Do we get our bubble now?

BZoner

On Tuesday, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed the lower court’s summary judgment, thereby ending Hamilton County’s antitrust lawsuit against the National Football League and the Bengals.

The Bengals were gratified by the ruling — a complete vindication for the NFL and the Bengals.

In the face of the allegations made, the Bengals were delighted that the Court found the Bengals acted properly throughout.

Mike Brown, Bengals president, added:

“The final chapter has been written on the lawsuit over the stadiums, and as a community, we can now turn toward solving today’s challenges.”

:cheers:

Recently I was watching an interview with an NFL head coach, and because of a steady downpour or rain he was asked if he'd move his teams practices to a nearby indoor practice facility. He answered no, that teams occasionaly have to play in that type of weather, and because those conditions couldn't be easily replicated he was happy to take advantage of the chance to practice in lousy weather.

I just nodded my head in agreement.

Meanwhile, the practice bubble the coach could have used sat empty and unused.

Recently I was watching an interview with an NFL head coach, and because of a steady downpour or rain he was asked if he'd move his teams practices to a nearby indoor practice facility. He answered no, that teams occasionaly have to play in that type of weather, and because those conditions couldn't be easily replicated he was happy to take advantage of the chance to practice in lousy weather.

I agree, their football players, not prissy ballerina's

Remember back in the '60s when the Vikings had such an edge in November and December, when they practiced and played in that icebox called Metropolitan Stadium?

And doesn't anyone remember the mental edge the Bengals got over the Chargers when the Bengals played in their shirt sleeves in the Ice Bowl?

“The final chapter has been written on the lawsuit over the stadiums, and as a community, we can now turn toward solving today’s challenges.”

Like maybe having a defense finish in the 10-15 range so we can go to the Super Bowl ?? Turn toward that Mikey !!!

WHODEY !!!

Remember back in the '60s when the Vikings had such an edge in November and December, when they practiced and played in that icebox called Metropolitan Stadium?

And doesn't anyone remember the mental edge the Bengals got over the Chargers when the Bengals played in their shirt sleeves in the Ice Bowl?

bingo....practicing in a bubble. Give me a break...Sack up fellas!.... :lmao:

Then please tell me why the Bengals' are the ONLY cold weather team to NOT have an indoor practice facility?

Yet Hair brings up one (unverified) incident of "rain" where the coach ditched the indoor option? Whoop dee doo. Of course coaches will still practice in the elements at times.

The fact is that you can do a lot more indoors to prepare for a game during the week, avoid practice injuries that are a result of a bad/frozen/wet field, etc..., in December ecspecially. What if you're playing in a dome, in the middle of winter, where your opponent has the upper hand? What about re-creating loud indoor stadium noise?

Look at Marvin's December record since he's been here, and then tell me an indoor facility that every other team has the advantage of using as needed, without the hassle of traveling 45 min's north and thus having a shorter, lower quality practice, isn't a benefit?

Why does Marvin want it, but you guys think you know more than him about it?

You can do more in a controlled enviroment, get more done, and be better prepared year-round, when you can just walk on over to your bubble and not be restricted by weather or traveling and arranging practice times at a remote location.

I want the Bengals' to have every advantage, that every other "cold weather" team has in the league.

This isn't the 1950's and the game has changed.

And again I refer to Marvin's December record as proof that this team is not as well-prepared in the winter and needs to have the same advantages every other team does!

Why does Marvin want it, but you guys think you know more than him about it?

Here's another way to look at it. Why do pinheads like you criticize absolutely everything Marvin Lewis does, but then blindly support something that may or may not be used more than once or twice a year? Is it possible that all you're interested in is seeing Mike Brown prove his love for you by burning a pile of money?

When are you going to understand that he's just not that into you?

Then please tell me why the Bengals' are the ONLY cold weather team to NOT have an indoor practice facility?

Perhaps because the Bengals know there are suitable indoor facilities that they can use on the very rare occasions when the weather becomes too severe to practice in. Or are you now going to claim that the indoor facility has to prominently feature the Bengals logo to be effective?

To the question posed in the thread's title ("Do we get our bubble now?") the short answer is, of course not. Mike Brown is unconvinced of its value (despite Marvin's apparent contrary view) and he writes -- or doesn't write -- the checks. So that's that.

I remain neutral on the issue of whether a bubble would be of any value. What annoys me most about "bubble talk" is that instead of just saying, "I don't think it's necessary," and putting an end to the issue, Mikey has historically used every question about an indoor practice facility as an excuse for another round of poor-mouthing about the team. From "small market" to "city lawsuits," it's always about the current and/or future impoverished state of the franchise. And it's a routine that IMHO only fuels continuing cynicism about the organization.

Frankly, I think the strongest argument to be made for such a facility has less to do with the team or the weather, and more to do precisely with Brown family finances. A well-done indoor facility could become a profit center for Mikey & Co., since the Bengals, by all accounts here, would barely need it, so it could host all sorts of other events year-round. In other words, if you aren't making enough money in the NFL -- expand the business! Open up new revenue streams so you can take a lower margin on the football business and plow money back into the team.