My mock draft

bengalsLB

this are all players that should be avalable at our picks

1. Rod Wright DT texas : people have been bashing saying he hasn;t been liveing up to potencial but he has been playing very well just a little inconsistent, he could clog up the running lanes and get a decent pass-rush he is the most NFL ready DT in the Draft and is a late round 1 selection

2.Bernard Pollard S perdue : think Roy williams, pollard would be a major force in the run game and is extremly talented he is the first JR to declare for the 06 draft,

his coverage skills will developpe and he will start opposite madieu

3.Kamerion Wimbly De FSu: an explosive passrusher that we have been lacking

while being awesome at rushing the passer he is also very skilled at stopping the run the only reason we can get him here is because this is his first year of starting.

he would easily beat out geathers for a starting spot

4.Ryan O Callaghan T CAL: well we need depth and he should be the best T avalible

5.Dominique Bryd TE USC:Bryd is a good blocker and a skilled pass catcher

the reason the 260 pound TE is here is because his low forty time 4.85

6.Jason spitz OG Louisville: i;m not to thrilled about our O-Line depth so i thin marvin takes the best Oline avalible

7.Marcus Maxey CB Miami: he would make the squad and provide some great depth since he went against a great level of compiton in college

Looks good to me. :)

I'm still holding out for now that the Bengals take a ringer at weakside backer.

True, B-Sims is there now, and Landon and Miller can fill the position if needed, but I'm still hoping Thomas Howard from UTEP lasts down in the 2nd because I've never seen a 240-pound LB cover WRs out of the slot like he has.

But the more I watch the Bengals, the more apparent it is that they'll have to do something about DE next year. Carl Plowed and Big Duane just ain't gonna get it. And Jumpy Jr. hasn't shown the knack for the big plays like he did last year coming off the bench.

man with howards measuables i think he might go late first, early seacond it would be sweet to have him though

That's what it's starting to look like.

All I can say against him is that he looks somewhat unbalanced vs. the run -- basically he hesitates too much but he's still a farily sure tackler from what I've seen. I think whatever team that gets him can teach how to deal with that but what he brings on coverage is unteachable and as good as any player that size as I've seen for awhile.

Maybe the Bengals pull the trigger in the 1st for him....I don't know.

Another LB I really like is Gerris Wilkinson from Ga Tech. Not the cover LB that Howard is but is still able to cover a decent range at MLB. In the NFL, he'll go weakside most likely, but looks like a reach in the 2nd. I think another college MLB D'Qwell Jackson is skilled in coverage and fast enough to play weakside backer in the NFL, but I'm doubtful he lasts until the Bengals pick in the 2nd.

I know this is sort of off topic, but my friends and I were discussing draft picks for next year the other day and I started thinking. The youngest Claussen is a junior in high school, and is being touted as football's Lebron James. I think it would be sweet if the Bengals could buy his rights right now so that he could be drafted as Carson's successor. Thoughts? :P

On a more serious note, I do agree with the lack of O-line depth, but it would be nice if a Gabe Watson (ewww, Michigan) or Rodrique Wright was drafted, atleast to get a big body in there. But I think there's a lot of time before the draft, and a lot could change between now and then.

I gotta say, as it stands right now, gotta go S first and then DT with our first two picks.

Since it's obvious that we're going to make a playoff push, with as real a chance as any to go deep into the playoffs, Gotta stick with my initial vote for Darnell Bing with our 1st pick. and then a guy i'm really starting to like , Johnathan Jolly DT, Texas A&M. Good size, quickness, great at shooting gaps and staying in the backfield.

Bing first, unless Marcedes Lewis is there, but Bing gives us a true Strong Safety, keeps Madieu at Free, and John Jolly could push Bryan Robinson or Thornton for playing time right away.

I'd like to see us add another DE, so Eric Henderson , DE, Georgia Tech. gets my 3rd round nod.

John Jolly, eh?

Didn't get to see the Aggies this year and they aren't bowl bound. Hopefully, he'll get to the Senior Bowl to show some of his wares.

Bing does indeed look like a force who's got enough coverage skills to interchange at safety. But if he comes out, I'd be doubtful he'd last to the late 20's or possibly even 32 :D

If Eric Henderson is still around in the 3rd round, I'd hope the Bengals would grab him. He's been up against some of the best LTs in college this year -- Ferguson, Winston, and McNeil -- and has produced. He plays with some vengeance, too.

man with howards measuables i think he might go late first, early seacond it would be sweet to have him though

Hey LB need to update the sig-pic to Past (Singletary), Past (Lewis), Present and Future (Odell)!

I know this is sort of off topic, but my friends and I were discussing draft picks for next year the other day and I started thinking. The youngest Claussen is a junior in high school, and is being touted as football's Lebron James. I think it would be sweet if the Bengals could buy his rights right now so that he could be drafted as Carson's successor. Thoughts? :P

On a more serious note, I do agree with the lack of O-line depth, but it would be nice if a Gabe Watson (ewww, Michigan) or Rodrique Wright was drafted, atleast to get a big body in there. But I think there's a lot of time before the draft, and a lot could change between now and then.

Never trust anything with the letters "Clausen" in it...

Signed,

Loyal Vols fan