RoverD's Mock Draft v2.0

NJ29

First Round

1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush, RB (USC)

2. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart, QB (USC)

3. Tennessee Titans - Vince Young, QB (Texas)

4. New York Jets - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, LT (Virginia)

5. Green Bay Packers - A.J. Hawk. LB (Ohio St.)

6. Oakland Raiders - Mario Williams, DE (North Carolina St.)

7. San Fransisco 49ers - Vernon Davis, TE (Maryland)

8. Buffalo Bills - Holati Ngata, NT (Oregon)

9. Detroit Lions - Michael Huff, DB (Texas)

10. Arizona Cardinals - Jay Cutler, QB (Vanderbilt)

11. St. Louis Rams - Chad Greenway, LB (Iowa)

12. Cleveland Browns - Winston Justice, OT (USC)

13. Baltimore Ravens - DeAngelo Williams, RB (Memphis)

14. Philadelphia Eagles - Tamba Hali, DE (Penn St.)

15. Atlanta Falcons - Jimmy Williams, DB (Virginia Tech)

16. Miami Dolphins - Tye Hill, CB (Clemson)

17. Minnesota Vikings - LenDale White, RB (USC)

18. Dallas Cowboys - Brodrick Bunkley, DT (Florida St.)

19. San Diego Chargers - Chad Jackson, WR (Florida)

20. Kansas City Cheifs - Mathias Kiwanuka, DE (Boston College)

21. New England Patriots - Bobby Carpenter, LB (Ohio St.)

22. Denver Broncos (f. WSH) - Santonio Holmes, WR (Ohio St.)

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Marcus McNeil, OT (Auburn)

24. Cincinnati Bengals - Ko Simpson, SS (South Carolina)

25. New York Giants - Darnell Bing, SS (USC)

26. Carolina Panthers - Joseph Addai, RB (LSU)

27. Chicago Bears - Leonard Pope, TE (Georgia)

28. Jacksonville Jaguars - Ernie Sims, LB (Florida St.)

29. Denver Broncos - Eric Winston, OT (Miami)

30. Indianapolis Colts - Laurence Maroney, RB (Minnesota)

31. Seattle Seahawks - Thomas Howard, LB (UTEP)

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Nick Mangold, C (Ohio St.)

Bengals Picks

1. Ko Simpson, S (South Carolina)

simpson0uk.jpg

There are other options at this spot, but Simpson provides the playmaking ability, strength, toughness and size to support the run and cover tight ends.

2. Babatunde Oshinowo, DT (Stanford)

qysvg9.jpg

Oshinowo is a big, playmaking D-Tackle, something that this team has been lacking for a long time.

3. Stanley McClover, DE (Auburn)

qysv2d.jpg

There is a common factor in all of the day one picks - they are guys who make plays on the defensive side of the ball. McClover plays with great energy and he is a big time pass rusher that we can't pass up on. He is a guy that could have been a first or second rounder with a good season, had he stayed.

4. Jonathan Lewis, DT (Virginia Tech)

qysv4i.jpg

Lewis is a clogger who can also penetrate. He and Oshinowo would be forces in the middle for years to come.

5. Reggie McNeal, QB (Texas A&M)

mcneal7ty.jpg

A quick guy who can contribute right away if he can pick up the offense.

6. Travis Williams, LB (Auburn)

twilliams7bn.jpg

Williams is tough and fast. He is a guy who can make an immeadiate impact on special teams, and he can be a starter down the road once he gains weight.

7. Ronnie Prude, CB (LSU)

qysvag.jpg

Prude is tough and instinctive, and he isn't afraid to stick his neck out in run support.

Looks good. I'd love to have the three first day guys you listed. My only disagreement is that I think we'll end up with more than one offensive pick... Maybe a late round receiver or some offensive line depth.

Also, great picture of Ronnie Prude.

With Smith, Thronton, Robinson, and Askew, why would we need 2 DT's in the 2nd and 4th Rd. We need one, that's it. Depth at DT isn't an issue, talent is. Maybe a CB like Dee Webb in the 4th. Also Oshinowo is a bit of a reach at 55. However, I can't say I'd be mad with this draft, a whole lot of defense.

Also, looking back to last year, the Panthers drafted Eric Shelton in the 2nd Round and they just transitioned Foster, they won't go RB in the 1st. I accidently have them taking one (2nd Round) in my mock draft too but it will be changed. Also Addai isn't a first rounder. Bing isn't a good fit with the Giants. Bunkley makes no sense with the Cowboys seeing as their DL is already stacked with Spears, Ferguson, and Canty.

Also the 49ers pick 6th, the Raiders are 7th.

I wasn't looking for depth with Oshinowo and Lewis, I was looking for guys that I think can start in the next several years. I think that both of those guys are upgrades on Robinson and Thornton.

Saftey: 2nd to 4th round.

Could be. Ko would be a pretty tough talent to pass up, I would love that pick.

No TE?

We needed one last year and didn't get one.

We are NOT drafting a QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way I see us taking a QB is if we take a guy like DJ Schockey or Michael Robinson, who both willonly have a chance in the NFL if they move to WR.

Reggie McNeal IS that kind of quarterback.

I'd rather have Eric Henderson over McGlover.

Agreed, but it's obviously a question of who will be there... Henderson is a 2nd round potential on many boards, and a 1st on your own. McGlover in the 3rd would be fine by me.

I like your mock and would be overjoyed if we end up with Ko, but if Jonathan Joseph were still there in round one I would rather pick him up. Evereything else looks good especialy if we get Babatunde Oshinowo(i hope i spelled that right). One more defensive draft and then I think we should go for a TE in round one next year.

Does anyone know when they release the dates for next years games?

Nice pix and picks. :D

You'll be glad to know, though, that Ernie Sims is shooting up the board -- as in way, way up all the way to Top 15 and maybe even Top 10. The lastest Kiper mock posted in this forum has Sims going to the Eagles at #14. NFL network draft analyst Mike Mayock said Sims is at least that if not the Top 10. Go Ernie!

Great Mock man! You know how much I love my boy Ko, so you know I love that pick. By the way, where is my other boy, Hester!?!?!

While I'm with you in your love for Ko, I'm not on the Hester bandwagon whatsoever. People complain about Keiwan running sideways, but that's what Hester does. He won't be as dynamic as he was in college, simply because the average NFL team is better than Duke or Rutgers.