Jon Beason

John Beason

OLB | (6'0", 233, 4.55) | MIAMI (FLA.)

Overall: Beason arrived at Miami in 2003, appeared in two games (Louisiana Tech, Florida) as a fullback before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury, and then received a medical redshirt. As a redshirt freshman in 2004, he moved to linebacker and saw action in all 12 games (three starts) recording 29 total tackles, four tackles for loss, and one sack. Beason then started 10 contests and played in all 12 (team opened in nickel for two non-starts) at weakside outside linebacker for the 2005 season, registering 66 total tackles including six for loss. In 2006, he played in 12 of 13 games, missed one game with a knee injury, and finished the season with 75 total tackles, eight tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, one interception, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery.

They were doing a special on NFL network, showing his highlights and he's got a motor. He could probrably play MLB( not baseball :lmao: ) in the future. Not only that he has no criminal record. In my opinion I think that we should draft him. We need LB's that can make plays. Especially if Odell doesnt come back or if Pollack is done.

Stay away from players from the U, they have had no good character development on that team for a long time now. FSU falls into this category also. Win at all cost schools, I'd rather take a high character player from Penn State like teams with a little less potential if need be.

Stay away from players from the U, they have had no good character development on that team for a long time now. FSU falls into this category also. Win at all cost schools, I'd rather take a high character player from Penn State like teams with a little less potential if need be.
I think it is a very serious mistake (to put it as mildly as I can) to label all players at a given school as character risks, with the same going for assuming all players form another school are boy scouts.

Evaluate each player as an individual, please. Sheesh.

That said, at least one site I have found to be very legit - NFL Draft Countdown - in fact describes beason in part "...Fantastic leader with excellent intangibles..."

See http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr.../jonbeason.html

Sounds like he doesn't fit your stereotype......

I think it is a very serious mistake (to put it as mildly as I can) to label all players at a given school as character risks, with the same going for assuming all players form another school are boy scouts.

Evaluate each player as an individual, please. Sheesh.

That said, at least one site I have found to be very legit - NFL Draft Countdown - in fact describes beason in part "...Fantastic leader with excellent intangibles..."

See http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr.../jonbeason.html

Sounds like he doesn't fit your stereotype......

I never said all players from those schools were bad characters, just that they get no character development from the staff. Win at all cost college programs produce a higher percentage of bad seed players than solidly coached players do.

The Bengals need to stay away from any chance of a bad seed in this draft!!!

Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow were consider not to be bad character guys when they came out, but I would not want either now.

I never said all players from those schools were bad characters, just that they get no character development from the staff. Win at all cost college programs produce a higher percentage of bad seed players than solidly coached players do.

Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow were consider not to be bad character guys when they came out, but I would not want either now.

I see....you still want to promote stereotypes and label every person by the school they come from.

Hmm, what's it called again when you label a person by the color of their skin? This is not entirely dissimilar.....

There is no hope for you.

Have a nice day.

Mike Mayock from the NFL network has Beason as the number1 LB available

and Kiper currently has Beason to the Bengals at 18. Beason might not

be flashy but he is a solid player. There are a few guys I would

rather have (Hall, Landry, Willis, and Branch). However, i would not

be disappointed with Beason at 18.

I see....you still want to promote stereotypes and label every person by the school they come from.

Hmm, what's it called again when you label a person by the color of their skin? This is not entirely dissimilar.....

There is no hope for you.

Have a nice day.

Dude, when you are not taught the correct behavior in college you are at a higher percentage to not display the correct behavior after college. Maybe you will get the gist of the post this way, but I doubt it. You would rather just hurl babble about stereotypes and for some reason the color of a persons' skin. I feel for you since you obviously were not taught much as a youngster, maybe Jim Brown was your tutor. :lmao:

There is no bias in saying that the coaching staff of UM or FSU has forgotten to teach thier players how to act as human beings while in the charge of the university. Winning has surpassed the growth of these players. It is a shame that this has happened when winning and learning can be done at the same time if the coaching staff is willing to try. Players from these schools are more inclined to have the star/diva mentality coming out of college, they have not had to do anything they did not want to do for 3-4 years and have gotten used to anything bad they did to be taken care of for them.

IMO there is no need for the Bengals to risk taking a kid from a college program known to have a bad track record of turning out well rounded players.