Steelers team Dr. busted for Steriods

Steelers team doctor, Dr. Rydze.was fired for being dumb enough to get CAUGHT after buying 150,000 woth of STERIODS and hgh and putting it on his own credit card. Both drugs are banned by the NFL. This explains alot about the the Steelers.

What is interesting is how(Steelers fan) PFT plays the story. After over doing it on every non- story about Chris Henry or any other Bengal.

This is how PFT plays the story:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Steelers have fired the team doctor who was linked to HGH. (Offensive line coach Larry Zierlein sent us an e-mail about it.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice that he left out the fact the guy Purchased $150,000 worth of STERIODS and hgh,he was not linked to hgh,they know that he put $150,000 woth of steriods and on his credit card. Notice that it is played as though the steelers self reported, so to be played as a non story.No call for an investigation. No questions of if the Steelers were on 'roids when they won the Superbowl.This doctor would be the ideal kind of guy to know what kind of masking agents to use to pass NFL tests, I would love to know if he had ever used anything that is used as a masking

agent.

Here is the story:

Steelers drop longtime MD

Internist was linked to purchase of $150,000 in steroids, HGH

Friday, June 15, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have removed Dr. Richard Rydze from their medical staff roster, an apparent reaction to the revelation in March that he had purchased $150,000 in testosterone and human growth hormone with his own credit card.

Rydze was interviewed by investigators from Albany County, N.Y., in February, but never accused by them of any wrongdoing. Nevertheless, his employers at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center began their own investigation after his name surfaced in the New York case.

More than three months later, UPMC officials are not ready to comment about their investigation, said Susan Manko of the hospital's news bureau.

Steelers President Art Rooney II declined comment yesterday on the team's dropping Dr. Rydze, an internist, after 21 years of working mostly on game days for them. Previously, Rooney said, "There is no evidence that Dr. Rydze prescribed or provided any hormone treatments to any of our players. Dr. Rydze has assured me that this has never happened and will never happen."

Nevertheless, having a doctor on their staff connected to steroids purchases apparently was not something the Steelers believed they could tolerate.

The NFL bans the use of any kind of steroids or human growth hormone. Dr. Rydze previously told Sports Illustrated he uses the HGH to treat older patients. He is medical director of the Little Sisters of the Poor Nursing Facility, according to his bio on a UPMC Web site.

Rydze's name surfaced during an investigation by an Albany, N.Y., prosecutor into an illicit steroids distribution network that led authorities to raid two facilities in Orlando, Fla., and arrest four company officials in February.

According to the Times-Union of Albany, N.Y., a New York investigator flew to Pittsburgh to interview Rydze about why he used his credit card to purchase about $150,000 in testosterone and human growth hormone in 2006.

Although never a target, Rydze told the New York Times that investigators had urged him to stop using a Florida pharmacy under their scrutiny and that he complied. UPMC officials also wanted some answers.

Dr. Rydze, a 1972 Olympics silver medalist in platform diving who is enshrined in the Western Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame, could not be reached for comment.

Every team is involved.

Excatly, just don't get caught...

So the Steelers "special doctor" who only comes around on game day is caught buying enough steriods to supply a football team for an entire season and this gets brushed under the table because steriods isn't a hot bed issue that even Congress would get involved in, oh wait, it is.

Do they have to catch Joey Porter sticking the needle in his ass to bring some attention to this story?

Weren't the 70's Steelers notorious for using steriods as evidenced by the tragic lives of the former players?

Good thing Goodell came down hard on Pacman and Henry because situations like this would one think he's not on top of it all. <_<

I wonder how many times ESPN will run this story or if Colin Cowherd will spend hours pontifficating about whether the Steelers * Bowl was tainted by steriods and HGH? They should because obiviously there is a real connection and proof that there could possiblely have been steriod use in Pissburgh. I think that at some level every team uses performance enhancing drugs, but the Steelers got caught, so f**k em.

Every team is involved.

Excatly, just don't get caught...

So the Steelers "special doctor" who only comes around on game day is caught buying enough steriods to supply a football team for an entire season and this gets brushed under the table because steriods isn't a hot bed issue that even Congress would get involved in, oh wait, it is.

Do they have to catch Joey Porter sticking the needle in his ass to bring some attention to this story?

