chad johnson and alcohol

onebadrottie

I doubt it's health reasons, given his steady diet of McDonalds.

Maybe he's just a lot smarter than we tend to give him credit for. He knows others are counting on him... and you never know. Maybe alcoholism runs in his family. I've got a friend who won't touch the stuff because it runs in both sides of his family. People who are smart enough to stay away from alcohol when they know they could be prone to abuse it deserve some credit in my opinion.

I'm not a big Chad praiser, and think he's a little over the top if he's not getting his way... but I'll sing his praises on this one. I have no problem with alcohol, and enjoy a drink myself from time to time, but to maturity to stay away from it on principle the way he does, when it is clear the rest of the locker-room doesn't share his standard is pretty praiseworthy in my opinion.

When i was in college i knew this tiny little korean dude that was allergic to alcohol. The funny thing was, he was a borderline alcoholic. We always knew how drunk he was by how red his skin had gotten. At the tiem, it was always hilarious, but that might have had something to do with me being drunk too.

its the asian glow. my friend gets it too when he drinks.

This really exists :huh::lmao:

Yeah, this exists. It is not an allergy to alcohol. It is that some asians have genetically lower activity or deficiency of alcohol dehydrogenase, the enzyme that breaks down alcohol. One of the by-products of this blocked reaction causes flushing, or red skin.

its the same thing with weed or coke or other drugs..some people will drink their tails off but wont touch drugs..some people use drugs and hate alcohol.

I remember thinking in high school, alcohol tasted like ***; however, slowly but surely after attending the great school in good ol' Oxford, OH I discovered how much I liked it.

Its an acquired taste. Just like coffee is with some people. Maybe he just doesnt like how it tastes or how it makes him feel (I have a friend that has so much anxiety he cant handle not being in control of his "buzz")

To each his own..I respect that about Ocho.

Which reminds me of a great quote from Dean Martin: I feel sorry for people who dont drink. When they wake up, thats as good as they're going to feel all day

hilarious quote.

its the same thing with weed or coke or other drugs..some people will drink their tails off but wont touch drugs..some people use drugs and hate alcohol.

I remember thinking in high school, alcohol tasted like ***; however, slowly but surely after attending the great school in good ol' Oxford, OH I discovered how much I liked it.

Its an acquired taste. Just like coffee is with some people. Maybe he just doesnt like how it tastes or how it makes him feel (I have a friend that has so much anxiety he cant handle not being in control of his "buzz")

To each his own..I respect that about Ocho.

Which reminds me of a great quote from Dean Martin: I feel sorry for people who dont drink. When they wake up, thats as good as they're going to feel all day

hilarious quote.

Err this post screams "future AAA member." :)

well good for him if you ask me, I'm against drinking in the first place.

"Never trust a man who doesn't drink." - W.C. Fields

14949775-0-m.jpg

I don't know much about W.C. Fields but the above quote of his is right on. I know a lot has been said about how teetotaler presidents shouldn't be trusted and I think our current situation clearly supports that truism. I guess I can see someone who's a teetotaler because he or she had horrbile problems with the bottle but what other excuse is there for abstaining? Don't like the taste? Man, were you never a teenager? No excuse.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that some people really should not drink, and the rate at which abusers drink and hurt themselves and others can be scary. An alcoholic should lay off. But for someone who doesn't have some obsessive predisposition to abuse alcohol a little hooch now and then is not just enjoyable but fundamental to an even-keeled mind, body and soul.

I think my next post will be a list of all the wet versus dry world leaders and we all should be able to draw some proper conclusions. This I know: Hitler and Mussolini were teetotaler prudes to be sure, and there is no great American novelist who abstained.

Alcoholism runs in my family, I will never drink. I did for about two years and I started to get pretty bad, I only did it because my friends did it when i was 16 and 17, I never really liked the taste, but I gave it up cold turkey. Will never drink. And I've never done drugs either. I don't need to get drunk or high to have a good time.

I think its good that Chad realizes that he has a good image with his fans and a lot of kids think of him as a role model and he wouldn't do anything regarding drugs/alcohol to mess that up.

well good for him if you ask me, I'm against drinking in the first place.

"Never trust a man who doesn't drink." - W.C. Fields

14949775-0-m.jpg

I don't know much about W.C. Fields but the above quote of his is right on. I know a lot has been said about how teetotaler presidents shouldn't be trusted and I think our current situation clearly supports that truism. I guess I can see someone who's a teetotaler because he or she had horrbile problems with the bottle but what other excuse is there for abstaining? Don't like the taste? Man, were you never a teenager? No excuse.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that some people really should not drink, and the rate at which abusers drink and hurt themselves and others can be scary. An alcoholic should lay off. But for someone who doesn't have some obsessive predisposition to abuse alcohol a little hooch now and then is not just enjoyable but fundamental to an even-keeled mind, body and soul.

I think my next post will be a list of all the wet versus dry world leaders and we all should be able to draw some proper conclusions. This I know: Hitler and Mussolini were teetotaler prudes to be sure, and there is no great American novelist who abstained.

Mussolini I dont know about, but a recent History channel show about Hitler's short lived pact with Stalin showed original footage of him drinking wine with Stalin. One of the teenage Russian servers on the train verified this occurrance. Him being able to abstaine from drink/sex/cursing were all Nazi PR to make him look like a much stronger willed individual than he actually was.

I was a rather heavy drinker from 18 to untill I turned 30 (drunk 4-5 times a week), I have on average 1-2 beers a year since. (I like a beer with Mexican food) Since I left my partying ways behind me the world is a much better place and I am a much better person. I would challenge anyone that drinks to get drunk more than occasionally, to give it up for 30 days and see for themselves how much more time, money and energy that they have because of it.

I am in no way telling people not to drink, that is there own decision, unless under the age of 18. I know that drinking was holding me back in life and I definitely do not need alcohol to make me have an even-keelled mind, body and soul.