Bengals Dissed Again!

HoosierCat

First time ever being "dissed" is good, but I don't see how Klingler isn't on it! He should be at the top of the list!! :blink:

Klingler at the top?!?! C'mon, BB, Klingler was Joe Montana compared to Acrappy Smith. Dave had a lofty career QB rating of 66, way ahead of Acrappy's 53. Heck, even Boyer's No. 2 QB, Shuler, had a better rating (54) than Acrappy. If you ask me, Acrappy even beats out Leaf for the No. 1 slot:

Acrappy: 22 games, 5 TDs/13 INTs, 47% completion %, 53 career rating.

Klingler: 33 games, 16 TDs/22 INTs, 54% completion %, 66 career rating.

Shuler: 29 games, 15 TDs/33 INTs, 49% completion rating, 54 career rating.

Leaf: 25 games, 14 TDs/36 INTs, 48% completion %, 50 career rating.

To appear in 22 games with that pathetic a result...I mean, yeah, the other guys sucked but at least you could count on them for a TD ever other game or so...Acrappy might luck into one once a month!

Katie ought to just hang a picture of Acrappy up in her office & every time daddy has a suggestion, she should just point to it. B)

All time busts bengals team..

----------starters----------------------backups------------------------------

qbs. - - A.Smith -------------------- Klingler -------------------------------

rbs. ----- K. Carter ------------------ J.Cothran ---------------------------

wrs. ---- R. Rembert ---------------- J. Hundon ---------------------------

te. ----- - M. Battaglia -------------- S. Brewer ---------------------------

OL ------- R. Jones ------------------ Rod Payne --------------------------

Defense

DE --------- J. Buck ------------------- S. Mcklendon ---------------------

Dt ---------- D.Wilkinson ------------ J. Copeland -----------------------

LB ------ E. King--------- J.Kelly ------------------ K. Walker-------------

CB ---------- C. Fisher ---------------- A. Hawkins -----------------------

S ----- ----- M. Roman --------------- - R. Dixon -------------------------

just a rough list, but I"m sure we could actually come up with an actual 53 man list, practice squad, and special teamers all since ' 91.

just a rough list, but I"m sure we could actually come up with an actual 53 man list, practice squad, and special teamers all since ' 91.

Not a bad job...it is a depressingly easy list to make, isn't it? I can think of two more names off the top of my head: Reinard "hey, I was good in my contract year" Wilson, and James "mailin' it in" Francis.

Keeps one's enthusiasm for the draft tempered, doesn't it?

Defense

The only reason Carter was a bust was because he blew out his knee. He had GREAT potential and did decently prior to the injury. There was nothing wrong with Cothran, he was a fullback and all he did was block. Lorenzo Neil makes a pro-bowl living doing that. Battaglia was a moose, and would have been great if we had just had a QB and an offense that used the TE.

What's wrong with Rod Jones? He's doing well... ELSEWHERE.

As far as Copeland, he was a highlight on this team.

You sir, are an idiot!

If you ask me, Acrappy even beats out Leaf for the No. 1 slot:

Wait I thought Akili was going to take over for Favre when he retires....Oh, I forgot, April Fools was last week.

If we make the deal with Ditka in '99 and even if 7 of the 8 draft picks don't pan out, at least one of the eight would've been better than him. The bad part is that I'll bet that most other teams didn't have him rated as the third player overall and we still could have got him later if we make that trade.

For the veterans in the crowd I'd like to submit the names of

Kirby Criswell-LB

and

Freddie Childress-G

Criswell was taken in the 2nd round (31) in 1980 behind Munoz. He was a LB from Kansas and was a big talker with a mohawk. He was alot like Brian Bosworth. He was cut by Forrest Gregg during camp.

Childress was the second 2nd round (55) pick in 1989 for the Bengals that year (They traded down and got Eric Ball early in the second round). Max Montoya had left for Oakland via free agency and Freddie was penciled in to take his place. He weighed about 340 and his nickname was "the Road Grater". Everyone figured that Jim McNally would make him into another Munoz. He too was cut during camp.

These guys weren't first round flops but they were close.

