Mock Draft

DuffMan

IF Mike Williams tests off the charts (i.e. 6-5, 230, 4.4 - 4.5 40, 35-40 in vert)

1) San Diego Chargers- Mike Williams WR USC ( local product, their WR corps isn't very solid/ reliable, a QB could be snatched in the 2nd, i.e. Losman, Pickett)

2) Oakland Raiders- Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh

3) Arizona Cardinals- Eli Manning QB Ole Miss

4) New York Giants- Robert Gallery OT Iowa

5) Washington Redskins- Kellen Winslow, Jr. TE Miami, Fl

6) Detroit Lions- Sean Taylor S Miami, Fl

7) Cleveland Browns- Shawn Andrews OT Arkansas

8) Atlanta Falcons- Roy Williams WR Texas

9) Jacksonville Jaguars- Reggie Williams WR Washington

10) Houston Texans- Kenechi Udeze DE USC

11) Pittsburgh Steelers- Ben Roethlisberger QB Miami, Oh

12) New York Jets- Chris Gamble CB Ohio State

13) Buffalo Bills- Will Smith DE Ohio State

14) Chicago Bears- Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech

15) Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Steven Jackson RB Oregon State

16) San Francisco 49ers- Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma

17) Cincinnati Bengals- Vince Wilfork DT Miami, Fl

18) New Orleans Saints- DeAngelo Hall CB Virginia Tech

19) Minnesota Vikings- D.J. Williams OLB Miami, Fl

20) Miami Dolphins- Philip Rivers QB NC State

21) New England Patriots (from Baltimore)- Randy Starks DT Maryland

22) Dallas Cowboys- Marquise Hill DE Louisiana State

23) Seattle Seahawks- Antwan Odom DE Alabama

24) Denver Broncos- Derrick Strait CB Oklahoma

25) Green Bay Packers- Karlos Dansby OLB Auburn

26) St. Louis Rams- Ben Troupe TE Florida

27) Tennessee Titans-Vernon Carey OG Miami, Fl

28) Philadelphia Eagles- Michael Clayton WR Louisiana State

29) Indianapolis Colts-Jonathan Vilma ILB Miami, Fl

30) Kansas City Chiefs- Rashaun Woods WR Oklahoma State

31) Carolina Panthers- Will Poole CB USC

32) New England Patriots- Greg Jones RB Florida State

Ideal Day 1 for the Bengals. C'mon Ahmed Plummer and so long Corey Dillon(via trade)

1) Vince Wilfork DT Miami, Fl: Big body against the run and can rush the passer. Has shown he can control his weight (is now 315-320 down from as much as 360!) especially with Marvin keepin eyes on him.

2) Daryl Smith MLB/OLB Georgia Tech: Can play outside or inside, allowing Hardy and Simmons to play where they are most comfortable. Leader, speedy, solid tackler, a little undersized, but Wilfork will help that.

3a) Jake Grove C/G Virginia Tech: Hoping that 3rd rounder for Dillon is a high one, because Grove could go anywhere on day 1. Would be a steal if he is around in the 3rd, could start at C or G. Hey, its alright to be optomistic, as long as you're still realistic.

3b) Jeremy LeSueur CB Michigan : Has impressive fundamentals and man-to-man skills. His 40 time will determine if he goes higher than the third. Could also play safety.

Agree whole heartedly that Mike Williams will go ahead of Larry Fitzgerald. He's is the most physically gifted wide receiver to come out this year and perhaps since Harold Carmichael with the 70's Eagles.

There is no other ( wr ) in this draft that possesses his physical ability as well as potential. He is the combination of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens, and he's only 20. He Has great hands, and he is fearless over the middle. Surprisingly , being 6- 5.. he's not a long strider, and doesn't have to build up speed as he goes. He is a player with different gears being able to out run defenders,as well as out jump them. He is an instant headache to defensive backs and co-ordinators. He should be the first pick in the draft...

However....If San Diego misses on another quarterback, meaning they don't draft Manning , and he turns out like his brother ,combined with Drew Brees failing... San Diego will slip beyond the ranks that had consumed the Bengals for 13 years,and the Arizona Cardinals in failure.

you've been smokin on some serious greens to have mike williams as the #1, and no way wilfork drops to 17th.

Man, I don't know about all that....The last time a WR went number one, oddly enough, it was that other USC WR by the name of Keyshawn Johnson....I wouldn't rule it out myself, dude can play.....other than that, the draft looks pretty good....and as far a Wilfork dropping that far, if you ever watched the draft (which I doubt based on your response) its that ANYTHING can happen....think about it; how in the f**k did Steinbach fall to the second round? He was a top ten projection I believe, for sure top 15.....you just gotta wait in see. If Wilfork is there, we'd stumble up the podium to hand in our selection....and with all this talent flooding the draft its very well possible....especially with most of the teams at the top thinking offense....BUT, you have one flaw in your draft....there is no way Roethlesburger falls past the Browns if he's there....especially since the Steelers like him too.....it aint happenin'

The one thing that binds all Mock Drafts together is that , it puts each team with a " need " pick, instead of possibly the "best player available".

