How about this Draft now.

1. Darnell Dockett - DT - Florida State - We tracked Sapp so we're looking for fast athletic DTs, Marv also attended his pro day

2a. Matt Ware - CB - UCLA - Perfect Frazier developmental cornerback

2b. Bob Sanders - SS - Iowa - Adds some sure tackling and run support

3a. Demorrio Williams - OLB - Nebraska - I'ved heard Marv really likes this guy. IMHO he is better than Boulware. Much surer tackler at least

3b. Travis Laboy - DE - Hawaii - Everyone goes on about fixing the run-D but we were one of the worst agains't the pass aswell. Marv also attended his Pro-day - Was it in Hawaii?

4a. Alex Stephanovich - C - Ohio State - Ritchy clone to take over when he retires

4b. Mewelde Moore - RB - Tulane - We need a third down back and this is the best pass catcher in this class of backs. Nice safety catch for Palmer.

5. Jared Lorenzen - QB - Kentucky

6. Curtis Deloatch - CB - North Carolina A&T

7. Khiawatha Downey - G - Indiana

screw grabbing a back on the first day. The o-line will make the running game, not a running back. We need a high draft pick running back like we need another losing season. the team will be much better served grabbing a center, and either a tackle or guard before drafting a running back...JUST SAY NO TO A RUNNING BACK.

Three words to a Running back

RUDI RUDI RUDI

screw grabbing a back on the first day. The o-line will make the running game, not a running back. We need a high draft pick running back like we need another losing season. the team will be much better served grabbing a center, and either a tackle or guard before drafting a running back...JUST SAY NO TO A RUNNING BACK.

Three words to a Running back

RUDI RUDI RUDI

I'm with you 100 percent here Kevnz. These folks fail to understand that you can have the best runningbacks in the world, but it doesn't mean squat if your defense can't stop the opposing team to put the ball in that backs hand!!

I want to see the Bengals defense do a total turnaround from last years absolute debacle, and become the force of the team. I want to see Marvins defense CRUSH opposing offenses. I'm tired of hoping the offense outscores the other team, as in what happened in the 49ers game. :player:

I want to see the Bengals defense do a total turnaround from last years absolute debacle, and become the force of the team. I want to see Marvins defense CRUSH opposing offenses. I'm tired of hoping the offense outscores the other team, as in what happened in the 49ers game. :player:

Preach it brother

i like the thought of something like...

1. Antwan Odom

Good balenced DE that playes the run and pass equally good. A lot of upside.

2a. Randy Starks

Kiper and NFLdraftcountdown have him going late 2nd, so i think hed be a good pickup for us.

2b. (feels good to type that) Tatum Bell

Great 3rd down RB.

3a. Joey Thomas

I think he could easily end up the best corner in this draft besides Hall and Robinson. He is 6'1" 198 pounds, great at man coverage and bump and run. Has 4.42 speed. Great leaping ability. Beats Chris Gamble in every statistical category except Gamble has .5 inches more verticle leap. Still raw though and will need a year.

3b. Jason Shivers

Good safety prospect to rotate with Beckett and Herring. Hopefully hes good enough to keep KK off the feild.

4a. Alex Stepanovich

Center to take over for Braham next year.

Dunno about the rest, just hope we get a punter somewhere in there. Whoever the best one is.

Kyle Larson P , Nebraska & B.J.Sander P, Ohio St. - JonFnKitna

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Antwan Odom or Marcus Tubbs

2a.- Sean Jones or Derrick Strait

2b.- Will Poole or Jake Grove

3a. - Sean Lochlear or Julius Jones

3b. - Chad Lavalais or Julius Jones

4a. - Carlos Joseph or Alex Stepanovich ( depending on OL picks)

4b. - Jordan Carstens or Rod Davis

5. Marcell Almond or Arnold Parker ( Depending on DB picks )

6. Gus Scott or B.J.Sander

7. Rod Rutherford or Bruce Thornton ( Depending on DB picks )

Whoever is picked, with seven picks in the first 4 rounds and Marv's shrewd drafting, how can we not have a fantastic draft?

My ideal...

1. Chris Gamble- a steal for us at 24, where as in many instances he was slated to go even before the DW accident. Due to Unfortunate circumestancs, he would assume the role Dennis was supposed to man, and can learn in a nickel back situation where he is not as big a liabilty.

2a. Micheal Boulware- athletic linebacker Coach Lewis loves, can also play safety, posted numbers similar to Sean Taylor

2b. Chris Snee- can be eventual successor to Bobbie Williams, could play either C or RG.

3a. Stacy Andrews- man, this dude is probably better than his brother in the long run. Track and Field Athlete, so discipline is there. Addresses our first O-Line piece

3b.Sean Locklear- versatile athletic lineman that held his own at the Senior Bowl.

4a.Tim Anderson-hard working DT that Coach Lewis covets

4b.Drew Carter-Despite the bias to the Buckeyes, at 6'4 4.4 speed, he gets a good look at from the Bengals. Coach Lewis finds his speed reciever.

Don't know about the second day....

If we had something like that, I'd be happy :D

okay chris, how the hell do you have time to know so damn much about the draft? :blink:

And more importantly why the hell don't you have a job for the Bengals as a scout?

According to bengals.com, Greenberg may have been on to something with his 5th round pick, at least positionally...

