Baseless Rumor of the Night

EdwardG

I was on the BengalsInsider message board and some guy is saying that Dillon was traded to the Patriots. Now, there is absolutely nothing reported of substance, but the guy seems pretty sure of himself, and he claims the deal is done.

Now, I don't usually post baseless rumors started on message boards, but I have a huge paper due on Tuesday, so of course I am spending my time playing on the internet.

ill believe it when i see it on bengals.com or espn.com...those are the only 2 places that are reliable. Cuz as you know, len pasquerelli is like jesus with football.

No question. But I am always fascinated by people with "insider knowledge." Usually they crop up on college websites, as just about everyone who's been to college thinks they have some sort of insider knowledge. But the pro wannabe insiders are much more rare.

Naw it would break the bank.

If a Dillon-Patriots deal goes down it'll probably be more like a swap for #80 and #63. I can't see Bellichick turning loose his first four picks. They need a RB, OL, and a big hoss to fit with Traylor in the 3-4. Plus another LB in the wings and a CB when they cut Law loose.

I doubt any Dillon trade rumors until after Monday's hearing concerning Mike Williams, and Maurice Clarett.

* Teams already know Clarett's value, and for those select teams that have enough talent to take a runningback late on day 1 thinking Clarett will be available, might make a run on Dillon after finding out that this years' runningback class just got weaker if Clarett isn't allowed to play in the NFL.

Mike Brown should give up hope that some other NFL Team wants Cancer....*cough*....Corey for a 2nd rounder.

Give it up, Mikey Boy--nobody's going that high.

Get rid of him while you have the chance.

I could see a deal with the Patriots--but you guys are dreaming if you think they're landing Law. Ty Law is wayyyyyyy too expensive for Mikey's pocketbook.

Dillon for Law straight up??? You guys are on crackola.

Supposedly there is a press conference for the Bengals today at 11:30. Hmmmmm.

No hint as to what will be said etc etc..?? Hopefully it' will be about Dennis Weathersby and his condition. Marvin and Co. need to address his health to the fans etc. etc.

Ed, Let's see if we can't search the Rumor mills' of Profootball talk,GBNReport.com, Draftx, CbsSportsline, to see if we can't find out what it could be about .. :D:D

BengalsInsider says it is for Marvin Lewis to "talk about" the draft. That seems kind of weird though.

Reporter: Who are you looking at with the 24th pick?

ML: We are looking for a player who can help the team.

Reporter: Could we see you trade?

ML: We have been in discussions with several teams, but we are satisfied with where we pick.

Do they need a press conference for that?

I was on the BengalsInsider message board and some guy is saying that Dillon was traded to the Patriots. Now, there is absolutely nothing reported of substance, but the guy seems pretty sure of himself, and he claims the deal is done.

Now, I don't usually post baseless rumors started on message boards, but I have a huge paper due on Tuesday, so of course I am spending my time playing on the internet.

Loving your source !!! So ask what's to be expected before Saturday as far as another deal going down !!!

Gimme Hall, Gimme Wilfork, gimme a beer to celebrate !!!

WHODEY !!!

Nice dectective work EdwardG - you were absolutely spot on with this one.

Now what are the Lottery numbers going to be ???

Somebody gets an A+ for sniffing this one out. I was surprised but happy that they got a 2nd rounder. I wonder if there was a bidding war between NE and maybe Dallas or Oakland that drove the price up. Awsome job by Marvin on this one!!!

good call EdwardG