Chris Henry mega-thread............

Kazkal

How is driving under suspension a violation to probation?? You really think they're going to lock him up for this? Some of you are out of your skulls!!!
I think I remember the judge telling Henry that if he gets into any kind of trouble then he's coming back to serve the remaining 88 days in Kenton County jail. I think Henry is the one that is out of his skull and maybe you for being an apologist for him.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is driving under suspension a violation to probation?? You really think they're going to lock him up for this? Some of you are out of your skulls!!!
I think I remember the judge telling Henry that if he gets into any kind of trouble then he's coming back to serve the remaining 88 days in Kenton County jail. I think Henry is the one that is out of his skull and maybe you for being an apologist for him.

You're 100% right jak.

Yeah, I couldn't even find myself able to respond in any sane way to that comment. "How is driving under suspension a violation of probation?" Seriously? Like I said, not worth responding to.

We are out of our skulls? I watched three separate programs on ESPN yesterday and all talked about Henry having to serve his 90 days and that he would be suspended for 4-8 games next year by the league and maybe even the entire season...I doubt all those people are out of their skulls too...

This is just ridiculous, I can't believe you guys think this is a big deal...

yeah, violation is bad. But a misdemeanor violation I don't think is a big deal.

Henry is not a criminal, he's a troublesome kid. He's got a bullseye as big as a watermelon on his back now... I really don't think he'll be around too much longer, which is a shame. If you don't think he'll land another NFL team, you're nutz!

Uhh oh, now they're saying Henry didn't have proof of insurance. Roger won't like that.

didn't have proof of insurance doesn't neccesarily mean that he doesn't have insurance... Oh wait, your being sarcastic, lol.

didn't have proof of intelligence doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't have intelligence.

yeah, violation is bad. But a misdemeanor violation I don't think is a big deal.

Henry is not a criminal, he's a troublesome kid. He's got a bullseye as big as a watermelon on his back now... I really don't think he'll be around too much longer, which is a shame. If you don't think he'll land another NFL team, you're nutz!

It's called an accumulation of all actions not just the most recent violation. He's got a bullseye on his back but he dumber than ####. Obviously he did something to get the cops attention. I still can't figure out why he hasn't hired a full time driver.

At some point he has to face up to his responsiblilties as an NFL player and even as an everyday citizen. And even if he was to get picked up by another team, I don't think he's got it in him to do things right and stay out of more trouble.

Quit feeling sorry for this guy. He obviously doesn't care about the Bengals, his teammates or the fans so why should you care about him. And you are only intersted in him for what he can do for our team. Personally, I am done with him.

It's called an accumulation of all actions not just the most recent violation. He's got a bullseye on his back but he dumber than ####. Obviously he did something to get the cops attention. I still can't figure out why he hasn't hired a full time driver.

At some point he has to face up to his responsiblilties as an NFL player and even as an everyday citizen. And even if he was to get picked up by another team, I don't think he's got it in him to do things right and stay out of more trouble.

Quit feeling sorry for this guy. He obviously doesn't care about the Bengals, his teammates or the fans so why should you care about him. And you are only intersted in him for what he can do for our team. Personally, I am done with him.

I'm sorry man but you act like these players are rich as hell. People assume that because he's a professional athlete, he's loaded and can afford to hire a full-time driver. That's a stupid statement and I'm tired of hearing it come up around the Nati... I think your wrong, he does care about the team. You may be right about not caring about the fans though, look at how you guys treat him? I'd be the same way... When will people in this city realize that this type of s**t happens every day in Cincinnati? The kid will grow up, I really hope you guys understand that soon. I guess he'll just have to be playing for another team before some of you realize it...

I'm sorry man but you act like these players are rich as hell. People assume that because he's a professional athlete, he's loaded and can afford to hire a full-time driver. That's a stupid statement and I'm tired of hearing it come up around the Nati... I think your wrong, he does care about the team. You may be right about not caring about the fans though, look at how you guys treat him? I'd be the same way... When will people in this city realize that this type of s**t happens every day in Cincinnati? The kid will grow up, I really hope you guys understand that soon. I guess he'll just have to be playing for another team before some of you realize it...

Yeah I really mistreat him. I fork out over a grand a year to go watch the team at PBS. And guess what? He isn't always out there because he gets in trouble. Hope he wasn't mad at me for mistreating him and that's why he pulled a gun in Florida, puked out of Odell's car and tried get some underaged stuff in KY. And I deny any involvement in the pot that he was carrying in his shoe.

And it doesn't matter whether we realize he will grow up etc. It's on him not us.

How old are you anyway?

Anyone who still sticks up for Henry is completely clueless and uses horrible agruments to try and give their opinion some life.

Chris Henry cares about football more than Chad? Chris Henry was working out with TJ and Carson while Chad was signing autographs? Chris has good stats as a young player....

Who gives a flying f**k about that.

Money is also a big issue apparently for some people considering they don't write the players checks or even get a paycheck from the Bengals. You sound like an idiot whining about what Mike Brown does with his money...wah wah wah.

As for some hating on Chad and defending Henry...pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Trust, in the NFL it's a must have. If you can't trust your teammates, what good are they? Go ask any current or former NFL player how big trust is in the lockerroom, on and even off the field. It might really be the 1st thing that is needed to have a successfull team. Carson needs to trust Levi to see a blitz and pick it up without being told, Justin Smith needs to trust the LBs behind him that they will make the play or do their job..get it?

Chris Henry has proven to be nothing short of totally untrustworthy. To stay out of trouble, to make a catch, to not be suspended or benched due to criminal acts. "Caring about football" is also grouped in here, Chris cares about himself ONLY, thats why he gets into trouble. He's not thinking about his team when he pulled out a gun, he wansn't thinking about his team when he screwed around with a underage girl. Chris can't even be trusted to put the team ahead of himself, yet "Chris Henry is great and Chad Johnson is a a**h***.." Who's the one always pimping his team?

People want to defend him no matter what the cost is the to the Bengals apparently. While you defend his actions and say he's a great talent he was riding the pine for 3 games last year. 3 games he could have had a big influence in. It's going to be even worse this year as the minimum length he'll get is 4 games, at most 8.

And YES, this traffic stuff is a BIG DEAL....Chris Henry getting his name in the paper again for bad behavior is NOT GOOD when you're scheduled to meet with the guy who's going to be deciding your future for the upcoming season. Godell has been face to face to with Henry a number of times and every time Godell warns him, Chris goes out and screws up. Nothing like giving the finger to the commish.

Chris will possibly have missed 7-11 games in 2 seasons and people still stick up for him? He's hurt this team more than he's helped it. He's hurt the team on the field and he's hurt the image of the team off the field. If celebration rules are the only rules Chad has an effect on, who gives a flying f.

"I want to hate Chad for acting like an idiot with TD dances, yet Chris Henry's actions off the field more more acceptable and defendable." God you look dumb.

Same thing goes with his #'s...simply put: More games played, better numbers. Chris has good numbers...imagine had he not been a dumbass what kind of number he could have put up. Even more TDs, even more yards.

It's obvious the kid is not going to ever get it, we're still hearing about his name more than year after he really started down this road. He dosen't listen to his coaches, he dosen't learn from the actions of others or himself. HE DOES NOT CARE.

Screw Chris Henry.

I hope they draft Greg Olsen to replace his dumbass.

(Oh..how much do you think Carson would love to have a 6-5 TE who...plays SIXTEEN games a season. A TE who Carson dosen't have to worry about getting into trouble, a TE who Carson can trust to make the catch at the big time. 6-5 is an inch taller than Henry and Carson loves Chris' height...don't think he would forget all about Chris with a taller more reliable TE?)

(And certainly Marvin practically cutting Chad's balls off had nothing to do with Chad not being mentally in many games, or Chad bitching about a new contract. I know if my boss wanted me to totally not be who I was at work and change, I would bitch about a pay raise as well....If my Art Director came up to me and said: "You know, I'd really like you to tone down the way you get youself excited and involved in this business, even though it really hurts no one. I also expect the same results with the same pay"...I know I'd have a problem. Even then Chad still delivered with a 4th straight reveiving crown.)

Chad is a whiney bitch? At least he's gonna play in 16 games a season barring an injury and god forbid if Chad went down WHILE Chris was suspended....

Chris Henry is a ***damn cancer to this team. Please though, continue sticking up for him.

Someone copy this and send it to that retard of a MB owner, GoBengals.

(Oh..how much do you think Carson would love to have a 6-5 TE who...plays SIXTEEN games a season. A TE who Carson dosen't have to worry about getting into trouble, a TE who Carson can trust to make the catch at the big time. 6-5 is an inch taller than Henry and Carson loves Chris' height...don't think he would forget all about Chris with a taller more reliable TE?)

Henry has already become arguably Carson's favorite red zone target (as evidenced by his 15 TDs in his two seasons). In our offensive scheme, I highly doubt Olsen would ever be as productive as Henry already has been behind two of the best receivers in the league.

On a similar note, why dump Henry with the intent to draft his replacement in the first round? Screw the offense, we already have had enough setbacks on the other side of the ball.

