" The 'GROIN' "

halp

Ever play poker, halp? Why show your cards before you have to? I'm sure Lewis has a pretty good idea what Sunday's starting lineup will look like, but no sense giving Billick any tips.

FWIW I'm betting CD will be back. They need to win this one to have any realistic hope of staying in the playoff race. And if CD reaggravates his groin, well, the next few games present less difficult challenges, and Watson will have had a month to absorb the basics of the offense.

I think Dillon will get the start. I agree that coach Lewis isn't showing too much too fast and thereby helping the ravens to develop a game plan. I'm hoping that he is fully recovered, but if he isn't then we'll most likely get our first look at Watson. Hoping for strong showings from TJ and Schoeb ... le ? el ??? too.

Still looking for a big day from the defense though. If Clemmons plays like he did in the last game, Bollers bit about throwing from his knees could come in handy.

As reported here, the Fanball Staff at Fanball.com say:

News

Head coach Marvin Lewis was reportedly delighted about the progress of running back Corey Dillon (groin) in practice on Thursday, Bengals.com noted. Dillon is still officially listed as questionable with the injury, but Lewis' optimism seemed to leave little doubt that the running back would be able to play on Sunday.

Views

Dillon himself isn't talking to the media, so we only have Lewis' word to go on. The coach was joking around with the media regarding Corey, so obviously the term "delighted" was well used. It's looking more and more safe for Dillon owners to use him this week.

Of course, more-or-less the same thing was reported in "Thursday's Quick Hits" on

Bengals.com. Still, looks like good news whoever reports it!

As reported here, the Fanball Staff at Fanball.com say:

News

Head coach Marvin Lewis was reportedly delighted about the progress of running back Corey Dillon (groin) in practice on Thursday, Bengals.com noted. Dillon is still officially listed as questionable with the injury, but Lewis' optimism seemed to leave little doubt that the running back would be able to play on Sunday.

Views

Dillon himself isn't talking to the media, so we only have Lewis' word to go on. The coach was joking around with the media regarding Corey, so obviously the term "delighted" was well used. It's looking more and more safe for Dillon owners to use him this week.

Of course, more-or-less the same thing was reported in "Thursday's Quick Hits" on

Bengals.com. Still, looks like good news whoever reports it!

That is good news. :D

If he does play, hopefully he doesn't re-aggravated the groin injury.

I don't think Lewis will play him if there is going to be a chance of that though.

I don't think Lewis will play him if there is going to be a chance of that though.

I think the chance of CD playing is now 100%. If Lewis latest comments don't prove it, consider his actions in releasing Hamilton and signing Walter to the active roster. With TJ sidelined, that means we go into this game with just 3 WRs, CJ, PW and K-wash. I don't think you reduce your WR firepower even a tad before a big divisional game unless you're sure your star RB is ready to go again. On a side note, there was some talk before the season that the Bengals might line Schobel up at wideout in certain situations. With just 3 WR vs. Balit, that might be a new wrinkle to watch for (unfortunately, I'll be on a flippin' plane and won't be able to watch at all! :( )

I think the chance of CD playing is now 100%. If Lewis latest comments don't prove it, consider his actions in releasing Hamilton and signing Walter to the active roster. With TJ sidelined, that means we go into this game with just 3 WRs, CJ, PW and K-wash. I don't think you reduce your WR firepower even a tad before a big divisional game unless you're sure your star RB is ready to go again. On a side note, there was some talk before the season that the Bengals might line Schobel up at wideout in certain situations. With just 3 WR vs. Balit, that might be a new wrinkle to watch for (unfortunately, I'll be on a flippin' plane and won't be able to watch at all! :( )

JoiseyC....where have you been this season?......as far as reducing fire power at the W.R. position....it's really no different then it has been since the start of the year.....if CJ or PW go down; now that's a reduction, big time. K-wash has made minimal contributions (but is learning), TJ just isn't happening.....need the T-ends involved with a decent running game, be it CD, RJ, BB or Watson........

as far as reducing fire power at the W.R. position....it's really no different then it has been since the start of the year

I have to disagree with that. We're replacing a guy who's been with the team in TC, got lots of PT in preseason, played in all five regular season games (albeit without a catch) for a guy we signed at the tail end of August and who has been sitting on the PS until yesterday. And who according to the DDN is still getting up to speed on the offense. It isn't a *huge* falloff, but it virtually eliminates depth at the WR slot.

.....if CJ or PW go down; now that's a reduction, big time.

No argument there. And let's pray fervently that it doesn't happen, because Walter looks like the only choice to replace them right now.

K-wash has made minimal contributions (but is learning), TJ just isn't happening.....need the T-ends involved with a decent running game, be it CD, RJ, BB or Watson........

I'm actually pretty pleased with the TE production so far this season. I *would* like to see more of Schobel, he has good hands. Again, maybe line him up at WR on a few plays...