Jaws Eats Theisman's Job

The MNF No. 2 crew they used in week one last year -- Jaws, Vermeil and Golic I think -- was absolutely great, best crew I've heard work a game in a long time. So Im kinda hoping Jaws is just step one, y'know? ;) Tho Tirico is inoffensive and Kornheiser was Ok before he quit calling out every stupid thing Theisman said (which was about every third word).

Michaels & Madden? I just can't take John Madden any more. He was always goofy, but IMHO he really jumped the shark with the whole "I believe the busts in the pro football hall of fame come to life and talk to each other when no one is there" thing. :wacko: Michaels is OK.

The MNF No. 2 crew they used in week one last year -- Jaws, Vermeil and Golic I think -- was absolutely great, best crew I've heard work a game in a long time. So Im kinda hoping Jaws is just step one, y'know? ;) Tho Tirico is inoffensive and Kornheiser was Ok before he quit calling out every stupid thing Theisman said (which was about every third word).

Michaels & Madden? I just can't take John Madden any more. He was always goofy, but IMHO he really jumped the shark with the whole "I believe the busts in the pro football hall of fame come to life and talk to each other when no one is there" thing. :wacko: Michaels is OK.

Yeah, with all the damned celebrity booth cameos and the terrible Monday night schedule last year, listening to Kornheiser skewer Theismann was about the only entertaining part of the show.

This is a GREAT improvement.

Jaws is the ultimate analyst. Theisman is a goat sack.

:cheers:

Could not agree more, Theisman is too full of himself for me. I like Tony on PTI but sometimes it seems that he is trying to hard to be funny on Monday Night football. Cut down on some of those ABC tv show promoting celebs from visiting and get back to basic football would be a wonderful idea.

I welcome the change...couldn't stand Madden, definitely couldn't stand Theisman.

Also, I heard someone mention the same thing about MNF No. 2 crew. The source said Vermeil and Jaws played well off one another. I hope we get another chance to see them in action and I can see them for myself.

This can't possibly be a bad thing. JT was an embarassment last year. Didn't Jaws used to do games several years ago after he retired? I seem to recall that and that he was pretty good. ESPN seemed to have kinda kept him on the sidelines with just doing weekly analysis shows recently, but I think he calls a good game. Like I said though, they could put a cardboard cut out of Boomer (Esiason, not Berman) in the booth and it would be more entertaining than Theeesman.