Thanks Takeo! 3rd round compensatory pick

JonFnKitna

Bengals pick up another third-rounder

3-29-04, 6:30 p.m.

BY GEOFF HOBSON

PALM BEACH, Fla. _ The Bengals ended up getting an extra first day pick out of next month's NFL Draft here at the league meetings, and they didn't have to trade running back Corey Dillon to get it. The last pick in the third round came courtesy of one of the 32 compensatory picks doled out Monday.

:D

Geesh, don't I get any credit for confirming this.... Just when I thought you guys cared..... :lol::D:lol:

Yeah, but you only did that cause you doubted me ;)

I doubt everything.. I was that kid at school that tried to prove the teachers wrong... :lol:

--Good work though Kevnz. I honestly didn't think Takeo Spikes would do anything more for the Bengals.

-- I'll have to concentrate on seeing who's gonna be there.. Right now,because I don't think we'll get Jake Grove, I'm leaning on getting 2 d-lineman,and a corner in rounds 1-3, and the compensation pick.....should be Alex Stepanovich c ohio st.

I doubt everything.. I was that kid at school that tried to prove the teachers wrong... :lol:

--Good work though Kevnz. I honestly didn't think Takeo Spikes would do anything more for the Bengals.

-- I'll have to concentrate on seeing who's gonna be there.. Right now,because I don't think we'll get Jake Grove, I'm leaning on getting 2 d-lineman,and a corner in rounds 1-3, and the compensation pick.....should be Alex Stepanovich c ohio st.

Well, actually, it's not just Takeo (ain't it just like him to get all the credit for a team effort?) It's the fact that we also lost a probowler in Lorenzo Neal, and Green Bay made the playoffs, thank you Mr Luchey or whatever your name is this week...Plus the loss of Hall to Atlanta....

I'd love to see GRove available in the second, but you're right, it ain't gonna happen....

Trust me, Cory Hall wasn't a loss. There are two types of bums. Bums without jobs, and bums with them. Cory Hall was the latter.

-- A complete brain-fart in the '99 draft to get him in the 3rd round. He would have been available in the 7th round. Toddlers don't don't even make reaches like that for cookie-jars. :angry:

Trust me, Cory Hall wasn't a loss. There are two types of bums. Bums without jobs, and bums with them. Cory Hall was the latter.

-- A complete brain-fart in the '99 draft to get him in the 3rd round. He would have been available in the 7th round. Toddlers don't don't even make reaches like that for cookie-jars. :angry:

chrishcovga, you wouldn't be saying someone from the 99 draft sucked would you??? Surely not, the team did such a wonderful job drafting that year

Hey, as for bums, even Mr Left-handed-pass Frerotte helped us get that third.....Whatever it takes....

Love the sarcasm Kevnz. :D I took the '99 draft quite personal. I have never seen a draft look , so unprepared,and Chickensh*tted in my life. At least other times , Cincy' reached on players because of their rankings, or college production. But no one on this earth can explain..

1. Achillies Smith- 1 year wonder from Oregon st. that couldn't read defenses.

2. Charles Fisher - probably don't remember him because his Bengal career lasted exactly 1 quarter . He blew his knee out being shook by Eddie George , and tore all 6 ligaments in his right knee. * ALL - 6-... COME ON !! -- THAT GUY ALREADY HAD KNEE TROUBLES AT W.VIRGINIA , -- To make things worse, The guy I had drafting was DRE' BLY. -- He went to the Rams 8 picks later..

3. Cory Hall, -- one of the LOWEST rated safeties in the draft.Cincy' took him over Mike Mckenzie who most thought should have gone in round 1. over Fernando Bryant.

4. Craig Yeast... we took him over Tai Streets,Aaron Brooks, and Dexter Jackson.

I could go on and on , but my signature says it best.

Love the sarcasm Kevnz. :D I took the '99 draft quite personal. I have never seen a draft look , so unprepared,and Chickensh*tted in my life. At least other times , Cincy' reached on players because of their rankings, or college production.

The 99 draft is without a doubt the cornerstone of the ineptitude the Bengals have suffered under Mike Brown...I'm still pissed about not trading for all of those picks, taking a QB that totally sucked when Champ Bailey was available. Then they really went down hill from there...

Love the sarcasm Kevnz.  :D  I took the '99 draft quite personal. I have never seen a draft look , so unprepared,and Chickensh*tted in my life. At least other times , Cincy' reached on players because of their rankings, or college production.

The 99 draft is without a doubt the cornerstone of the ineptitude the Bengals have suffered under Mike Brown...I'm still pissed about not trading for all of those picks, taking a QB that totally sucked when Champ Bailey was available. Then they really went down hill from there...

Lmao, yes, the only player from that draft still around is Kelly Gregg, and management found a way to bungle him by cutting him and letting him turn good with the ravens.