How about a WR in round 1

Would you mind if the Bengals drafted a WR in the first round?

Hear me out - with Chris Henry possibly facing a lengthy suspension - I can envision the Bengals taking a top receiver at pick 18. Ginn should be there, so shoud Meachem and Jarrett. Not only would Carson have another weapon, but say they take Ginn? Can you imagine the impact, on punt returns alone. Ginn or Ratliff, who would you rather have fielding punts.

I just dont see the Bengals being able to get an impact defensive player at pick 18. This is put up or shut up time for Marvin. Build on your strengths - the offense, and let the young playmakers come around on defense. At times, the defense looked great last year. (at KC, Car, at CLE, BAL) Besides, the Bengals can still get a decent corner or safey in Round 2.

I for one would be estatic to see any of the top WR picked in round one.

Yes I would mind,when your 1# and 2# are Chad and TJ you don't need a freaking 1st rnd WR...We have projects in Tab,Brazzell and holt and can always take another day 2 WR but we do not need a freaking day 1.

actually, i think we do - or at least a dynamic punt returner.

Everyone seems to think we need this defensive savior to fall to us at 18. Not gonna happen.

You know how you win games, field position and explosivenes. Ted Ginn, and Ted Ginn.

I just dont see the Bengals being able to get an impact defensive player at pick 18. This is put up or shut up time for Marvin. Build on your strengths - the offense....

To answer your question, yeah, I'd be pissed if the Bengals draft a wideout in Round 1....largely because I don't agree that they won't be able to find an impact defensive player at #18.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We Bengal fans are the bastard sons of Paul Brown. Most of us care only about throwing the football around the yard and scoring points by the buttload.

. Are you telling me that you would be upset if the Bengals took Ginn?

Yes I would be upset but I'm not a buckeye homer so it's easy,fudge atleast take johnnie lee higgins round 2 (which I would be agaist too just not as much as a WR in the 1st.)

Revis wont be there. He ran a 4.38 at his pro day

Will see.

Think about it, Ginn can play WR, KR, PR, he was recruited as a CB and played QB in HS at times. Obviously he is more valuable to us than any form defensive stater or quality backup.

Plus we can draft Antonio Pittman in the 2nd and then trade Rudi, C. Perry, Carson Palmer and the rest of our draft this year to Greenbay for AJ Hawk. Then we sign Craig Krenzel and Joe Germaine, giving us the most underrated 1-2 punch (plus Ginn in the shotgun) at QB in the league.

I bet Maurice Clarrett has lost weight by now too. That would be a quality pickup.

Big Buckeye fan here... so I've got no negative bias regarding the following statement. Ginn will be a bust. All he does is run really fast in a straight line. It doesn't fly in the NFL. He's the next Raghib Ismail.

I don't think he'll be a bust, but nor do I expect first round caliber production from him. The comparison I keep seeing when I look at him is Dante Hall.

A WR receiver in the 1st ?? F*CKING RETARDED !!! No need for this whatsoever. Don't worry about Henry, he'll be there sooner or later and we also have Tab coming back (HELL YEAH !!!) and the loss of Washington pleases me very much !!! DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE !!! I would bet a million dollars (if I had it) that we would not think about drafting a WR in the first and if there was an impact WR that someone would covet that much, we would trade down as opposed to drafting him... NOT A CHANCE IN HELL !!!

WHODEY !!!

How about a WR in round 1

My top 10 responces to that:

#1: Hell no.

#2: F**k no.

#3: Hell f**cking no.

#4: Are you NUTS!?!

#5: Have you forgotten about the Bengals REAL defensive needs already!?!

#6: You must have loved the wasted 1st round draft pick of Chris "Porcelain" Perry in 2004.

#7: Wide receiver? Why stop there? Let's go for a QB and really blow the show!

#8: The "Best Player Available" scheme isn't all it's cracked up to be.

#9: Mike Brown might be pissed if you take over his job of mucking up a draft.

#10: Only if we trade down to do it. <_<

Wow. Such hostility on these boards. Sorry I even brought up the WR question. All I know is I want the Bengals to go deep into the playoffs, hell win the superbowl. Last year was painful to say the least. Lets all just hope and pray Revis, Hall, Okoye, or dare I say LANDRY (pipe dream) falls to us. I just dont want the Bengals to reach for someone or even trade down. We need some one to make an impact. (Thats why I even mentioned Ginn) Hell, maybe the impact we need the Bengals already have (hes on the suspended list) :cheers:

I'd mybe be okay with calvin but :P then it's like why did his ass fall :P

For not being being able get a impact defensive player? Jjoe isen't a impact player? Odell wasen't a impact player his rookie year?Demeco Ryans for the texans? you can get impact players outside of the top 10.

With fear of being attacked at my home, here is my wish list for the bengals draft with a smiley to what my reaction will be if his name is called (no WR i promise)

1. Laron Landry (no chance hes there) :lmao:

2. Patrick Willis (now with a 4.38 for a frickin LB no way hes around) :o

3. Amobi Okoye (prob wont be there) :sure:

4. Darelle Revis (maybe hes there) :D

5. Leon Hall (same as above, high character guy 4 yr starter) :)

6. Reggie Nelson B)

7. Michael Griffin (a tackling machine at UT) :bengal:

8. Aaron Ross :blush:

9. Brandon Meriweather (too many character concerns for bengals) :cheers:

10. Paul Po (i guess, wanted to have 10 up here) :(

uh, can anyone say Marques Colston? TJ Houshmandzadeh? Strikes me that those guys were 7th round picks...

But honestly? We have some pretty specific needs on this football team for improvement and depth. Those needs lie on the defensive side of the ball, so lets get (maybe just a little) real here.

Depending upon the best player available it will be (not necessarily in this order) DE,CB,S,LB,DT methinks