Strongest Support for Odell Yet!

bengalskyspy

Odell Back?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Will Happen?

• Yes--He will make it back and have great year
    • Yes--He will make it back and begin to have a great year, then fall off the wagon again
    • Yes--He will make it back, but not contribute alot this year
    • No--He will not make back at all

Bengals.com

See the media clip from Brian Robinson where he says they really missed Odell last year, and that according to the coaches, Odell is "healthy and clean-minded." This is the most encouraging thing I have heard this offseason! :cheers:

First Hartwell, now Odell, oh hell it's shaping up to be a good offseason after all.

sorry I couldn't resist.

Bengals.com

See the media clip from Brian Robinson where he says they really missed Odell last year, and that according to the coaches, Odell is "healthy and clean-minded." This is the most encouraging thing I have heard this offseason! :cheers:

That is really good to hear, I hope he comes out and has a good year. With any luck the time off has helped him to get his act together, which would be a win win for all.

Bengals.com

That is really good to hear, I hope he comes out and has a good year. With any luck the time off has helped him to get his act together, which would be a win win for all.

He will come back and be on special teams, where is the category for that one at?

Bengals.com

He will come back and be on special teams, where is the category for that one at?

That would be in the category of yes he will be back, but not contribute alot.

I was thinking more of an opposite to #2. He'll come back and do very little at first, but eventually in the season he'll be back to form and contributing a lot.

Yeah, if he contributes it will likely be later rather than sooner. He'll have been basically out of football for the better part of two years by opening night '07. If he's back at all.

I think he will be back and contribute. I'm looking forward to him and Brooks on the field at the same time.

Yeah, I think Odell could play Will. Keep Brooks in the middle and Jeanty at strong and at least the LB corps has a sizeable amount of raw talent. They oughta be able to make a few plays, you'd think...

I think he will be back and contribute. I'm looking forward to him and Brooks on the field at the same time.

Yeah, I think Odell could play Will. Keep Brooks in the middle and Jeanty at strong and at least the LB corps has a sizeable amount of raw talent. They oughta be able to make a few plays, you'd think...

Hell, if you get all three of those guys on the field and in the right place to make plays, they'd be beasts. I'm just not banking on both Brooks and Odell getting their heads on straight. I'll be thrilled if one does.

Yes--He will make it back and have great year

I think I'd feel better about

Landon-Odell-Brooks then Odell-Brooks-Jeanty.

I think Jeanty has more upside for LB but I think you play Odell and brooks where their best suited which is odell mlb and brooks slb.

I think you all are reading too much into that quote. So, he is cleaned up and healthy... but for how long? I am not betting on him being a solid contributor, especially now with the stricter fines coming down from the NFL above. He reminds me of Tremain Mack. Play a few games, mess up, get suspended, play a few more games, etc. I really liked Tremain Mack on the field, though.

I think you all are reading too much into that quote. So, he is cleaned up and healthy... but for how long? I am not betting on him being a solid contributor, especially now with the stricter fines coming down from the NFL above. He reminds me of Tremain Mack. Play a few games, mess up, get suspended, play a few more games, etc. I really liked Tremain Mack on the field, though.

I liked Tremain Mack too. Was a very good safety at Miami, Fla. Very good returner, wasn't worth a damn as a defensive player though. - He was a player that was ridiculed with baggage coming out of school, but Cincy' took a chance on him and it seriously backfired, right after he went to the Pro Bowl. He was a drunkard in school, and it continued in the pros'.

Weed might be something that sends up warning signs, but when there are consistent reports of alcohol related problems, I'm staying away from those type of players. :unsure:<_<

I can't see Odell making any type of "huge" impact whatsoever this year. He's been away form the game for a long time, not to mention all the issues he needed to work on from his last season. He won't be there for the camps and will be trying to earn a spot back against players who have been going through the plays and attending camp. Odell can't even apply for reinstatement until June. C'mon people, for as much as I would LOVE to see him come back and make an impact for this defense, I just can't see it happening THIS year. Not to mention if he screws up just one more time for the smallest of things (missed test) he's gone for good.

Funny how there can be so much hate for Henry (who screws up, but still here) and so little for Odell who has placed this organization in a huge bind as well. Don't get me wrong, I understand the hate towards Henry, but just don't understand all the love for Odell.

WHODEY !!!

I think the lack of hate towards Odell is the fact that he's already been punished and punished hard, plus he hasn't had as many frequent accidents as Henry.

I would like to see Ahmad start at SLB and maybe sign Hartwell to start off at MLB then eventually ease Odell back into the starting spot. We need him out there. He won't play much the first 8 games I'm sure.

odell's done! he done admitted "i have a drinking problem" and until he clears that up he won't be back. and why would we risk having a guy that is one step away from another suspension? plus (i dont know how true this is but) i heard he wasn't in shape coming into last season, and if can't stay in shape during one off-season then there's no way he's in shape after a year and a half or more! time to move on people ~R.I.P Odell~

I think the lack of hate towards Odell is the fact that he's already been punished and punished hard, plus he hasn't had as many frequent accidents as Henry.

I would like to see Ahmad start at SLB and maybe sign Hartwell to start off at MLB then eventually ease Odell back into the starting spot. We need him out there. He won't play much the first 8 games I'm sure.

That would work for me.