Chris Henry status

BengalBillyBob

What is Henry's status for the season? Is he going to be suspended or has that not been determined yet? You would think the league would suspend him for all of the arrests. The drug charge is a violation of the leagues substance abuse policy. Has he not been suspended yet because he hasnt had his court case yet?

Anyone know whats up with him?

What is Henry's status for the season? Is he going to be suspended or has that not been determined yet? You would think the league would suspend him for all of the arrests. The drug charge is a violation of the leagues substance abuse policy. Has he not been suspended yet because he hasnt had his court case yet?

Yup. That drug charge is just a drug charge until he's convicted. Even then, I don't think it counts as a positive test (someone correct me if I'm wrong?) But he can be punished for actual convictions, not charges though.

Yup. That drug charge is just a drug charge until he's convicted. Even then, I don't think it counts as a positive test (someone correct me if I'm wrong?) But he can be punished for actual convictions, not charges though.

Until he pleads guilty or is found guilty on drug charges, it doesn't count. Any combiniation of a positive test, missed test, and/or conviction counts towards the substance abuse policy. It looks like he'll be gone for four games, it's just a question of when the hammer falls...

I think they get a postponement until after the season.
I actually hope they don't. We still have KW this year. I doubt they retain him next year... so this is the year we have the best depth to deal with his absence.

If he serves a suspension next year, we'll have to go with Tab Perry as our 3rd WR. Worse things have happened... but Henry and KW both have better breakaway speed that CB's are forced to respect, whereas Perry is more in the mold of Housh.

What a second, I don't think there's any pending charges left regarding Henry and drugs. He pled guilty to possession, but that's hardly the same as being convicted as taking. If the NFL hasn't taken action in regards to this, they won't. The case is over.

I could be wrong.. if I am let me know. I'm going off memory here.

What a second, I don't think there's any pending charges left regarding Henry and drugs. He pled guilty to possession, but that's hardly the same as being convicted as taking. If the NFL hasn't taken action in regards to this, they won't. The case is over.

I could be wrong.. if I am let me know. I'm going off memory here.

You are correct with the charges/guility stuff... Only thing left on his plate should be the big one down in FLA on the Gun Charges.

I believe the NFL has taken action, he is now in the drug program.

Henry still faces his drunk driving charge. I guess I didn't think about it until now... but that probably doesn't fall under the substance abuse program, does it?

If his single Mary Jane charge is the only one that the NFL can hold against him (and I think it is), then the only thing we have to worry about is jail time, which I very much doubt will happen (although I will say a few months in jail would probably do him some good).

Henry still faces his drunk driving charge. I guess I didn't think about it until now... but that probably doesn't fall under the substance abuse program, does it?).

There was a blurb some time ago about Henry being approached with a plea bargain deal in regards to the DUI charge. It was said that he turned it down for two reasons. First, if he pleads guilty to anything the suspension was almost guaranteed to be handed out almost immediately. Second, there was a rumor that his lawyers were attacking an irregularity with the BAC test results, and if those are thrown out the drunk driving case against Henry would be dismissed completely.

POSTED 7:34 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 8:36 a.m. EDT, September 9, 2006

SMOOT, McKINNIE LOSE ONE GAME CHECK EACH

Jay Glazer of FOXSports reports on FSN's Pro Football Preview that Vikings cornerback Fred Smoot and left tackle Bryant McKinnie have been fined one game check for their role in the Love Boat fiasco, pursuant to the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

Both plead guilty to disorderly conduct charges earlier this year. In the interests of avoiding any further explicit content on this page (we're a family site, after all) let's just say that Smoot was doing some horizontal butter churning, with two churns, and that McKinnie was . . . was . . . you know, we can't come up with an acceptable euphemism for what McKinnie was doing.

Glazer says that the Vikings feared that the league office would impose a one-game suspension on Smoot and McKinnie.

Because Redskins safety Sean Taylor's recent fine for violation of the Personal Conduct Policy was based on his 2005 salary, we assume that McKinnie's and Smoot's 2005 base salaries will serve as the basis for their fines. If so, the incident will cost McKinnie $41,176 (based on a $700,000 salary last year), and it will cost Smoot $82,352 (based on a $1.4 million salary in 2005).

If the fines are based on 2006 salaries, McKinnie will pay $52,941, since his base pay increases to $900,000 this year. Smoot, in contract, will pay only $47,058, because his base salary drops to $800,000 in 2006.

In our view, these fines should be based not on base salaries but on cap numbers, since much of a player's compensation comes from signing bonuses, option bonuses, and roster bonuses, none of which count toward the player's base pay.

Looks like the league just wants players paychecks