ESPN Predictions

San Antonio Bengal

Most of the time I really don't pay too much attention to the predictions that the so-called experts make, but this one caught my eye because one analyst picked the Bengals to win it all this year. And that one analyst was Mr. Steeler Merril Hoge himself. I was shocked! :o:o:o

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/ne...tory?id=2568742

Most of the time I really don't pay too much attention to the predictions that the so-called experts make, but this one caught my eye because one analyst picked the Bengals to win it all this year. And that one analyst was Mr. Steeler Merril Hoge himself. I was shocked! :o:o:o

I wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it for myself. This guy has been a HUGE Steeler-bias forever. If that doesn't speak volumes, I honestly do not know what does.

I wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it for myself. This guy has been a HUGE Steeler-bias forever. If that doesn't speak volumes, I honestly do not know what does.

Are you sure they didnt mix up Merril's with Tom Jackson's??????

Notable that 9 of the 12 expect the Bengals to make the playoffs as division champ or WC. :sure:

Big change from 2 weeks ago for the "experts." Bandwagon's full...

Oh, and I think all the people picking Baltimore are going to look like idiots in about 5 weeks. Bad team last year, older this year. McNair will be hurt by week 3, RayRay isn't the player he once was, their receivers still suck, and the Jamal Lewis of 2000 got lost on the way to prison. Sure, Ed Reed being healthy will make a real difference, but I think that will be offset by everyone else getting older.

Notable that 9 of the 12 expect the Bengals to make the playoffs as division champ or WC. :sure:

Big change from 2 weeks ago for the "experts." Bandwagon's full...

Oh, and I think all the people picking Baltimore are going to look like idiots in about 5 weeks. Bad team last year, older this year. McNair will be hurt by week 3, RayRay isn't the player he once was, their receivers still suck, and the Jamal Lewis of 2000 got lost on the way to prison. Sure, Ed Reed being healthy will make a real difference, but I think that will be offset by everyone else getting older.

I was reading an article about the Ravens a few days ago, and the writer remarked that McNair's passes were noticably slower. Does anybody think we're going to get fewer than 3 interceptions a game if that's true?

But then if Theisman says it, it must be true. :sure:

The Ravens have been the "sexy" pick every single year since their Super Bowl. I've just grown accustomed to the fact that big names like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Jamal Lewis make "Experts" horny. I'm fine with it... because they never manage to do anything, so who cares about predictions and power rankings. It's not the BCS, so it's meaningless.

I do very much doubt the Ravens will be a 6-10 team again though. No matter how injury prone and old McNair is... he's better than Boller. Ed Reed is back, they added Trevor Pryce... and even though I think Ngata is over-rated, their D-line will still be good.

Their downfall on defense will be their system. They only have one decent safety, so they are going to be running a 4-4 base. Teams with decent receivers will exploit this, and the Ravens will quickly be forced to bail out of this scheme in an attempt to salvage their season... but with no safety depth, it will be too late.

Ravens finish 3rd in the division... again.