Weren't the 70's Steelers notorious for using steriods as evidenced by the tragic lives of the former players?

Good thing Goodell came down hard on Pacman and Henry because situations like this would one think he's not on top of it all. <_<

I wonder how many times ESPN will run this story or if Colin Cowherd will spend hours pontifficating about whether the Steelers * Bowl was tainted by steriods and HGH? They should because obiviously there is a real connection and proof that there could possiblely have been steriod use in Pissburgh. I think that at some level every team uses performance enhancing drugs, but the Steelers got caught, so f**k em.

Oh, I am sure he will just to get all the Seahawk fans fired up. I can't stand Colin. :angry: But I have to admit I listen to him in order to have someone to argue to when he speaks his slanted views while upseting his callers.

I wonder how many times ESPN will run this story or if Colin Cowherd will spend hours pontifficating about whether the Steelers * Bowl was tainted by steriods and HGH?

I was actually listening to Cowherd's show the day this story first broke. He laid into the whole Steelers organization, pretty much labeling them as cheaters and have been doing steroids starting back to the 70s. He was just as relentless to the moron Steeler fans who tried to call in and argue with him. It was about the only time I've ever listened to his show without wanting to smash my raido against the wall.

I wonder how many times ESPN will run this story or if Colin Cowherd will spend hours pontifficating about whether the Steelers * Bowl was tainted by steriods and HGH?

I was actually listening to Cowherd's show the day this story first broke. He laid into the whole Steelers organization, pretty much labeling them as cheaters and have been doing steroids starting back to the 70s. He was just as relentless to the moron Steeler fans who tried to call in and argue with him. It was about the only time I've ever listened to his show without wanting to smash my raido against the wall.

At least someone is covering this story, I this is the only place I've heard of the story. I guess no one in the media has the balls to really dig into this see how far it goes.

Meanwhile Congress is trying to subpeana Jason Giambi for steriods, they should call this guy in as well. I guess they only care about steriods in baseball because if any sport is using performance enhancing drugs like steriods, it football.

Meanwhile Congress is trying to subpeana Jason Giambi for steriods, they should call this guy in as well. I guess they only care about steriods in baseball because if any sport is using performance enhancing drugs like steriods, it football.
It's not that Congress doesn't care. They brought in all the sports commissioners to represent their sports. The difference is that Tagliabue acted like a big boy and demonstrated how the NFL was doing everything in its power to solve the problem. Meanwhile Selig just pointed his finger at Donald Fehr, claiming a powerlessness to do what is necessary. That’s why congress cares specifically about baseball regarding the steroids problem. Because the commissioner doesn’t.

As far as the Steelers problem (as well as the Panthers problem a few years back)... it merely shows that the current testing practices are insufficient. But I guess you'd have to show me a sport that has solved the problem with no margin of error before I start bashing the NFL's policy.

I guess they only care about steriods in baseball because if any sport is using performance enhancing drugs like steriods, it football.

I'd feel safe saying that professional wrestling is in just as deep, if not deeper, than football is with the abuse of steroids. Have you seen those dudes exhibiting their bizarre "Roid Rage" behavior right in front of the camera's!?! :rolleyes:

I guess they only care about steriods in baseball because if any sport is using performance enhancing drugs like steriods, it football.

I'd feel safe saying that professional wrestling is in just as deep, if not deeper, than football is with the abuse of steroids. Have you seen those dudes exhibiting their bizarre "Roid Rage" behavior right in front of the camera's!?! :rolleyes:

Yeah but when you start comparing your sport to pro wrestling, there's a problem.

Honestly I don't care if guys are doping, I really don't. I don't see why Congress is making a big deal about it, they say it comprimises the integritiy of the game, but so does horrible officiating and the NFL as had it's fair share of that in the past few years, i.e. the * Bowl and whatever game Mike Carey is a part of. It's all hypocritical nonsense to distract people from real issues, imo.

Is taking steriods worse than a guy getting a shot of pain killer to play, both are performance enhancing drugs of some kind. It's silly to me that people care more about integrity of their favorite sport than the decline in morals in American society, the prespective is out of wack.

It's silly to me that people care more about integrity of their favorite sport than the decline in morals in American society, the prespective is out of wack.

Welcome to America...land of the free, and home of more nut cases than you can shake a stick at! :rolleyes: