Carson's at it again...

derekshank

I don't know if you guys remember the ESPN the magazine last year with Palmer on the cover... but there was a story told in that article that really stood out to me. The year he won his Heisman, they lost one game. He threw an INT that put them away in the 4th quarter, and it was because WR Keary Colbert ran the wrong route. But when being interviewed, Palmer took it all on himself, and simply said he made a bad throw. Colbert overheard him, and ran over and said "He's lying. It was my fault."

The reason I bring this up is in the new Bengals.com article where Palmer addresses the false starts by LT Levi Jones:

Palmer, naturally, called himself out for left tackle Levi Jones’ two false starts in the touchdown drive, saying he has to be clearer with his protection calls and cadence.

Peyton Manning on the other hand called out his offensive line after their playoff loss. Ben Roethlisberger does nothing but make excuses about his thumb or his knee. Palmer never makes excuses, he never places blame... he simply says he didn't play well enough... and when it's clear he did play well enough, he finds a way to put someone elses mistakes on himself. Palmer takes responsibility for things that aren't even his fault. He's the best leader in the NFL... and it's not close.

If someone took the blame for me for something I did wrong, I would want to play 2x as hard or try to repay that loyalty somehow...When CPalmer is in the huddle the players movements in the huddle, walking to the line, running plays all look like they have more urgency...

what about those reports on his braintype i was readin those today they sounded like garbage to me.. apparantly they think carson will never be a good leader cause he has the same brain type as ryan leaf and always takes the blame for things and will crumble under pressure.. this "expert" also said that carson was lucky this season cause of a good o line and a simple offense and all of his short throws (cause he never throws the ball deep right..) that guys an idiot

this "expert" also said that carson was lucky this season cause of a good o line and a simple offense and all of his short throws (cause he never throws the ball deep right..) that guys an idiot

I'd like to see that! :blink:

The offense is not simple in the least, and we all know about his deep ball. Absolutely unfounded and stupid.

Palmer led the league in completions over 20 yards last season...

I will see if I can find a reference...

I can't find one. Announcers referenced if on Monday night I think. Carson had (or was tied with either Brady or Manning) for most completions of 20 yards or more.

:D

It should only get better this year with another year of experience.

The reason I think Carson is a great leader is becase in public he puts everything on himself. He accurately sees no benefit to calling out teamates to the media. Astonishingly Peyton did, a great leader in his own right, but a miscalculation none the less.

However, it is impossible for Carson to hide the strength of his true leadership, which is the ability to be disapointed with others, (almost as much as he is in himself) while on the field, on the sideline, and in the locker room. I truly believe and have heard aluded to how he lets players know they let him down and the team down.

I saw it this last game. After mohawk boy had fumbled, and then he threw a ball to him which hit him in the hands and he dropped it, there was clear frustration on his face. I had to backup the Tivo and then freeze it on his expression but it was there. For that face Chad was not looking forward to huddling up...he was going to have to face that disappointment. That's a great leader...he makes those around him better, through humility to others, accountability with his teamates.

I truly believe there isn't a single player on either side of the ball which he wouldn't be afraid to show that disapointment to. It's his leadership which is such a great compliment to Marvin's inspiration which give Odell and Chris a fighting chance to turn things around.

Either that or I'm just hung over.

Thank you army bengal...i'm sitting here trying to think of a good reason to tell my wife that i should be drinking rumm, while already drinking rumm, which makes the thinking funny...to stay on topic...go bengals?

what about those reports on his braintype i was readin those today they sounded like garbage to me.. apparantly they think carson will never be a good leader cause he has the same brain type as ryan leaf and always takes the blame for things and will crumble under pressure.. this "expert" also said that carson was lucky this season cause of a good o line and a simple offense and all of his short throws (cause he never throws the ball deep right..) that guys an idiot
Put me down in the I WANT TO SEE THAT COLUMN also, that is just plain stupid...