Carson's first series

MacD BengalFan

Your the offensive coordinator and your star QB is ready to play in his first game since a devastating knee injury in January. He has seen limited contact in practice and has missed the first two pre-season games because he has not felt comfident in his knee. So what series of plays do you start off with? Do you start him conservative with some hand-offs, or do you let him loose and have him go deep early and ofter?

I personally have mixed feeling about this. I want to see Carson go deep early to send a message to the rest of the league that he is truly ready. But with his reported lack of confidence on his knee taking a hit, I would expect for him to be eased into it.

So, what do all you arm-chair offensive coordinators do? Go deep early, or hand off and save the bombs for later?

I say go for the gusto and call the exact same play that caused Palmer and Henry's injuries seven months ago. Only this time they don't get hurt. This time it's a touchdown. Just think how sweet that would be for both players' psyches. But of course, it'll be a boring hand-off to Rudi for a loss. Unimaginative bastards....

Well, if it's to show to the league (as stated) that Carson is back... Have him scramble out of the pocket and throw a pass back over the middle on the run. ESPN won't be able to stop talking about how Carson was able to move and still hit his target after coming off a serious injury such a short time ago !!! That being said, I hope he hands off to Rudi !!!

WHODEY !!!

First play... The reverse to Chad who goes wide, and then throws a long pass to none other than CARSON PALMER!!! who then sprints down the sideline for a TD!

Or else, hand off to Rudi. Either is fine with me.

i was thinking of that as well. :cheers:........but I rather them save that for Pissburgh

1ST play should be call time out get your ass off the feild cuz its to early to be back on the playing field. It takes longer than 7 1/2 to 8 months to heal something like what he had done to him!!!

1ST play should be call time out get your ass off the feild cuz its to early to be back on the playing field. It takes longer than 7 1/2 to 8 months to heal something like what he had done to him!!!

Screw the doctors and the patient, they should be given an arbitrary time limit, regardless of how well rehab goes. :huh: