J.Smith/J.Thorton/D.Gardner/?

ntpou

DE J.Smith 6'4 270

DT J.Thorton 6'2 295

DT D.Gardner 6'6 320

??????????? M.Hill 6'7 315 (I know Bi-polar) But look at our size

We need some big bodies on the DL to help with the RUSH DEF. We are starting to get there but I think we need another DL in the 1st round :player:

all i know is i hope you don't go crying in a corner hating the bengals for not drafting a DE in the 1st round, because it seems to be hte only thing u can talk about. I honestly really don't care who we draft, beause we really aren't getting a big impact player at that point in the draft, so he's really just going to pencil in a starting position or be a back up for a couple years, pretty much along with all our picks, unless were damn lucky and one turns out to be amazing.

i like this guy.  and ill say it again, we are going best available, and it wont be a dl.

That's disappointing because that's another high priced backup. From my understanding, the secondary and linebackers are all set in terms of starters; rather the DL is still problematic. I agree with the philosophy of picking up the best player available to an extent, but at some point in time you have to pick up a need and we need DL.

I also understand you pick up a guy in the draft as the best available (from the teams discretion) and develop him, or groom him, for the future; but why can't you do that for a DL?

So in other words we should get S.Jackson to play behind R.Johnson. I know you didn't watch the games last year when we were run over time & time again. Or why we didn't make the playoffs averaging over 20pts a game. You and your ideas are WACKED ( turning point). We need to run and be able to stop the run in order to move to the next level. I hope we don't pick someone who is going to help us next year. I love what Marvin has done so far. The next thing is to address the DL. I know we 'll get J.Grove in the 2nd. I would like to see a DL taken in the 1st or 2nd round.

Peace out

all i know is i hope you don't go crying in a corner hating the bengals for not drafting a DE in the 1st round, because it seems to be hte only thing u can talk about. I honestly really don't care who we draft, beause we really aren't getting a big impact player at that point in the draft, so he's really just going to pencil in a starting position or be a back up for a couple years, pretty much along with all our picks, unless were damn lucky and one turns out to be amazing.

First of all, you might want to go back through the posts on this forum since the beginning of the year before you claim all we care about is DE. MLB, CB, TE, C, and S have all been widely discussed, and there are even fans of RB and WR. DE is the consensus choice right now because it's the only position that hasn't been addressed (or, in Gardener's case, allegedly addressed) in FA. Personally, I'd rank my "wish list" like this:

1. DE/CB. It depends who is on the board at 24. If Odom is gone, there won't be a DE that fits the pick's value. In that case I look at CB. I could see Will Poole at this spot, and he would definitely have an impact on our secondary. (And if Hall or Robinson slips this far, even if Odom is still on the board, I think I go corner, too. Gamble...Gamble I'm not sure about. Odom vs. Gamble would be a hard call. I think I take Odom there, tho.)

2. DT. Listed second only because there's a crap load of good DTs in the this draft and we can get one in the second, or even third, who should start in the rotation this year. If there's been a run on DTs earlier in the first (i.e. Starks is gone) I move on and wait for later rounds.

3. TE. We need a complete TE and impact talent like Troupe should still be available. The more I look at the mocks as we get closer to the draft the more I wonder if this isn't the position the Bengals were targeting when they moved down. A guy who could catch and block would have two big benefits irrespective of his play: we would cease signalling the other team what we were going to do, and we coul free up a couple roster spots.

i think we will address the DL but not till round 2 and later...in round 1 i believe we will not take a DL unless one of the top 4 drop, which i doubt, cuz the rest are equal in my book and will be around in round 2. no point in wasting a first on a DL that we can get equal value in round 2.

Personally I think we could possibly still address some of the weaker areas off of waivers and use the draft to build for next/future seasons.