!

Wouldn't it be great to see about five or so years from now an older (not to mention much CLEANER) Junior in the position that Barry Bonds is in now? The baseball world would be ecstatic, and so would I!! Keep hitting homers Griffey!!

0614_large.jpg

Where's Danny Graves now?

I figure the injury he had finished him off. I think he had signed a minor league deal with Boston.

Here's to hoping Griffey keeps hitting dingers !!!

Wouldn't it be great to see about five or so years from now an older (not to mention much CLEANER) Junior in the position that Barry Bonds is in now? The baseball world would be ecstatic, and so would I!! Keep hitting homers Griffey!!

0614_large.jpg

BTW...it just might be "do-able":

1. H Aaron 755

2. B Bonds* 750

3. B Ruth 714

4. W Mays 660

5. S Sosa* 602

6. F Robinson 586

7. K Griffey* 585

The last real bullpen talent we had (though I do like Todd Coffey) was Ryan Wagner. I wish we hadn't dumped Todd Jones too.

But I think with the Reds Wagner struggled quite a bit.

No doubt. I thought he flashed a lot of potential though, and can't help but assume the Reds effed him up.

It seems the Reds aren't done handing out pink slips. They just handed bench coach Bucky Dent his walking papers today!

billy, i am having a lot of trouble reading your posts. if you have any other pictures of her can you PM me? :blush:

Sorry bro, but the truth is don't even know her name. If I come across any info/pics, I'll PM them to you. Cool?

It seems the Reds aren't done handing out pink slips. They just handed bench coach Bucky Dent his walking papers today!

billy, i am having a lot of trouble reading your posts. if you have any other pictures of her can you PM me? :blush:

Sorry bro, but the truth is don't even know her name. If I come across any info/pics, I'll PM them to you. Cool?

thanks!

thanks!

No problemo! :sure: