You know You are from Cincinnati When

I know this is not just a Bengals thread but it gives us all a second to laugh at our city.

You Know You are from Cincinnati when:

You think Ken Anderson, Isaac Curtis and Ken Riley should be in the Hall of Fame.

You thought at one time that David Fulcher was better then Ronnie Lott.

You think Tim Krumrie and Ross Browner should be considered for the Hall of Fame.

You know what positions Pete Johnson, Larry Kinnebrew, Harold Green and Eric Ball played.

Your idea of a three-way is chilli over spaghetti topped with cheddar

You know what Americana and Fantasy Farm is?

You remember Surf Cincinnati and Malibu Grand Prix.

You know what the cut in the hill is.

You dared not step a foot in Swifton Commons.

You remember Zantigo's or Taco Casa before Taco Bell.

You know where Chilli Time's is.

You are wondering where the UDF is when you go out of town.

You remember Snappy's Cicada Pizza.

You have heard of Camp Joy?

You know what goetta is - and you've eaten it

You hate Cleveland, but you don't know why, and you've never been there.

When you know that you are a bandwagon Ohio State fan.

You think Pete Rose and Marge Schott were railroaded

You say "Please?" instead of "Excuse me?"

You think Northern Kentucky is part of Ohio

You've been to California, Wyoming, Coney Island, and Over-the-Rhine in one day

There are less than 100 murders a year, and you still think you're in Detroit

You think Dayton is a Third World country

What groundhog? It's the St. Patrick's Day parade leprechaun that forecasts how much longer winter will last.

Losing football teams draw more fans than winning baseball teams.

Indiana is about 20 miles away, but it takes about four hours to get there.

It's too cold in the winter, and too hot and humid in the summer, to ever stay outside for very long.

You drive to Columbus or Louisville to avoid the prices at the Cincinnati airport.

City council members hold debates on whether or not they should debate in the first place.

Tourists still flock downtown to catch a glimpse of cast members from "WKRP," even though the show hasn't aired on network television since 1984, and the show was filmed in LA anyway.

You ask lifetime residents where the President Taft house is, but they don't know either.

If you do something -- anything -- in public long enough, sooner or later it will be banned.

Your low-fat diet is never low enough to exclude Graeter's ice cream.

You get through winter listening to Marty and Joe's broadcasts from the grapefruit leagues.

Big Red Smokies are a ballpark treat, not cause to dial 9-1-1.

If necessary, the city could easily be sliced into two new cities: East and West, and it would take 20 years for anyone to notice something happened.

Chocolate and cinnamon, not peppers and beans, are in your chili.

You can drive 30 minutes in any direction to hear a different accent than your own.

You can accurately judge people's social status by which Kroger's store they frequent.

You can go to any church festival in any neighborhood on any weekend and see at least five people you either work with, went to school with, or dated.

Even the slightest mention of former baseball commissioner A. Bartlett Giamatti makes your blood boil and your ears steam.

If the temperature hits 45 degrees, and the sun comes out in any month between November and April, people walk around downtown wearing shades and no jackets.

The top stories on the local 6 o'clock evening news look suspiciously like the articles you read in the newspaper that very morning -- and even use the same quotes.

Any carbonated beverage is a "POP."

Your favorite convenient store sounds like a labor union.

You can't hear the words "Mike Brown" without getting angry.

You honestly believe that Pete Rose should be in the Baseball Hall Fame.

You have more stadiums, coliseums, and arenas than you know what to do with.

It doesn't seem weird to you that everyone has an Uncle Al. You know who the original Uncle Al is.

Your favorite Coney Island isn't in New York.

You like Nick Clooney better than George Clooney.

You make friends depending on who they root for U.C. or Xavier.

You know how Jerry Springer got his start.

You know what a pony keg is.

You have friends and neighbors with names like Machenheimer, Guckenberger, Schlottman, Schoenling, and Schweitering.

You know that cars (like eggs) are cheaper in the country.

An all-boys or all-girls school doesn't seem that odd to you

You think a mixed marriage is when an East Sider marries a West Sider.

You know the difference between Hudy and "Who Dey."

You know what cream ale is, and you think that cream soda should be bright red.

You think Kentucky is only slightly more civilized than Afghanistan.

You know in which state the Greater Cincinnati Airport is located.

You actually understand the word, "CRAVE" and white castle burgers.

You can almost name the seven "hills" minus one or two.

Add your own to the list.

Great list JB21

I remember walking down to the Pony Keg on Robertson Ave in Oakley with my buddies,grabbing a case or 2(or 3) of Little Kings and heading to the railroad tracks behind Kenner's and getting sh!tfaced on those little green bastards. Ahh good times...good times :cheers:

POP > SODA :sure:

I love the cinnamon and chocolate thing about the chili. People from outside southwest Ohio look at you like you're nuts when you tell them about it.

And I used to think Dayton was the cesspool from hell, so I really liked that one as well. Of course, now I live in Toledo, and Dayton is head and shoulders better. Toledo is an abortion of a city filled with the biggest a-holes on the planet.

I love the cinnamon and chocolate thing about the chili. People from outside southwest Ohio look at you like you're nuts when you tell them about it.

And I used to think Dayton was the cesspool from hell, so I really liked that one as well. Of course, now I live in Toledo, and Dayton is head and shoulders better. Toledo is an abortion of a city filled with the biggest a-holes on the planet.

Try Cleveland, Toledo will seem like nirvana.

At least Cleveland has the Cavs, Browns, and Indians. To watch any type of pro sports other than minor league baseball and hockey teams, I have to drive to Detroit, Cincy, or Cleveland. To watch decent college football I have to drive to Columbus, South Bend, or (heaven forbid) Ann Arbor.

Toledo is the armpit of Ohio.

Great list JB21

I remember walking down to the Pony Keg on Robertson Ave in Oakley with my buddies,grabbing a case or 2(or 3) of Little Kings and heading to the railroad tracks behind Kenner's and getting sh!tfaced on those little green bastards. Ahh good times...good times :cheers:

POP > SODA :sure:

Thanks fellas I just wanted to send a list out that we can smile at I know we have been debating the Bengals so I wanted to give us something that we all agree on. JungleFanatic you are a true Cincinnatian, my Uncle used to work at the Kenner's and would bring me toys home all the time like all the Star Wars men and Knight Rider and stuff like that, it's funny that you mentioned that because people was mad as hell when it closed. Dayton people we love you as Bengal's fans but I had to get you back because I have heard a lot of you guys talk bad about the city of Cincinnati

I just forwarded this list to my mom. Apparently she was actually on the Uncle Al show and sang the theme song from Davy Crockett.

Hmm.

Ah yes, the Solid Rock Church. I always wanted to paint black stripes on it to make it look like a referee indicating a touchdown.