Chad Johnson's Celebration ???

ArmyBengal

Has anyone heard anything else about what happened with the recommendations for his celebration ?? The subject came and went with no other information. I was just curious as nothing else has been said in reference this. Hoping for some fan involvement on his part !!

WHODEY !!! :D

when you score a td calmly hand the ball to the ref and act like scoring is no big deal,

Should the fans just sit in their seats and give polite applause and comments of "well played that man" or "nice score No. 85 ". ??

Hell NO! Gridiron is about passion - from the players as well as the fans - heck, as a spectator I'd be jumping about and cheering my arse off, and I'm damn sure that if I was a player that scored a TD I'd be quite please about it! I don't think a celebration after a score is disrespectful at all.

As long as the celebrations don't incur the 15yd penalty then I'm all for some signature/trademark celebration.

I'd suggest something that would involve a couple of cheerleaders, the wearing of something leather, an ordinary household electric appliance and 10 meters of garden hose pipe.... but then I've been on 20 year old malt for 3 hours so I would wouldn't I.

I'd suggest something that would involve a couple of cheerleaders, the wearing of something leather, an ordinary household electric appliance and 10 meters of garden hose pipe.... but then I've been on 20 year old malt for 3 hours so I would wouldn't I.

What kind of Scotch Whiskey are YOU drinking!?! I wanna see that MYSELF!!! :lol:

I don't think I've ever been prouder to have an opinion expressed on this site.

That's just .................... Beautiful !

And break out the bottle and 3 glasses.

I'd like to see Chad adopt something unique on the sidelines, as Ickey did with the "Ickey Shuffle"!! Hell, even Nascar drivers like Darrell Waltrip did the Ickey Shuffle and spiked his helmet after a win!! It transended sports genres!! :player:

plz dont speak of nascar in the bengals forum, that belongs in the crap forum known as nascar, or it can be discussed in the smack forums =)

Sorry bro...it was in the same sentence, therefore it counts as legal! :P

Screw that. Tds dont happen every play and when you do score be freaking happy about it. Chad has something called charisma. He makes the fans smile (the majority of them) and laugh. He gets people amped. so why would he just toss the ref the ball and act as if nothing happened. In the game of football you need momentum. nothing builds momentum like a big score and your team and fans getting amped.

chad needs to act like he's been in the enzone before. his celebration should be handing the ball to the ref and acting like that's what he expected to happen every time he has the ball.

1. How f**king boring... Seek employment from the No Fun League

2. I guess no one has heard anything...

3. ScottishBengal for President !!!

WHODEY !!!

Screw that. Tds dont happen every play and when you do score be freaking happy about it. Chad has something called charisma. He makes the fans smile (the majority of them) and laugh. He gets people amped. so why would he just toss the ref the ball and act as if nothing happened. In the game of football you need momentum. nothing builds momentum like a big score and your team and fans getting amped.

Yeah...ditto

You guys ever play NFL Blitz? Well there was a TD celebration where the dude does a human propellor and spins round and round til he got dizzy and fell spread out in the endzone....thats what I think he should do...

Well there was a TD celebration where the dude does a human propellor and spins round and round til he got dizzy and fell spread out in the endzone....thats what I think he should do...

Not if it brings a 15 yard penalty!! I could give a s**t WHAT he does as long as he doesn't incur this infraction on the team. That's why I recommend he do something akin to what Ickey Woods did after his touchdowns. People simply went WILD on his sideline shuffle!!

Bottom line...you don't penalize your team just so you can look cool. And by the way, no one was cooler than Walter "Sweetness" Peyton of the Chicago Bears...and he just flipped the ball to the ref like he was saying "see you again soon!"

Spike the ball, then go celebrate with YOUR TEAMMATES on the sidelines, instead of making a total ass of yourself.

What he said. If you bring even one 15 yard penalty against the team, it flat ain't worth it. God...I can't believe I'm agreeing with Barbarian on something! :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...