A Hintna for Kitna?

HoosierCat

From bengals.com:

A puzzled Kitna questioned Wednesday why the team hasn’t responded yet to his agent’s proposal for a contract extension that was submitted Friday.

“They were the ones who asked for us to give them an offer and you would think they would at least get back to us one way or another after five days,” Kitna said. “That’s a tough thing to figure out. Again, we’re not looking for a trade. The first priority is to get an extension, so you would think they would have got back to us by now.”

Well, Kit ol' buddy, you may not be lookin' for a trade but it appears the Bengals are keeping all options open. I wonder if they'd dare release him outright at some point in hopes of signing him to a low-price deal later? Not now; there's still too many teams with QB questions (Pitt, Dallas, Oakland, AZ), but Tim Couch should be floating around on the market soon, and there's the draft. Or...packaging CD and Kit up for Oakland...? Ah, the possibilities!

Kitna and Dillon to Oakland.. should bring us their 2nd and 3rd round picks.... Cincy will probably ask for a conditional pick in '05 as well because of past performances.

I figure Oakland may counter with a player in return to avoid the conditional pick....

What about Kit and Dillon with a 4th or 5th for Charles Woodson?

No...unless we'd be getting the Second and the 3rd.... To be honest with you...I'm wary of getting Charles Woodson..

Peter Warrick abused him last year.. and his injuries are always to his legs... Everytime he has an injury.. it's because his "wheel" don't work.. and that just spells trouble if you ask me.

I think the money isn't an issue, you use the money for Kit and Dillon and the 5th rounder on Woodson, even split, no problem. But man I'm really going too far out on this one. The Bengals problem is that we've ALWAYS gone after cheaper or draftees the past 13 years -- yes, the age of helplessism. We need someone that can come in, clean up and never worry about.

On the other hand, he's a Wolverine, so that sucks.

Or...packaging CD and Kit up for Oakland...? Ah, the possibilities!

OHHHH.. never thought of that.... I like it.

<_< Wait wait wait ........ Wait a minute.

Are you the same Kirk who was telling me all the reasons we needed to keep Kitna ???

As for Woodson, injuries and salary aside, why would we get rid of one attitude and bring in another one thats just as bad .... or worse ??

Are you the same Kirk who was telling me all the reasons we needed to keep Kitna ???

Yea, but if we're not going to use him for his deserved starters spot on the Cincinnati Bengals, then we need his money if he won't restructure. And if can trade him, we need to do it now because his stock is as high as it ever will be.

Wait wait wait ........ Wait a minute.

That's the evil Kirk, the one who got blasted on McCoy's saurian brandy and tried to jump Yeoman Rand. I'm sure the good Kirk will be back to fret about Kitna shortly... :P

We need to keep Kitna for this year. If Palmers faulters out of the gate, at least we can go back to Kitna. I dont think we need to take step back to move forward. If everything goes according to plan, with the Dillion trade, FA, and the draft, this team is an easy playoff contender. It would be sad to have a good team suffer for a possible weak link in Carson Palmer. I know about all his potential upside, but he is still a rookie in my view, that has never taken a regular season NFL snap. Kitna is a must need insurance policy, if we plan on winning next year. I would hate to see the Bengals not winning football games because of Palmer, and we are forced to go to a Shayne Matthews.

KEEP KITNA FOR ANOTHER YEAR!

Wait wait wait ........ Wait a minute.

That's the evil Kirk, the one who got blasted on McCoy's saurian brandy and tried to jump Yeoman Rand. I'm sure the good Kirk will be back to fret about Kitna shortly... :P

I killed the other one. :D He was a pain in my arse.

Knobson finally got around to updating bengals.com. References a San Diego newspaper report that the Bengals called shopping Kitna but got no interest.

So much for Marvin's "he's not on the block" BS...not that anyone apparently bought it.

We need to keep Kitna for this year. If Palmers faulters out of the gate, at least we can go back to Kitna. I dont think we need to take step back to move forward. If everything goes according to plan, with the Dillion trade, FA, and the draft, this team is an easy playoff contender. It would be sad to have a good team suffer for a possible weak link in Carson Palmer. I know about all his potential upside, but he is still a rookie in my view, that has never taken a regular season NFL snap. Kitna is a must need insurance policy, if we plan on winning next year. I would hate to see the Bengals not winning football games because of Palmer, and we are forced to go to a Shayne Matthews.

KEEP KITNA FOR ANOTHER YEAR!

Don't know about that....I think Marvin has to stick with Palmer through thinck and thin this year....Don't yank him and destroy his confidence (want to see a bad QB handling, look at how Schottenheimer handled Brees...) He's got to let Palmer ride out the tough times....Likewise he has to make sure Brat doesn't put him in a bad situation, give him some simple throws, build the game plans slowly....and run the ball, run the ball, and oh, run the damn ball. Palmer is a long term solution at QB, no hooks, develop him, don't put too much on his plate, at least early in the season, let him take his shots down field but give him someone to dump off to as well....I think if Kitna is still around if Palmer struggles their may be a temptation to yank Palmer and put in Kit, if not from the coaching staff, the public will be screaming for Kit...But who's gonna scream for Shane Matthews?

I think I'm more afraid of Bratkowski's play calling, than Carson Palmers performance. Is it just me? :blink:

Nope, it's not just you.....But in defense of Brat, I think he understands that he has a inexperienced QB on the field and will adjust his play calling to suit....Plus I think Marvin might adjust his calling for him if he ain't careful...remember, there are at least two position coachs who are capable of calling the plays and Brat knows it....I think maybe some of his play calling problems has been an over confidence in Kitna cause Kit knows the system so well.

Lets not forget about Zampese, I'm sure his hand in it will be pretty powerful as well.

That's why I think Brat is gonna be a bit more carefull in his calls, he know's he has the new "golden boy" in Zampese(who, if isn't the Bengals offensive coordinator next year, will be some other teams o coordinator) plus with their WRs coach who was an offensive coordinator....I think Marvin was sending a bit of a message to Brat with that hiring....

Great Point Kev........The temptation to put Kitna in , if Palmer struggles , would be too great.. it probably is better in that instance to trade him.

----However, Having Kitna restructure for around 2 mill a year would probably be too hard to pass up. That could be the move though....sign him and trade him...we only eat the signing bonus that we could spread out over a couple of years and the trading team gets' the bulk of the contract.!

Lets not forget about Zampese, I'm sure his hand in it will be pretty powerful as well.

That's why I think Brat is gonna be a bit more carefull in his calls, he know's he has the new "golden boy" in Zampese(who, if isn't the Bengals offensive coordinator next year, will be some other teams o coordinator) plus with their WRs coach who was an offensive coordinator....I think Marvin was sending a bit of a message to Brat with that hiring....

Yea, I do too. Zampese and Jackson are quality offensive minds that probably will be O-coordinators sometime in the future.