The Reds in August

ArmyBengal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 more homers tonight and Lohse get the easy win on a 14-0 shutout !!!

Lohse gets three hits of his own for the night and the Cards lose their game pulling the Reds within 1 in the NL Central !!! Again, another night with what looked to be a pretty empty ballpark. Michalak gets the start tomorrow for the sweep...

WHODEY !!!

On this whole "empty park thing, I found this on the box score page...

8/21 24,110 in attendance 57.3% full

8-22 22,556 in attendance 53.6% full

I don't know how those numbers stack up over the season, but they don't seem that good...

WHODEY !!!

Well on the empty ballpark thing, school is back in most places high gas prices i think add up to hurt. But dang its been a long time and we are in this hunt.Where the hell are ya REDS fans???? :huh:

Although my memory is a bit fuzzy(clouded haze constantly hovers on my brain :P ) I think the Enquierer ran an online poll about this recentyl. I think the main reason was lack of faith in the team producing a winner. it'll take a while to win the fans back. If you do make it to the playoffs and the stadium isn't full, then I'll be embarrassed.

I would just like to take this moment to say that Cincy has the same number of wins at St. Louis. Granted, Cincy has played two more games than the cards and lost both of them, but it is freaking August 23rd and the Reds are tied for most wins in the division! The Mets are already up 4 - 0 on the Cards in the second inning. If the Cards lose, we'll still be just ONE GAME OUT. Wow. These are the Cincinnati Reds, right?

I'll tell you, the way the other teams are stepping up, our sights might best be set on the division crown as opposed to the wild card. The Cards haven't been playing well and we are playing consistent ball (winning series)... 10 game west coast trip to SF, LAD, and SD. Series wins for all three would be great !!! This to is an important stretch...

WHODEY !!!

Well, thank God the Reds have a freakin night off...

They come back tomorrow night to close out the west coast trip with Arroyo on the mound and going against a Padres team that has been playing pretty good ball. Here's hoping they can pull their heads out of their 5th point of contact !!!

WHODEY !!!

They come back tomorrow night to close out the west coast trip with Arroyo on the mound and going against a Padres team that has been playing pretty good ball. Here's hoping they can pull their heads out of their 5th point of contact !!!

WHODEY !!!

I think the Reds just lost again!!!!!! :lmao:

WHODEY !!!

I think the Reds just lost again!!!!!! :lmao:

Nope, just fell another half game back being idle. September can't get here quick enough !!!

WHODEY !!!