Henry has already become arguably Carson's favorite red zone target (as evidenced by his 15 TDs in his two seasons). In our offensive scheme, I highly doubt Olsen would ever be as productive as Henry already has been behind two of the best receivers in the league.

On a similar note, why dump Henry with the intent to draft his replacement in the first round? Screw the offense, we already have had enough setbacks on the other side of the ball.

Olsen showed that he was fast enough to be lined up as a WR at times, not a blazing runner, but he could be used in that role. The Bengals would obviously use Greg as a huge RZ threat, how can you not at 6-5? I'd like to see what kind of production Greg could give the Bengals before comparisons are made between the 2.

The Bengals would use a pass catching TE...if they had one. It's not like they have not considered taking guys like Miller, Fasano and Thomas. If they had taken Heath Miller that year (and they considered him), Chris Henry would not have been a Bengal. Henry - 15 Tds...Miller has 11 TDs in 2 seasons with Pitt and they hardly ever throw the ball, they have Holmes and Ward.....wonder what he could have done here or what the Bengals could do with a pass catching TE.....

I also don't believe there are as many "holes"on D as everyone seems to think there are. They need a SS who can develop behind dexter and become the starter. They have 2 shut-down CBs but need depth, they have a good start with some young developing LBs, if they get Landon back you can make a good starting 3. They certianly don't needs DEs. DT is the biggest need on the D.

TACKLING and Tory James were the problems for the defense in 2006, not injuries or suspensions like some want to believe.

TACKLING and Tory James were the problems for the defense in 2006, not injuries or suspensions like some want to believe.

I'd say the losses of Odell, Pollack, and Dexter contributed greatly to the tackling problem. Those three were arguably the three best non-lineman tacklers on the team before the season started.

Tory was a big problem, but I don't think his struggles were as harmful to the defense as the lack of continuity in the linebacking corps.

The Bengals would use a pass catching TE...if they had one.

That's the age old debate. I don't agree though.

I think your wrong, he does care about the team.

So why does his effort always come into question? You might be right, but I'm not so sure.

I fork out over a grand a year to go watch the team at PBS. And guess what? He isn't always out there because he gets in trouble. Hope he wasn't mad at me for mistreating him and that's why he pulled a gun in Florida, puked out of Odell's car and tried get some underaged stuff in KY. And I deny any involvement in the pot that he was carrying in his shoe.

You're right about dependability... he has NONE!. At times, his effort sucks. We might not even have him for a half of a season. That's my main argument against Henry. I honestly don't care what he does off the field as long as he's playing on Sundays... but if his dependability becomes a problem because of it, like it has, then I have a problem.

Are you KIDDING? Injury had a TON to do with our defense. It's why Lewis is keeping status quo because guys were hurt all season -- especially the younger guys.

The Bengals would use a pass catching TE...if they had one. It's not like they have not considered taking guys like Miller, Fasano and Thomas. If they had taken Heath Miller that year (and they considered him), Chris Henry would not have been a Bengal.

Frankly, so what? It's not much of an argument to claim that the Bengals might have gotten nearly as much production from a 1st round pick as they got from a 3rd rounder. A far better question, and a much tougher task, is to ask is if the Bengals could have gotten comparable production from any player selected in Henry's slot.

Anyone who still sticks up for Henry is completely clueless and uses horrible agruments to try and give their opinion some life.

Chris Henry cares about football more than Chad? Chris Henry was working out with TJ and Carson while Chad was signing autographs? Chris has good stats as a young player....

Who gives a flying f**k about that.

Money is also a big issue apparently for some people considering they don't write the players checks or even get a paycheck from the Bengals. You sound like an idiot whining about what Mike Brown does with his money...wah wah wah.

As for some hating on Chad and defending Henry...pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Trust, in the NFL it's a must have. If you can't trust your teammates, what good are they? Go ask any current or former NFL player how big trust is in the lockerroom, on and even off the field. It might really be the 1st thing that is needed to have a successfull team. Carson needs to trust Levi to see a blitz and pick it up without being told, Justin Smith needs to trust the LBs behind him that they will make the play or do their job..get it?

Chris Henry has proven to be nothing short of totally untrustworthy. To stay out of trouble, to make a catch, to not be suspended or benched due to criminal acts. "Caring about football" is also grouped in here, Chris cares about himself ONLY, thats why he gets into trouble. He's not thinking about his team when he pulled out a gun, he wansn't thinking about his team when he screwed around with a underage girl. Chris can't even be trusted to put the team ahead of himself, yet "Chris Henry is great and Chad Johnson is a a**h***.." Who's the one always pimping his team?

