Visits and Possible Signings

dcameron

From enquirer.com:

Bengals free agent action Wednesday:

AGREED TO TERMS: Linebacker Nate Webster (Tampa Bay).

BENGALS CONFIRMED: None.

OTHERWISE CONFIRMED: Former Rams safety Kim Herring arrived for a visit Wednesday. Cornerbacks David Macklin of the Colts and Troy Vincent of the Eagles and center Chris Bober of the Giants will visit today.

ON THE RADAR: Former Jets safety Sam Garnes, Oakland defensive tackle Rod Coleman, Carolina cornerback Reggie Howard.

LONG SHOT: The Bengals are interested in Jaguars cornerback Fernando Bryant, but he's expected to re-sign or go to the Vikings.

GOING: Center Rich Braham is visiting the Giants Friday. Free safety Mark Roman plans to visit the Packers. Guard Mike Goff and running back Brandon Bennett are said to have visits scheduled.

Herring and Garnes could end up being the starting safeties for the Bengals in 2004 and beyond. The team's starting safeties in 2003, Rogers Beckett and Mark Roman, both hit the market Wednesday as unrestricted free agents.

As expected, the Bengals also were aggressive in pursuing cornerbacks. Vincent, though he will turn 33 in June, should have several productive seasons left. He played for Bengals defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier for four seasons when Frazier was Philadelphia's defensive backs coach. Vincent spent Wednesday in Buffalo.

"Given my relationship with Leslie, I told him it would be a team I'd come and at least visit and see what (coach Marvin) Lewis is doing up there in Cincinnati," Vincent said. "I'm a man of my word. I want to make sure I fulfill that obligation."