Best/Worst FA Moves

AMC

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Featu...2005/bw2019.htm

Agree/Disagree??????????

Rewind

The best and worst offseason moves of 2005

By PFW staff

Nov. 15, 2005

In today’s NFL, nothing stays the same for long. Managing the salary cap in an effort to put a winner on the field means that the constant signing, releasing and trading of players ends up making most of the noise during the offseason. After 10 weeks of the 2005 regular season, it’s time to take a look back at the biggest moves of the 2005 offseason and decide what worked best, and what it’s safe to label as a mistake.

The best offseason moves

WR Santana Moss

Washington Redskins

Exchanged for Laveranues Coles, Moss has been one of the NFL’s most dynamic receivers.

CB Ken Lucas

Carolina Panthers

Former Seahawk has become a more complete defender; consistent from Day One.

WR Plaxico Burress

New York Giants

More reliable in his new digs, Burress and Eli Manning make a formidable passing duo.

RB LaMont Jordan

Oakland Raiders

Underutilized early in the year, Jordan has begun showing his workhorse potential.

DT Gerard Warren

Denver Broncos

Acquired for a fourth-round pick. Shed his label as a loafer and has been disruptive up front.

The worst offseason moves

CB Fred Smoot

Minnesota Vikings

After striking out on Samari Rolle, Vikes inked Smoot, who was awful before getting hurt.

OT Oliver Ross

Arizona Cardinals

Hoped he would be a stabilizing force, but O-line has been awful with Ross slowed by injuries.

LB Napoleon Harris

Minnesota Vikings

Part of the trade for Randy Moss, Harris, a former first-rounder, lost his starting job with Vikes.

QB Kurt Warner

Arizona Cardinals

Given $4 million to be an experienced, reliable passer but has looked like anything but.

LB Morlon Greenwood

Houston Texans

Given a $7 million signing bonus, but Houston has dropped to dead last in run defense.

I'm surprised to not see Reuben Droughns up there.. and why in the hell is Gerard Warren up there? He's pathetic.

Sorry, being a Browns fan I just had to throw my thoughts in on that one.

Also, what about Drew Bledsoe? He's doing great out there in Dallas, as is former Brown Anthony Henry.

Warren is having a pretty decent year. I don't know what you guys have been smoking....

The other former Browns (Ekuban, Brown, Meyers) are doing well. I was laughing at Bronco fans before the season started...not laughing anymore.

Mehh, Brown's the only one that I would take out of them all (At least he tried, he was just injured all the time), Warren is just an underachieving bastard.