C'mon The Gas!

Scottishbengal

PROPER FOOTBALL for those who care:

Best of luck to Bristol Rovers who host Lincoln City in the play-off semi-final 1st leg tomorrow (the 2nd leg being played in Lincoln on Thurs 17th)

I'll be cheering you on from my sofa, a few ciders will be drunk, and Goodnight Irene will be sung badly but loudly!

Rovers won the 2nd leg 5-3, coming out 7-4 winners overall.

They will now go on to contest the first ever play-off final at the new Wembley stadium against Shrewsbury Town

:soccer:

Rovers won the 2nd leg 5-3, coming out 7-4 winners overall.

They will now go on to contest the first ever play-off final at the new Wembley stadium against Shrewsbury Town

:soccer:

Good luck again to your lads. :sure:

Cheers Bill,

Bristol Rovers 3-1 Shrewsbury Town.

Shrewsbury went 1-0 up in the 3rd minute and but Rovers pulled back and led 2-1 at the break. Town dominated possession in the second half and were the side looking most likely to score. Deep into stoppage time Rovers broke from their own area, raced down the pitch and cooly slotted home the 3rd to seal promotion to Division 1.

40,000 Rovers fans made the trip to the capital - not at all bad for a club that averages crowds of 6K to 7K each week.

Now join in the fun and sing along with all the Rovers fans ........

"Irene, Goodnight Irene, Irene, Goodnight, ..Goodnight Irene, Goodnight Irene, I'll see you in my dreams"