Week 12: Fins in Town?

HoosierCat

Found this on the profootballtalk.com site:

MIAMI SCHEDULE LEAKED?

One of our readers forwarded to us a Miami Dolphins schedule for 2004 that apparently was leaked by one of the team's players.  We don't know whether it's the real thing, but it looks legit.

The official schedule will be released next week.  For now, here's when and where the Dolphins might be playing:

Week 1 Browns @ Fins

Week 2 Fins @ Bills

Week 3 Fins @ Ravens

Week 4 Cardinals @ Fins

Week 5 Fins @ Patriots (Sunday night)

Week 6 Bye

Week 7 Jets @ Fins

Week 8 Titans @ Fins

Week 9 Fins @ Seahawks (Monday night)

Week 10 Fins @ 49ers

Week 11 Rams @ Fins (Sunday night)

Week 12 Fins @ Bengals

Week 13 Fins @ Jets

Week 14 Bills @ Fins

Week 15 Fins @ Broncos (Monday night)

Week 16 Steelers @ Fins

Week 17 Patriots @ Fins

Coming off a night game, into Cincy, with a big division game the next week (and another the next), and the Fins usually choke later in the season...yeah, I'll take that. ;)

Jditty, They have marketable players like Seau,Ricky Williams,Zach Thomas,etc.. - The only real marketable face we have is Chad Johnson, the other (Corey) wants' out of town.

Does anyone know our schedule yet...?? Monday night..? Sunday Night..??

Love having the Fins come here in late November though.... If that schedule is accurate, chalk up wins for us with hot teams playing in our cold weather. :rolleyes:

they have marketable players that choke year in, year out. They didnt even make the playoffs last year or win their division. How do they get 4 major tv games???

I could understand one, two is a stretch...FOUR is absolutely assinine. C'mon fella's...share the airtime a little will ya! :angry:

Why do they get so many nationally televised games? I dunno about all 4, but I can tell you why (assuming this sked isn't bogus) they have national exposure in weeks 5 and 9.

Check the calender. October starts on a Friday, meaning there are 5 Sundays in October this year (Sunday the 31st, week 9, being Halloween). So the Dolphins play on October 5th and November 1st to a prime-time audience.

A prime-time audience whose greatest concentration of viewers will be in Florida.

A prime time audience (including the aforementioned Floridians) that on November 2nd will be voting for the next President of the United States.

How much do you think ESPN and ABC will be able to charge Bush and Kerry for ads on those nights? If you answered: anything they damn well please, you're right. In fact, I would not be surprised if they basically sold halftime on the Nov. 1 game in equal chunks for each candidate to make their last appeal.

Betcha a train car full of WMD's that Jacksonville has at least one prime-time game in weeks 6-8, too.

(Note that Ohio is also supposed to be a big battleground state this November. Don't be surprised if we get a prime-time tilt in October against the Browns!)

How much do you think ESPN and ABC will be able to charge Bush and Kerry for ads on those nights? If you answered: anything they damn well please, you're right. In fact, I would not be surprised if they basically sold halftime on the Nov. 1 game in equal chunks for each candidate to make their last appeal.

Betcha a train car full of WMD's that Jacksonville has at least one prime-time game in weeks 6-8, too.

Good point Joisey. I never even considered that aspect. Again...things boil down to money. <_<