Ravens Get McGahee

coupdayta

But why should we worry about that when we have Rudi Johnson- a one dimensional back who completely limits our offense as long as he is our featured RB. Our offense will never reach its full potential with him as the starter. The way defenses can defend him so easily because he's no threat outside, and puts no pressure on the edges of the defense, no threat out of the backfield...But who cares, because he's a good guy and runs hard and is late to meetings and we love to chant Ruuu-diii! And besides, we hate that Corey Dillon guy...

There's a reason why he got traded.

I've never been very impressed by McGahee and that's especially true lately. But ignoring that for a moment, it strikes me odd that anyone would criticize the Bengals for doing nothing when they know this trade costs the Ravens two draft picks, and was dictated by the Ravens losing their starting RB. Plus, Jamal Lewis isn't the only free agent the Ravens have lost.

Or doesn't that matter?

But why should we worry about that when we have Rudi Johnson- a one dimensional back who completely limits our offense as long as he is our featured RB. Our offense will never reach its full potential with him as the starter. The way defenses can defend him so easily because he's no threat outside, and puts no pressure on the edges of the defense, no threat out of the backfield...But who cares, because he's a good guy and runs hard and is late to meetings and we love to chant Ruuu-diii! And besides, we hate that Corey Dillon guy...

Ahhh, a Joe Pong post.

Frankly, for my money there's nothing quite like an old-school type who prefers cloth diapers held up with safety pins. Props to Pong.

I've never been very impressed by McGahee and that's especially true lately. But ignoring that for a moment, it strikes me odd that anyone would criticize the Bengals for doing nothing when they know this trade costs the Ravens two draft picks, and was dictated by the Ravens losing their starting RB. Plus, Jamal Lewis isn't the only free agent the Ravens have lost.

Or doesn't that matter?

Three picks. (3rd and 7th this year, 3rd next year).

And no, it doesn't matter. We're all practiced Madden GMs.

Willis cashing in...from PFT...

POSTED 3:13 p.m. EST, March 8, 2007

McGAHEE DEAL: SEVEN YEARS, $40.12 MILLION

We're told that the Ravens and running back Willis McGahee are very close to agreeing on a seven-year deal worth $40.12 million.

As we previously explained, McGahee will receive $7.5 million to sign, an initial option bonus of $6 million, and a second option bonus of $1.5 million. The salaries are $595,000 in 2007, $605,000 in 2008, $620,000 in 2009, $3.6 million in 2010, $6.0 million in 2011, $6.5 million in 2012, and $7.2 million in 2013.

Since McGahee was due to earn $2.155 million in 2007, the deal is essentially a six-year extension worth $37.965 million.

If the Ravens cut McGahee before the back-end salaries kick in, he will earn a total of $20.42 million over four years.

Three picks. (3rd and 7th this year, 3rd next year).

Well that's just funny. I had caught the rumor on ESPN before heading to work and all they mentioned was a 3rd and a 7th. Throwing in another first day pick isn't a cheap price to pay for a RB who couldn't top 1000 yards last season, and has never averaged more than 4.0 in any season.

And for Pong, over the last three seasons Rudi has outrushed McGahee by 865 yards, has an average YPR of 4.06 compared to McGahee's 3.9, has outscored McGahee by 12 TD's, and has produced more runs longer than 20 yards every season.

haha rats, not a good trade.

They give up a pick (I think just one pick, as I think they SWAPPED 3rd and 7th round picks).

Now they have to re-sign him to a long term deal 4-5 years!

LOL, he is gonna want to get paid too.

Phil Savage was on a radio show this morning saying that trading for Mcgahee (which he was talking to the Bills about) would be "A marriage" LOL

It is a marriage, good luck with this guy Baltiwhore. :cheers:

Look I'm not an idiot. I understand the Bengals can't get anyone like Adalius Thomas this year and going after Joey Porter would've been a mistake. But, since we cut Simmons in an already weak LB core, we have to do SOMETHING. You can't tell me we're too close to the cap to at least pick up a role player to help solidify this defense.

haha rats, not a good trade.

They give up a pick (I think just one pick, as I think they SWAPPED 3rd and 7th round picks).

Now they have to re-sign him to a long term deal 4-5 years!

LOL, he is gonna want to get paid too.

Phil Savage was on a radio show this morning saying that trading for Mcgahee (which he was talking to the Bills about) would be "A marriage" LOL

It is a marriage, good luck with this guy Baltiwhore.

Willis is a significant upgrade over Lewis. He is a solid runningback who knows how to hit the whole without dancing behind the line ala Jamal Lewis. Plus he has the ability to hit a homerun everytime he touches the ball. Jamal went to jail and became a hesistant RB ever since. Droughns is the better RB in Cleveland.

Willis is a significant upgrade over Lewis. He is a solid runningback who knows how to hit the whole without dancing behind the line ala Jamal Lewis. Plus he has the ability to hit a homerun everytime he touches the ball.

McGahee had exactly four runs longer than 20 yards last season.

The season before?

Four.

Willis is a significant upgrade over Lewis. He is a solid runningback who knows how to hit the whole without dancing behind the line ala Jamal Lewis. Plus he has the ability to hit a homerun everytime he touches the ball. Jamal went to jail and became a hesistant RB ever since. Droughns is the better RB in Cleveland.

:lol: Willis is more over rated EVEN MORE SO, now that he is with the Ravens. Jamal Lewis went to jail with a totally blown up knee, and came out half way through training camp to join a team whose offensive line has been getting worse seemingly by the second.

MAN that's a high price to pay for a guy who's averaged 3.8 yards per carry in each of the last 2 seasons, and who is now being known for not even taking the time to study his own playbook.

Instead of trying to change RB's, they SHOULD be trying to get better linemen.

The reality of their situation isn't that the backs have been bad, but rather the line has gone south. Zeus is long gone, Bennie Anderson went to the Dolphins where he flopped and is now gone, Mulitelo was nearing the end and is now gone, Ogden isn't a pro-bowl left tackle anymore, Keydrick Vincent was said to have had a not-so-great year after coming over from the Steelers, and Pashos has moved on.

So they send 2 first-day selections off for a RB with very questionable character.

Bad move.

The "Dancer" had 1100 yards and 9 TD's last season on a blown up knee. With a year to recover, and a whole off season he should be fine.

While willis had under 1,000 yards and what 6 TD's???

you can say what you want about the Bills O-line versus the Rats O-line. In my opinion, the Ravens O-line is and was overrated this year, and will be for next year.

JMO