People want to defend him no matter what the cost is the to the Bengals apparently. While you defend his actions and say he's a great talent he was riding the pine for 3 games last year. 3 games he could have had a big influence in. It's going to be even worse this year as the minimum length he'll get is 4 games, at most 8.

And YES, this traffic stuff is a BIG DEAL....Chris Henry getting his name in the paper again for bad behavior is NOT GOOD when you're scheduled to meet with the guy who's going to be deciding your future for the upcoming season. Godell has been face to face to with Henry a number of times and every time Godell warns him, Chris goes out and screws up. Nothing like giving the finger to the commish.

Chris will possibly have missed 7-11 games in 2 seasons and people still stick up for him? He's hurt this team more than he's helped it. He's hurt the team on the field and he's hurt the image of the team off the field. If celebration rules are the only rules Chad has an effect on, who gives a flying f.

"I want to hate Chad for acting like an idiot with TD dances, yet Chris Henry's actions off the field more more acceptable and defendable." God you look dumb.

Same thing goes with his #'s...simply put: More games played, better numbers. Chris has good numbers...imagine had he not been a dumbass what kind of number he could have put up. Even more TDs, even more yards.

It's obvious the kid is not going to ever get it, we're still hearing about his name more than year after he really started down this road. He dosen't listen to his coaches, he dosen't learn from the actions of others or himself. HE DOES NOT CARE.

Screw Chris Henry.

(And certainly Marvin practically cutting Chad's balls off had nothing to do with Chad not being mentally in many games, or Chad bitching about a new contract. I know if my boss wanted me to totally not be who I was at work and change, I would bitch about a pay raise as well....If my Art Director came up to me and said: "You know, I'd really like you to tone down the way you get youself excited and involved in this business, even though it really hurts no one. I also expect the same results with the same pay"...I know I'd have a problem. Even then Chad still delivered with a 4th straight reveiving crown.)

Chad is a whiney bitch? At least he's gonna play in 16 games a season barring an injury and god forbid if Chad went down WHILE Chris was suspended....

Chris Henry is a ***damn cancer to this team. Please though, continue sticking up for him.

Someone copy this and send it to that retard of a MB owner, GoBengals.

I agree that lack of trust was a major issue on this team, especially on defense. If guys don't trust and believe in their teammates ability to get the job done it doesn't matter how much talent you have or how good the scheme is, your not going to be successful.

As for Henry, onced he pulled a loaded handgun on someone who he had gotten into it with the previous night on a crowded street in downtown Orlando while wearing his own jersey showed me what kind of character he has. I don't care who is around him or whatever excuse people want to use, at some point Henry has to be held responsible for his own actions. He might be a humble good natured kid around his teammates, but he can't seem to stay out of the back of police cars and he's shown that he doesn't really care if he's arrested or not.

Yes, Chris Henry can run fast and catch a football that his thrown in his direction at a high speeds, but he also has proven he can't abide by the laws of society. Imo his inability to not get arrested out-weighs whatever he does on the football field.

A far better question, and a much tougher task, is to ask is if the Bengals could have gotten comparable production from any player selected in Henry's slot.

If you look at the last 2 seasons, the answer is almost certainly no. However... if he gets suspended for the season, as some suspect, the answer is almost certainly yes.

His talent level exceeds the slot he was drafted in. There is no argument there... but if that talent is forced to the bench (similar to Odell), then there is a legitimate reason to complain about the "character risk" that went with the pick.

It's easy to look at the pick and say it was the wrong decision now. Frankly, I still think the pick was well worth the risk... because he's far better than anything else we could have gotten with that pick. But, we're beginning to see the "risk" aspect is of the "high risk/high reward" strategy.

It's easy to look at the pick and say it was the wrong decision now. Frankly, I still think the pick was well worth the risk... because he's far better than anything else we could have gotten with that pick. But, we're beginning to see the "risk" aspect is of the "high risk/high reward" strategy.

No doubt about it.

It's also important to note that the Bengals current status as the team most closely associated with the NFL's public relations campaign regarding character means the Bengals may have to overreact to what should be no more than a minor dustup over traffic infractions. Anyone claiming that those charges are serious is sorta stupid, but justified or not, Henry and the Bengals have no margin for error anymore.

No doubt about it.

It's also important to note that the Bengals current status as the team most closely associated with the NFL's public relations campaign regarding character means the Bengals may have to overreact to what should be no more than a minor dustup over traffic infractions. Anyone claiming that those charges are serious is sorta stupid, but justified or not, Henry and the Bengals have no margin for error anymore.

