So, are we going to get this thing rolling again?

skyline

I'm willing to "Commish" a couple of leagues again this year, with the following proviso's:

1)Participants should plan on participating the whole fricking year. If you're not doing well, use the waiver wire - don't quit!

2) The schedule run by Yahoo sucks. it is unfair and stupid. I propose a seperate schedule that will have 3 divisions of 4 teams each. Each team plays Divisional opponents twice each during non-bye weeks (weeks 1-2, 11 - 14) and the other 8 teams once apiece. All other rules and scoring are okay through Yahoo. (We might want to consider 4 points for passing a TD instead of 6)

3) Playoffs would be: the two Division winners with the best record get a bye. During week 15 the third division winner plays the #2 wildcard team (2nd best record), and the #1 wildcard team plays the non-playoff team with the most points (regardless of record). The winners of those 2 games plays the two bye teams, followed by the championship.

The advantage of this set-up: 6 teams (out of 12) qualify, and the last 4 weeks of the season are divisional games, allowing for competition down the stretch. Friends (& enemies) can request to be placed in the same division. Basically, alot more fair and alot more fun.

The disadvantages: the championship is during week #17, so some teams' players may be resting; and some manual calculations will be necessary during the playoffs - Yahoo doesn't calculate scores if you are 'out'.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

I'm willing to "Commish" a couple of leagues again this year, with the following proviso's:

1)Participants should plan on participating the whole fricking year. If you're not doing well, use the waiver wire - don't quit!

2) The schedule run by Yahoo sucks. it is unfair and stupid. I propose a seperate schedule that will have 3 divisions of 4 teams each. Each team plays Divisional opponents twice each during non-bye weeks (weeks 1-2, 11 - 14) and the other 8 teams once apiece. All other rules and scoring are okay through Yahoo. (We might want to consider 4 points for passing a TD instead of 6)

3) Playoffs would be: the two Division winners with the best record get a bye. During week 15 the third division winner plays the #2 wildcard team (2nd best record), and the #1 wildcard team plays the non-playoff team with the most points (regardless of record). The winners of those 2 games plays the two bye teams, followed by the championship.

The advantage of this set-up: 6 teams (out of 12) qualify, and the last 4 weeks of the season are divisional games, allowing for competition down the stretch. Friends (& enemies) can request to be placed in the same division. Basically, alot more fair and alot more fun.

The disadvantages: the championship is during week #17, so some teams' players may be resting; and some manual calculations will be necessary during the playoffs - Yahoo doesn't calculate scores if you are 'out'.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

*shrug* I've never had a problem with the way Yahoo does things. And I would definitely stick with 6 pts. for a passing TD.

Also, I strongly disagree with having finals on week 17. We should bump it up a bit...

That said, I'll go along with whatever. I'll win regardless of the rules ;)

I dominated all year long only to have Steve Smith f*ck me in the championship game. I'm taking back my throne this year bit*hes!!!

OK - I need some responders to give me preferences as to when the draft should be => these times go fast, and I'd like to have it as late as possible . . . preferably AFTER the 4th preseason games to eliminate unsuspected injuries.

I prefer a weeknight - around 8 or 9 EDT. I could set up 2 leagues - one weeknight and one weekend.

What are YOUR preferences???

OK - I need some responders to give me preferences as to when the draft should be => these times go fast, and I'd like to have it as late as possible . . . preferably AFTER the 4th preseason games to eliminate unsuspected injuries.

I prefer a weeknight - around 8 or 9 EDT. I could set up 2 leagues - one weeknight and one weekend.

What are YOUR preferences???

For me any weekday night after 9PM is good. Should we check back into this thread to find out what you've setup?

For me any weekday night after 9PM is good. Should we check back into this thread to find out what you've setup?

What does one have to do to get involved with this?

Say tuned - I'll set up a couple of leagues this week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday. Then all you have to do is use the link (to be provided), league name and password to sign up - dilitantes and quitters need not apply.

Sounds good DD, if we need more than one league (which i am sure we will), I'll be happy to commish one or two. I can't freaking wait till FF is back in full swing. It's crack-like addicting.

OK - Two Bengalzone Leagues have been created.

League 1: Bengalzone Premier - 14 teams, head-to-head league, live draft to take place TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH 9:00 PM EDT.

The order of the draft won't be determined by Yahoo until 30 minutes prior to the draft. Yahoo standard scoring is in place. Yahoo schedule and playoff system (6 teams, weeks 14, 15, and 16) in place also

League 2: Bengalzone Select - 12 teams, head-to-head league, with an off-line draft to take place in this very forum to accomodate all of the weird time zone residents. Yahoo scoring in effect. Once 11 additional teams are in place, we'll come to a consensus on draft rules and times. Draft order will be assigned by a lottery. If agreed to, a non-Yahoo schedule and playoff format will be adopted - 3 divisions, 14 game schedule - 2 games each against divisional opponents, 1 against non-divisional foes.

To get the password(s), please email DD at pjd@mricinci.com

See you in the playoffs :cheers:

OK - Two Bengalzone Leagues have been created.

League 1: Bengalzone Premier - 14 teams, head-to-head league, live draft to take place TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH 9:00 PM EDT.

The order of the draft won't be determined by Yahoo until 30 minutes prior to the draft. Yahoo standard scoring is in place. Yahoo schedule and playoff system (6 teams, weeks 14, 15, and 16) in place also

League 2: Bengalzone Select - 12 teams, head-to-head league, with an off-line draft to take place in this very forum to accomodate all of the weird time zone residents. Yahoo scoring in effect. Once 11 additional teams are in place, we'll come to a consensus on draft rules and times. Draft order will be assigned by a lottery. If agreed to, a non-Yahoo schedule and playoff format will be adopted - 3 divisions, 14 game schedule - 2 games each against divisional opponents, 1 against non-divisional foes.

To get the password(s), please email DD at pjd@mricinci.com

See you in the playoffs :cheers:

E-mail sent. Thanks DD :)

[For me any weekday night after 9PM is good. Should we check back into this thread to find out what you've setup?

Bob -

Check out the Premier league pinned above.