1st and 2nd Pope and Watson

cover2

I've lost interest in the first round TE thing, both because I highly doubt Marvin is even considering it (unless it's Vernon Davis somehow) and because there are so many options to be chosen from later on. Gimme some defense in the first couple rounds, and then snag a Klop or Thomas in the 3rd.

No thanks on Pope at 24, Watson at 55 would be satisfactory.

No thanks on Pope at 24, Watson at 55 would be satisfactory.

I'm another "no-TE-at-24" guy. And honestly I wouldn't be too excited about Watson at 55, either. The guy sounds like a source of non-stop frustration for Marvin and all of Bengaldom for years to come if we draft him at all. Especially in front of a couple talented safeties like Bing and Bullocks. I'd rather have one of them...

Maybe it is possible. I don`t think TE is a need in the 1st round with so many D ballers out there. Our offense is paid a ton of money now and a 1st round TE paycheck would be overkill on the cap, in a way. I won`t hold my breath for Watson to fall to 55 because he is the 2nd biggest and athletic DT out there next to Ngata of OR. Too many teams will feel they can improve his work ethic or training consistency. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE Watson on the Bengals.

I am so against a first round tight end I get mad just thinking about it.

Wouldn't mind Watson at 55, though

Would you be pissed if it turned out to be Watson in the first and Pope in the second?

I would like that actually. I still think getting David Thomas from TX later in the draft is just as good as Pope, though.