No one could have saw Randy Moss going to Minnesota back in the '98 draft. They had Jake Reed and Cris Carter, and both of them were pro bowlers.. However it was Moss, that led that offense into the playoffs that year.

Mike Williams will have that type of impact. If ,and i do say IF....He's there at 17. Then I say draft Mike Williams, and trade either Kelley Washington or Peter Warrick to either the Eagles or Panthers. I'm sure they'd be willing to give up a 1st or more to get them. Lining up Williams and Chad Johnson across from each other would keep defenses in a Nickle cover at all times..

Kelley, dont come at me like i dont know anything about how the draft goes. Every year ppl think certain players will slip and you know what, they never ever do. The players that slip are the ones that ppl dont think will. As i said before, wilfork will be gone before we can get him. Yes i wish we could get him, but at 17 there still will be enough CB's available to choose from, im thinking Poole, Hall, or Strait, of those i hope Poole.

And on a second point, Fitzgerald will go before Williams. He has been doing it for years, and has proven himself to NFL players/coaches before, and he has better vision, but i do think Williams will be a top 10, mb even a top 5 pick.

:unsure: s**t, I dont know what to tell you dawg, I just gave you concrete proof of what happens in the draft...you can believe what you want to....but since you seem to know who's going where, why dont you make a first round mock draft, and well take your word for it, since you obviously know what all the teams want...

The one thing that binds all Mock Drafts together is that , it puts each team with a " need " pick, instead of possibly the "best player available".

No one could have saw Randy Moss going to Minnesota back in the '98 draft. They had Jake Reed and Cris Carter, and both of them were pro bowlers.. However it was Moss, that led that offense into the playoffs that year.

Mike Williams will have that type of impact. If ,and i do say IF....He's there at 17. Then I say draft Mike Williams, and trade either Kelley Washington or Peter Warrick to either the Eagles or Panthers. I'm sure they'd be willing to give up a 1st or more to get them. Lining up Williams and Chad Johnson across from each other would keep defenses in a Nickle cover at all times..

I couldn't agree more with his statement.....but wow, I'd be salivating if Mike Williams SOMEHOW :lol: mircaculosly dropped that far...I think I would trade Warrick before you guys got rid of me though....

lol ok buddy, your concrete proof was with keyshawn johnson going #1. 1 example = concrete....interesting. Im just messin with u though, anywayz, i dont have time to do a whole mock draft or anything like that, but what i say is just my opinion, nothing more. And yes i would take mike williams on the bengals anyday :D

lol ok buddy, your concrete proof was with keyshawn johnson going #1.

NAh, my example was steinbach last year....all of the draft experts and scouts had him pegged to go in the top 15 of that draft, and he ended up falling to us....that's what I was talking about......but yeah, its water under the bridge man, i think we all get so worked up about the draft....its not like theres anything we could do about it, except go to NYC and yell and yell for our favorite player to be taken.... :D

here is what 2 college scouts said about wilfolk at the combine:

"My guess is that Miami (Fla.) defensive tackle Vince Wilfork made himself a lot of money today. He weighed in at something like 323 pounds, and I know he was a whole lot heavier than that maybe as recently as a month ago. So that means he got himself into shape and took this process very seriously. Plus he did 36 'reps' on the bench (press) and his natural strength is very impressive. The other thing is, he looks the part of a defensive tackle, you know. Even dropping some weight, he's still wide, especially through the butt. He can clog things up but is a player who can also compress the pocket from inside once in a while. To tell the truth, I was skeptical about him, but he showed me something with the way he carried himself today. Definitely the top half of the first round, I'd say."

Like i said, hes gone before we get on the board is my guess.

Also, from what my friend read, but i couldnt find the espn article, but once i get home from work ill try to find it and post it, a few of the scouts think none of the corners in the draft are good enough for the first round. He told me that all of them measured shorter than they stated etc.

2 defensive lineman showed off their strength today at the 225 lb. bench press.

Igor Olhansky from Oregon came in and lifted an amazing 41 times...

However it was ( told you this guy was good ) Isaac Sopoaga defensive tackle from Hawaii that took the prize as he wowed coaches and scouts with 44 reps in the benchpress.

Amazingly enough he called out ( 44 ) reps when he was only on his 8th lift.... Coaches and players alike greeted Isaac with a round of applause as he turned loose the weight with obvious enough strength to lift again.

I smell a Tim Krumrie in the making...

here's a draft fantasy..? Harris falls to us at #1. ( we move to end ) # 2. Jake Grove ( because he won't be there at 81 ) and # 3. Isaac Sopoaga ... gives us speed at the edge with harris..and girth up the middle with Isaac.