I agree that the charges are minor, but the fact that he is continually getting in trouble shows that there is a major problem with Chris Henry. He knows his license is suspended and he's not supposed to be driving, yes it is a minor offense but it's still the law and he's breaking the law by driving. And if you're driving illegally common sense would tell you to do whatever it takes to not draw attention to yourself, appareantly Henry doesn't have common sense.

I agree that the charges are minor, but the fact that he is continually getting in trouble shows that there is a major problem with Chris Henry. He knows his license is suspended and he's not supposed to be driving, yes it is a minor offense but it's still the law and he's breaking the law by driving. And if you're driving illegally common sense would tell you to do whatever it takes to not draw attention to yourself, appareantly Henry doesn't have common sense.

Minor problems don't become major issues unless someone is determined to make something big out of something little. Clearly Chris Henry has put himself in a position where other people are free to do just that without very much second guessing, and he has only himself to blame for that. I get that. But ask yourself what he did to draw attention to himself.

A turn-signal violation. That's the justification the police used for pulling Henry over, and that's where the argument begins for this being the so-called last straw.

Frankly, I'd say it's pretty hard to care that much if you didn't already want to.

Minor problems don't become major issues unless someone is determined to make something big out of something little. Clearly Chris Henry has put himself in a position where other people are free to do just that without very much second guessing, and he has only himself to blame for that. I get that. But ask yourself what he did to draw attention to himself.

A turn-signal violation. That's the justification the police used for pulling Henry over, and that's where the argument begins for this being the so-called last straw.

Frankly, I'd say it's pretty hard to care that much if you didn't already want to.

Well...being that Henry shouldn't have been driving in the first place because his license was suspended makes a minor thing like not using your turn signal into something more major. Now why was his license suspended, because he got in trouble for something else, see the pattern. The fact that there is a pattern of breaking laws, however minor they are, is a problem. Not saying I've never broken laws, because I have, but I'm not in the spotlight that Henry was in and if I was I would make sure I didn't constantly f**k up, unlike Henry.

With Henry it's like Chinese water torture a bunch of small things add up to one big thing, but actually pulling a gun on someone isn't small by any means. By that act alone he should be out of the NFL, imo. Call me what you will but the NFL doesn't need people who feel it's ok to pull guns on people while wearing their gameday jerseys, if Henry was any stupider he would have to wear a helmet off the field and his pimped out ride would be a short yellow bus.

From Curnutte's blog...

Henry: Meeting `went pretty good'

Chris Henry had his day in court this afternoon with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and came away feeling good about the experience.

“It went pretty good, to have the chance to meet the commissioner face to face,” Henry told The Enquirer of the meeting, a precursor to likely discipline for the wide receiver’s repeated legal brushes as an NFL player.

“I just wanted to explain my situation to the commissioner and move on. I told him I was learning from my mistakes and how to handle myself in a better manner.”

The wide perception is Goodell would suspend Henry for eight games to one whole season. Goodell said last week at the NFL annual meeting in Phoenix that he would announce his decision within 10 days of the meeting.

Henry and his former college teammate at West Virginia, Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones, met separately with Goodell.

“Whatever happens, happens,” Henry said. “I can’t predict what will happen, hopefully nothing.”

Henry was headed back to Cincinnati to participate in the Bengals’ offseason strength and conditioning program.

“The commissioner was wonderful,” said Marvin Frazier, Henry’s New Jersey-based agent. “Chris got his chance to answer questions. Chris apologized. He said he knew he had embarrassed himself, the Bengals, his coaches, the fans of Cincinnati and Kentucky.”

The meeting, held at an alternate site in New York, also was attended by two additional NFL officials and a representative of the NFL Players Association.

Henry and Jones are among the NFL’s repeat offenders and could be the first suspended under the league’s new personal conduct policy.

Henry was arrested four times from December 2005 through June 2006. Goodell suspended Henry for two games during the 2006 season.

Jones has had 10 encounters with police and was arrested five times since he was drafted in 2005, the same weekend as Henry.

The Bengals have no comment on Henry’s situation because it is a league matter. The league had no comment.

“The decision of a suspension would be announced as soon as possible, so the team could plan,” AFC Information Manager Steve Alic said.

Goodell talked at length last week about the need for a new conduct policy to curb the rash of off-field incidents involving players that could tarnish the league’s image.

“We're not trying to send a signal here, we're not trying to make an example of people,'' Goodell said in Phoenix. “We're trying to do what's necessary to protect the integrity of the (NFL). That's our objective.”

The meetings will give Goodell “more information, more facts so that I can make a better decision,” he said. “I look at this as a step in the process to make sure we're making the smart decision for the player, for the NFL and for the team.”