J.Lewis busted on drug charges

WHO DEY AGAIN?

Wait a minute Kirk..... Let's say he's found guilty.... But his crime was committed before he became a player. THe NFLPA couldn't allow a prior act to affect his play time now..?

Or could they..? I've never heard of that situation before.. matter of fact only 2 players i can think of that had Federal Drug charges against was that L.A.Rams cornerback from the 80's that got like 20 years because he was doing some "scarface" type distribution.

and of course the guy from the Cowboys.. but he's not active anymore...

The court of law is different then the law of the NFL, obviously. This is something we'll all have to wait and see.

So even if Lewis was convicted of the drug charges in 2005, or plea-bargained a lesser sentence of some sort earlier than that, he would not be in line for one-year suspension by the league as a third-strike offender under the NFL's drug policy. He would instead be confidentially re-enrolled in the program as a first-timer, which carries no penalty and requires mandatory treatment and testing.

What a freakin' crock of s**t. Okay, if you do your time the crime shouldn't be held over your head. But come on, a first time offender? This whole thing is whack. If you look at it, this would have been the first offense in chronological order.

So lets say he can't be busted as a two time drug offender, isn't there something about bringing shame to the league or, damn I can't think of the wording, but you know what I'm talking about. Maybe it's not a league policy. Perhaps a team policy or contractual issue.

All that said, I don't want to give the guy soap on a rope and tell him to be careful where he bends over, if you know what I mean. At this point it's all speculation. But IF he is guilty, I can't believe he would be treated as a first time offender.