Offseason Prediction

DuffMan

Here's how i see it:

The Bengals are going to spend more than they want to bring back KK and Reggie Kelley, but in a sense they are irreplaceable to how the team is built (Kelley's blocking and KK's coverage/versatility/experience), thus concluding the first part of FA. RFAs will be back (i hope).

Porter will get disgusting $$$ somewhere else now that A. Thomas is going to the Pats for like $60mil.

The Bengals are gonna (well they should) sign Justin long-term, maybe rework Thorton, and then see what cuts happen leading up to the draft after this redonk FA market settles down.

Granted that means we are gonna get second-hand FAs...but what else is new? Im guessing old LB, limited DB, backup QB.

I'm gonna bet we see a repeat of the 2004 draft...as in "we are gonna go out and get players that can help us now"...translation: "we are gonna trade down and/or reach with every pick in order to fill our needs"

Our starting D Lineup next season is gonna be depressing...shocking i know.

And this is very depressing and why i hate the offseason cause this team never brings in anyone who could help or be a leader in some way, and if they lose kk and Kelly then this team is going to become even worse if they cant find anyone to bring in. Hey what else is new though it happens every year, but remember Marvin did say that the Def is going to be so much better, now that all our LB have less then 3 years expreince and not one of them ever speaks up to be a leader. Same old ways nothing is changing, and if it does i will be shocked very shocked.

Here's how i see it:

The Bengals are going to spend more than they want to bring back KK and Reggie Kelley, but in a sense they are irreplaceable to how the team is built (Kelley's blocking and KK's coverage/versatility/experience), thus concluding the first part of FA. RFAs will be back (i hope).

Porter will get disgusting $$$ somewhere else now that A. Thomas is going to the Pats for like $60mil.

The Bengals are gonna (well they should) sign Justin long-term, maybe rework Thorton, and then see what cuts happen leading up to the draft after this redonk FA market settles down.

Granted that means we are gonna get second-hand FAs...but what else is new? Im guessing old LB, limited DB, backup QB.

I'm gonna bet we see a repeat of the 2004 draft...as in "we are gonna go out and get players that can help us now"...translation: "we are gonna trade down and/or reach with every pick in order to fill our needs"

The Bengals are not going to be able to bring KK back too much money for what he is worth, they are going to bring Reggie Kelley back have absolutely no substitute for him. Who cares about Joey Porter he's not coming here and he's not on the Steelers so there you go. Justin is going to be signed long term. Bengals are going to claim that they saved money when everybody else is going to be out for when people get cut in June. We are not going to trade down in the draft, somebody that we covet is going to be sitting there for us. We are not going to bring in a free agent worth talking about, just a bunch of special team quality guys. We are going to get a potential week six starter int he first round of the draft, our first round pick will not be a day one starter. Basically we will be coming back with the same defensive starters we had last year minus Tory James, Marvin will preach continuity and how the good teams have played togather for years.

Our starting D Lineup next season is gonna be depressing...shocking i know.

Our starting D Lineup will be the same one that started last year.... get ready for season 2 with the same games.

Keep in mind, the team that had the "best" free agency haul last year was Cleveland. Not exactly a good barometer of success.

The loss of Steinbach looks bad at first glance, especially losing him to Cleveland. But, personally, I'm looking forward to seeing a more physical approach to the running game to go with our physical running back. If Cleveland employs a zone blocking scheme, they'll get the most out of Steinbach. We don't have that scheme and now we'll be able to plug in either Shrek or the Dancing Bear and plow away the first downs.

I remember past seasons fretting about missing out on guys like Warren Sapp, Troy Vincent, and Lavar Arrington. Besides Sapp, the other two seem washed up and on their way out. In other words, life goes on.

Marvin and Mikey have made some mistakes in the past, but they've also made some good moves. Dexter Jackson and Reggie Kelly are two good free agents that we've picked up that certainly improved this team. Also, we're always in for at least one surprising move, so stay tuned.

Who-dey.