Commisioner extends alcohol ban

Goodell is out of control, if you can get alcoholic beverages at on a commerical flight you should be able to get them on a privately chartered plane.

Banning alcohol at a team functions is even more ridiculous, not serving alcoholic beverages at charity functions will decrease the quality of the experience, imo. Goodell is acting as if he's everyone Daddy, he needs to know when enough is enough.

I used to be a heavy drinker, but since have come to my senses.

Using my experiences as both a wasted participant and a sober one, I would have to say that you might think you are having more fun wasted but you are wrong. It is much better to enjoy an event without having to worry about the obnoxiuos drunken fool that some people become when intoxicated.

I would love to see the NFL ban alcohol at all events, including games.

Using my experiences as both a wasted participant and a sober one, I would have to say that you might think you are having more fun wasted but you are wrong. It is much better to enjoy an event without having to worry about the obnoxiuos drunken fool that some people become when intoxicated.

I believe in moderation in all things, especially alcohol. B)

Alcohol serves, to use Roger Goodell's words, "no constructive purpose," and so it is forthwith banned.

Fair enough, but what constructive purpose does playing football have? At best it's simple entertainment, a trifle, a distraction, and as much as I love it I have to admit that much of it's appeal is based upon how utterly unimportant it is.

If Goodell were interested in anything more than grandstanding his announcement would have went on the detail how the NFL will no longer accept advertising revenue from alcohol producers, and would stop selling alcohol at games as soon as possible.

I believe in moderation in all things, especially alcohol. B)

All things Billy? All things??? ;*

You'd rather see them go to a bar to get drunk instead? These are young guys that are in top physical shape and have lots of money. They are going to go out drinking and I'd rather it be at a team function than a nightclub.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...010348/1067/SPT

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10204715

The commish has decided to ban alcohol on any team function, plane or bus and not just the lockerroom.

Many companies ban alchohol from company sponsorted events. I don't see how this is any different. He's looking out for the league image here. What if a player gets drunk while at a team function, plane or bus and then does something stupid like drive or start a fight? What's it going to look like for that particular team, especially if it's us?

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...010348/1067/SPT

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10204715

The commish has decided to ban alcohol on any team function, plane or bus and not just the lockerroom.

Many companies ban alchohol from company sponsorted events. I don't see how this is any different. He's looking out for the league image here. What if a player gets drunk while at a team function, plane or bus and then does something stupid like drive or start a fight? What's it going to look like for that particular team, especially if it's us?

It's called self controll and personal responsibility. If a player cannot handle his alcohol and be responsible enough to stay out of trouble, he should not be drinking. The sad thing is we have big brother looking over shoulder protecting ourselves from ourselves. It is a sad state of affairs that the few people who cannot be responsible for thier actions ruin it for the many who can.