BENGALS vs Browns

jbengals1

if this bengals team has any drive, desire, intestinal fortitude, they will come away with the "V". i think, believe it or not, the bengals are too strong for the brownies. yes denver blew out oakland last night, motivated from last years monday nite fiasco. but i still see den. oak. and pitt. as 3 of the top teams in the league. so let's try:

BENGALS: 31

The Girl Scouts: 14

MUM MUM some really good BROWNIES should taste "GRRRR..RATE"!!!! :P

If Dillon comes into this game 100%

I'd say the score will be:

Bengals 30

Brownies 19

If Dillon come into the game still injured and doesn't get at least 20 carries.

Brownies 19

Bengals 21

I just can't bring myself to pick the Browns over the Bengals. :D

The way Dillon runs against the Browns, and the way J. Lewis shredded the Browns defense, if Dillon is even at 85% we should be able to control the game with our running.

All signs point to Marvin Lewis' first win. Despite losing to Pitt, the Bengals didn't show any sign of a letdown after a good game vs. Oakland, which has been a hallmark of the team. Cleveland, meanwhile, is coming off an emotional road win, their first of the season, and they could very well stumble.

Moreover, if Jamal Lewis can run for 300 against them we should be able to put 100+ yards on the ground whether Dillon's in or not. And if we can keep the lid on the likes of Maddox, Gannon, and Plummer our secondary should be able to handle Holcomb (and if it's Couch because of Holcomb's injury he'll be rusty). And as far as the run D is concerned, Green's probably the least scary back we've faced.

Now...all that said...I can't pick the Bengals until they show me they can score some points. The Bengals have put up just 40 points in 3 games; that's fewer than 2 TDs a game. Ain't gonna win spit with those kind of numbers. Can they win this game? Definitely. Will they? Only if the offense can put together *multiple* drives that end in points (and I mean for us, not the Browns, Kitna!).

They haven't shown me that yet. I gave 'em the benefit of the doubt the first few games but the evidence is starting to pile up, and it says that the o-line is too shaky, the run game's too iffy, and the QB's as likely to put points up for the other guys as for his own team. Hopefully, they straighten up and fly right this weekend, but if not...Browns 20, Bengals 13. :(

I like the Bengals for this game for several reasons.

First the Browns run defense sucks! Our RBs should put up some good numbers. (as for who is running the ball, get Bennett out of their he is not a everydown back. Heck, if all else fails put the FB Johnson in their in single back formations and let him pound the Browns)

Secondly Holcombe has a broken leg! and he is going to start at QB? It could get ugly. I know the Bengals defensive front seven hasn't put much pressure on people this year, but the O liune of the Browns is by far the worst they have faced this year, Holcombe may not make it past the first quarter.

So I'm going to say it will be 28-7, for the Bengals....

But I also will go on record that I am 0-3 this year on my picks so what do I know?

And the call is...Timmy. Butch Davis finally catches a break (literally) with Holbomb's injury (and no that's not a typo). I think the Browns offense will improve markedly with Couch back at QB. Not that an offense which is scoring fewer points than the Bengals can get much worse, of course...

Still, I think this is good news for the Bengals. For one thing, Timmy's almost certainly going to be rusty; it'll take him at least a couple series' to shake off the iron oxide. He's also going to want to have a big game in hopes of winning back the starting spot permanantly, which means he'll likely press and take some chances. I can see a couple Bengal INTs already. Finally, it doesn't hurt that Northcutt, whom Couch has used to shred us before, is banged up.

Couch also tends to take a little more time vs. Holcomb, which should give out anemic pass rush a chance to get to the QB, but they'll have to watch out since Couch can run.

In short, I like it. It doesn't do anything for the Bengals' key issue, which is that the offense needs to score points, not just pile up yards, but it might mean a couple more opportunites for the O to do so (via turnovers).