Dillon Trade To Move Back Up in First Round?

blaynero

Just a thought. What if the Bengals trade Dillon so they can move back up in the first round? Would that be a terrible trade? I don't think so because there has been no activity elsewhere. For someone who wants a number one back, that would be a steal for them and a relief for us. Just wanted to know what everyone else thought.

Just a thought. What if the Bengals trade Dillon so they can move back up in the first round? Would that be a terrible trade? I don't think so because there has been no activity elsewhere. For someone who wants a number one back, that would be a steal for them and a relief for us. Just wanted to know what everyone else thought.

Blaynero, what you just stated would be the best possible thing that could happen in our "Dillon Dillema"! And I for one wouldn't be surprised to see Marvin make it happen! B)

Well, assuming that they aren't just blowing smoke when they say that there's no big standout among players at 17-30, they'd have to move up higher than 17, and I'm not sure Dillon + the 24th would get us there. The other question is, who would do it? The most likely candidates for CD's services are Dallas and N.E., and they're both ahead of us now.

I think our best hope is that the Broncos did indeed move up to grab Jackson or Kevin Jones. That puts the squeeze on Dallas and N.E.: one of them is going to have to "settle" for an RB later in the draft -- or swing a deal for CD. That might produce a third for CD, especially if the "odd team out" in the draft RB sweepstakes is N.E.

Actually I'm leaning more now after the O'Neal trade that Kitna , and Dillon will be gone within the next 2 weeks. There's been too much talk going on between teams trying to move up and down etc etc. Sparked mainly by the Deal we just Swung, so Kitnas' restructuring could come any day now, and a last minute Deal for Dillon now appears imminent.

I'd like to see Starks or Wilfork available at 22(Dallas). Trade Dillon to move ahead of Seattle.

Seattle needs DT.

Denver may pick Jackson at 17

New England could pick Jones at 21 leaving Dallas with no viable RB at 22 and willing to trade for Dillon.

CHRIS...you may be right; kitna is a great fit here, however it's better to have matthews and let palmer get it on. as much as i like and appreciate kit; it's time to turn the corner. there still are teams out there looking for qb's, and if kit goes i wish him an even better season than last year. as for piss ass, too bad we can't assign him to nfl europe. anything we get will be better then he.

Well it is looking that teams are being aggressive towards landing a runningback in the draft. Denver moved up !, doesn't actually mean that they are thinking runningback, but it will play on the Cowboys/Patriots/ and any of the teams that were hoping to land one of the top backs early 2nd round.

* If Dillon hasn't been traded before the draft, then It's very possible that He will be on draft day.

*** Wouldn't it be funny if that first mock i made ( Dillon to N.E. for 32nd pick) worked out ha ha :lol::D:lol: .

It'd be more than great. It'd be an absolute coup. The Pats won the whole ball of wax with Antowain Smith so Bellichik has to be slobbering much more at the chance to get Dillon than he woud be to get Jackson, either Jones, or Perry. They did re-sign Kevin Faulk, though, and their game is definitely the small speed receivers and decent tight ends.

How's this one sound? The Bengals trade Dillon, their first round pick and one or two of their extra picks this year to the Raiders for the No. 2 pick overall.

The Bengals would then select one of the following defensive players: Will Smith from OSU, Sean Taylor from Miami or Udeze from USC.

I do not believe they are done and while this scenario might seem out there, I don't think they will stay at 24. I look for them to try to get into the top 10.

That'd be more than a coup. I can't see Al doing that unless it was Dillon AND Kitna AND Warrick. But that would probably blow their cap big time.

If it did happen or some other deal that got the Bengals in the top 6 or 7, it would have to be Udeze. He's the biggest impact D player in the draft.

um, if they get top 6-7 they better get taylor or a WR like williams or williams:) or gallery if he fell. But taking udeze at 6-7 would be crazy, u could get him at say 12-14.

Actually an imminent trade between the Raiders and Redskins is on the horizon.