Defense

i dont think its fair to call Ki Jana a bust, its not his fault he was hoirt....thats just a cruel cruel, CRUEL twist of fate...

KJ is what I call an "injury bust." Same deal with Fisher. Not much you can do about that, it happens to everyone, but a bust is a bust. Personally, I consider some of the guys here, like Big Daddy, an "expectations bust," meaning they played OK but not at the level they were drafted at. Justin Smith is riding that line right now; he's been pacing other top DE's first couple years, but needs to step it up this year to justify his price tag.

Memo to Johnsons: Rod Jones is having success elsewhere? Where? NFLE? The Arena League? CFL? Last I heard he got beat out by Chris Samuels and cut due to injury by the 'Skins. (And after the way he wiffed in the Super Bowl with the Rams, I'm stunned the Skins gave him the time of day!)

qbs.  - - A.Smith -------------------- Klingler -------------------------------

Defense

The only reason Carter was a bust was because he blew out his knee. He had GREAT potential and did decently prior to the injury. There was nothing wrong with Cothran, he was a fullback and all he did was block. Lorenzo Neil makes a pro-bowl living doing that. Battaglia was a moose, and would have been great if we had just had a QB and an offense that used the TE.

What's wrong with Rod Jones? He's doing well... ELSEWHERE.

As far as Copeland, he was a highlight on this team.

You sir, are an idiot!

An Idiot you say..? Well let's see what you think now bright guy !

1. Rod Jones is a backup, he's been bounced around more than Paul Pierce's living room basketball !- And he was singlehandedly the reason we had to go get an old Richmond Webb out of the brink of retirement !

2. Who Cares if Kijana got hurt or not, the fact that he didn't rehap his knee, and ate himself off the roster were his own doing .! If his talent was as true to form, then he would have bounced back from the injury like Terry Allen, who blew out both knees, and returned to rush for over a 1000 yards each year following the injury !

3.Jeff Cothran was a " fullback" - He wasn't even the highest rated fullback in the '95 draft, and we took him in the 3rd round !His scouting reports were awful, and he couldn't catch a cold. As a matter of fact, it was the consensus after the draft, that he was drafted simply on the basis, that he blocked for Eddie George.

4. Marco Battaglia lit up " noses " more than he ever lit up the playing field. And I'm sure that considering Jeff Blake threw for almost 3700 yards in ' 96, and Tony McGee had a good season, Maybe the reason why Battaglia was drafted was because they thought they were'nt going to be able to re-sign McGee !

5. Copeland was a BUST . He was the 5th player taken in the draft. yet he had less than 40 career sacks , and his best football came in '95 and '96 when Big Daddy' played the best football of his career. 2 out of 8 years ain't bad..???

Stupid people don't know they're stupid even after they open their mouths :lol:

You know, I don't even think he played a down for us .. Can't consider him a bust then, but I know he didn't live up to expectations out in Denver either.. Maybe I should research who we got for giving him up ... Maybe he served us best by not coming here after all !

Long story short:

The Bengals had the No. 1 overall pick in 1984 from a trade in 1983 with Tampa Bay for QB Jack Thompson.

They were set to take Steve Young with that first pick but he signed a contract with the LA Express of the USFL after the Bengals refused to get into a bidding war. That pick was then traded to New England for the No. 16 and 28 picks. We also had the 7th pick which is where we took Hundley at.

In the second round (38) we selected our QB of the future, Norman J. Esiason.

In the meantime Hundley and his agent (Leigh Steinberg??) held out and PB again wished them well and traded him to Denver. I am not sure what pick(s) we got for him but in 1985 we had two first round picks and two in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds.

Kijana got hurt for a reason.

I was watching the game in which he was injured. When the injury occurred, they took him to the bench and sat him down. The most striking thing about it was the huge tub of goo hanging over his belt.

The only thought that came to my mind was that 19 million dollar running backs don't have big beer bellies hanging over their belts.

If he had been in shape the injury may not have happened.

Don't make excuses for him. If he had done the work to get in football shape he might have become a football player instead of an insurance salesman or whatever he does.

He did not make it because he was lazy.