Cheech Henry pretrial hearing set

kingwilly

Per AP reports:

COVINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- A pretrial hearing was scheduled Friday for Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry, who is charged with possession of marijuana.

Kenton District Judge Ann Ruttle set a hearing for March 22. Prosecutors have decided to take Henry to trial rather than allow him to enter a diversion program to settle the charges.

Prosecutors have decided to take Henry to trial rather than allow him to enter a diversion program to settle the charges.

Aw, how nice of them! :cheers:

It is a positive in that it provides some clarity.

going to trial is a blow to any hope, no matter how small, of him returning. the risk is that if found G, then he may get some time in the can even before the FL gun issue gets near a courthouse...which could also serve as pattern and impact the argument of "no priors". If found not G then who knows. I;m sure his legal team will dissect his arrest and circumsatnaces for anything to get him off, as they should if they are any good.

Ok....an offensive weapon now looks to be a Day 1 lock, IMO. TE or WR....given the talent at TE and where we pick, TE may just be the way we go in April...with a late round WR being likely. I think I need to revise my mock this week........buh-bye Kiwi.