According to Espn's John Clayton. The Redskins have offered Chris Samuels' and the 5th overall pick to the Raiders for the 2nd overall pick.

It hasn't been finalized yet, but it's a good offer, one that the Raiders like because the feel that they could get a LT and one of the elite receivers by only moving a few spots. The Redskins would inturn take Robert Gallery and Cleveland has been rumored to take part in this deal in some form or fashion as well.

If that means Al and Norv will keep swapping down the board to pick up another player like Samuels from the Browns, then maybe the Bengals could really be in line to swap 24 and Dillon for #8 and get Udeze or Wilfork. I just can't see the Raiders passing on one of the top three QBs. Tuisasospo looked efficient enough until he broke his leg but h hardle struck me as the leader of the silver & Black for the future.

It's gonna' take more than Dillon and the # 24 pick to move into the top 10.

Remember last week, the rumors surrounding the Patriots and Lions saw the Pats sending both # 1s' #21 and #32 plus a 2nd rounder just to get to the Lions # 6. - The rumors were related as being false, but I don't doubt that N.E. would like to move up especially now that Denver poses a risk to their running back situation.

I'm still hoping that Dallas, and N.E. come a calling for Dillon. N.E. has picks to burn, a 2nd rounder isn't going to hurt them one bit.

btw why trade up when, jake grove will most likely still be on the board? I'm we have a 34 year old center, who was a last option because really no1 else was available. draft jake grove, have brahm mentor him, and he's starting by game 6, to lead dillon or rudi to a dominate running season and palmer having the time to hit cj and warrick.

now there is one downside to this and i bet someone noticed it right away, the whole rookie to pretty much rookie qb snap situation, might lead to many fumbles, but jake grove just loks like a franchise center that is too good to pass up for the fear of fumbles.

How's this one sound? The Bengals trade Dillon, their first round pick and one or two of their extra picks this year to the Raiders for the No. 2 pick overall.

The Bengals would then select one of the following defensive players: Will Smith from OSU, Sean Taylor from Miami or Udeze from USC.

I do not believe they are done and while this scenario might seem out there, I don't think they will stay at 24. I look for them to try to get into the top 10.

yo man, no offense, but thats slightly retarded.....If we cant get a second rounder for him, what makes you think we can move up 22 spots, when Denver gave us a first round CB and a fourth rounder to only move up six spaces?

How's this one sound?   The Bengals trade Dillon, their first round pick and one or two of their extra picks this year to the Raiders for the No. 2 pick overall. 

The Bengals would then select one of the following defensive players:  Will Smith from OSU, Sean Taylor from Miami or Udeze from USC.

I do not believe they are done and while this scenario might seem out there, I don't think they will stay at 24.  I look for them to try to get into the top 10.

yo man, no offense, but thats slightly retarded.....If we cant get a second rounder for him, what makes you think we can move up 22 spots, when Denver gave us a first round CB and a fourth rounder to only move up six spaces?

I said it was out there! I just get a feeling that there is more going on with those two teams than just Dillon for a third or fourth rounder. Whether it is the Raiders or someone else in the top 10 or 12, I believe that Marvin is looking to move up and get a game changer not just someone to plug a hole. That's why I keep thinking Sean Taylor at safety. He could be what David Fulcher was to the Sam Wyche teams.

BTW...you being on here at 2AM ain't exactly right either! :P

Who needs Taylor when you got Kaesviharn. He could be what Tommy Cassanova was to Homer Rice and Bill "Tiger" Johnson teams.

Seriously, Taylor would be great and might around as late as #15.

There should be no shortage of teams to want Dillon despite his disgruntled nature and mush mouth. I would think the Falcons would want him since WR is deep in the draft this year. Give Vick some supporting cast and they got a shot.

I really dont think Coach Lewis wants to move up....I think staying where he is and not having to break the bank on a rookie is something that we havent been able to do in a long time....I think the hardest thing this year is waiting a couple of hours until we finally get our shot....