With Palmer No. 1 and Kitna No. 2 set for two years, now seems to be the time to draft a third to groom as the eventual backup. Veteran Shane Matthews may or may not want to return for a second year as the No. 3.

With their extra picks in the third and fourth rounds, the Bengals could start looking for a guy early or wait to get one later. Michigan’s John Navarre and Bowling Green’s Josh Harris, who played for the Bengals’ coaches in the Senior Bowl, have been projected to go somewhere in the fourth and fifth rounds.

I haven't so much as glanced at the QBs available this year! (OK, I did look at Jared Lorenzen, but he's hard to miss!) It does make sense tho.

Harris sounds like he'd be a good pickup. I kind of like Va.'s Matt Schaub, too.

http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profi.../MattSchaub.htm

http://www.draftcrazy.com/prospect/qb/mattschaub.html

http://www.robscouting.com/Scouting%20Repo...cks/MSchaub.htm

okay chris, how the hell do you have time to know so damn much about the draft? :blink:

And more importantly why the hell don't you have a job for the Bengals as a scout?

Very good questions Kevnz... let's see..

1. I study this stuff all year long. It's my hobby -"you might say".

Personal story: - 1991 highschool graduate of a local Cincinnati Public school , coached a local youth team for his highschool football coach.- Turns out that this coach was a personal friend of then Cincinnati Bengals team trainer . Each year he got to go with the team to Indianapolis to help out, and in february of 1992 I got to go as well, as a personal thank you of sorts. --

* basically for 4 days I was a "mule" . :lol: - But it did put the "itch" into me to start studying the draft process etc etc.

- On a more personal note, Sam Wyche was not the "hard-ass" that Forrest Gregg was.

# 2. - I have absolutely no idea why the Brown family have never considered me as an option to their scouting department. It may have something to do with me living in the south, but whichever team comes along first, I'll jump on it. :player:

I think Tim Anderson will be around in the 4th. Mainly because there isnt much potential. But hed be a good run stopper for us if hes there.

Actually he was already one of the top defensive tackles entering the draft process. But his workouts,

- http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individu...workouts#ohiost

show that he can develop into a 3 down player.

According to bengals.com, Greenberg may have been on to something with his 5th round pick, at least positionally...
With Palmer No. 1 and Kitna No. 2 set for two years, now seems to be the time to draft a third to groom as the eventual backup. Veteran Shane Matthews may or may not want to return for a second year as the No. 3.

With their extra picks in the third and fourth rounds, the Bengals could start looking for a guy early or wait to get one later. Michigan’s John Navarre and Bowling Green’s Josh Harris, who played for the Bengals’ coaches in the Senior Bowl, have been projected to go somewhere in the fourth and fifth rounds.

I haven't so much as glanced at the QBs available this year! (OK, I did look at Jared Lorenzen, but he's hard to miss!) It does make sense tho.

Harris sounds like he'd be a good pickup. I kind of like Va.'s Matt Schaub, too.

http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profi.../MattSchaub.htm

http://www.draftcrazy.com/prospect/qb/mattschaub.html

http://www.robscouting.com/Scouting%20Repo...cks/MSchaub.htm

The guy I like at quarterback , is Rod Rutherford qb, Pittsburgh.

- You know it takes a pretty decent quarterback to make a really good wide receiver better.

Good arm, size, field vision - despite the fact that he only really had 3 legit targets while he started there.

1. Antonio Bryant - Dallas

2. Larry Fitzgerald - ??

3. Kris Wilson te -...???

And we can grab him in the 6th or 7th round. I'm hoping for the 7th, because the 5th is still a round to build upon. 6 & 7 are really the developmental rounds.

I kind of like Va.'s Matt Schaub, too.

I really don't think Schaub will be around at the 5th. All the scouts have been lauding him as the next Brady and he has been moving up boards recently. With teams like the Packers, Bills and Cheifs looking for long term quarterback replacements, I'm thinking he's probably gone in the third.

Don't like us taking B. Sanders but like the rest of it

Just wondering why you don't like the little guy? Probably just said it just there.

Just think about it this way. There have been safeties who have had his size and had great sucess and none of them were as highly rated as Sanders when they came out.

All of these guys were around the same size of Sanders:

Andre Waters, undrafted, probowler with the Eagles

Blaine Bishop, 8th round pick, 4 time probowler with the Titans.

Thomas Everett, 4th round pick, probowler with the Cowboys.

When you think that Sanders is regarded as more talented than any of those players then you have to take if if he's there in the second.

Time to give this a shot. You guys all have a lot of good thoughts. A lot harder than I thought it would be. Disclaimer on who will be available. Its different everywhere you look.

1. Gamble

2. Hill

2a. Thomas/Boulware

3a. Wharton

3b. Tim Anderson

4a. Payton

4b. Steponovich

5. Luke McCowan

Yeah I know, Im a buckey fan...so what :D

I'd like to see our draft turn out something like this.

24 Randy Starks DT or M. Tubbs DT - both are 2 gap defenders

49 Ricardo Colcough CB or M. Ware CB

56 Teddy Lehman LB

80 Will Allen S

96 Nick Leckey C

114 Mewelde Moore RB

117 Allen Rueber G

149 Niko Koutouvides LB

183 B J Sander P

218 Kendrick Starling WR