Nascar fines Earnhardt Jr.

BengalszoneBilly

Well everyone. I'm shocked as hell this happened to Nascars "Golden Boy"!! It's due to his intentional spin to bring out the yellow last weekend at Bristol. He was about to go a lap down, and intentionally spun himself out to bring out the caution, for his own benefit! Then the dofuss admits as much in a post race interview.

I'd like to see nothing more now than him to miss making the top ten by 25 or less points to keep him out of the season ending playoff format that's new this year. wouldn't That be just desserts!!

I guess kevnz can't say they let Dale Jr. get away with everything now!! :lol::lol:

I was very shocked to see that happen...But NASCAR had no choice in the matter, he admitted to spinning to get a caution, if they hadn't the press would have harpooned them...I think one thing that we'll see as NASCAR continues to grow is the officiating will be a little more fair...It's impossible to turn a blind eye to people when the sporting world is watching...

Did you guys here the story about Dale Sr. losing spots in a race and the guy that talks to him told him he should try and get a caution. Dale's response, "I'm working on it!" :lol:

Dale Sr would usually spin someone else out for a caution, Jr has a lot to learn.

I wish I was into NASCAR while SR was alive.  I just missed out..

Well his nickname "The Intimidator" aptly describes his driving style. I'm my opinion he was the best at using the "Chrome Horn" (his car's front bumper) to pass other drivers than any driver that ever lived. If you were leading the race on the last lap, and he was on your back bumper in second, you could almost count on him sending you into a wall before you reached the finish line.

But as they say: "You live by the sword...you die by the sword."

That was never any truer than in Dale Sr.'s case. I HATED him when he was alive, now I miss him. Weird, huh? :blink:

I HATED him when he was alive, now I miss him. Weird, huh? :blink:

I never really hated him, but I used to like to root against him. Like you though after he was gone I missed seeing him on the track. :(

He was one of the great ones.

I HATED him when he was alive, now I miss him. Weird, huh?  :blink:

I never really hated him, but I used to like to root against him. Like you though after he was gone I missed seeing him on the track. :(

He was one of the great ones.

You're right Terry. I don't think I really hated him, but I too rooted so hard against him it bordered on hate! I just got so tired of seeing him take out driver after driver just to get by them. He WAS the master at that manuever. <_<

Earnhardt Sr is the most overated driver ever. Simple as that. If he would have raced everyone as clean as everybody else raced he wouldn't have had half the victories he did. I'm not saying he wasn't a great driver, he was....But he wouldn't have even been in the top 10...NASCAR too often turned a blind eye when he punted someone out of his way, hellfire, NASCAR handed him his championship in 91....You know, it might have been bad for NASCAR to lose him (I have my doubts on that, I think it helped....but that's another story for another time) but I sure as hell don't miss him on the racetrack....

I would have rather rooted for the Browns than rooted for Earnhardt.