Glazer report on TO...

AMC

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5078694

Question No. 1: Was this suspension a shock to people inside the Eagles?

No, because many knew that Eagles coach Andy Reid actually considered suspending Owens three weeks ago.

This portion of the weekly T.O. escapade began weeks ago when Reid had a meeting with his players and informed them that they must begin to follow the little rules that were in place, most notably the dress code of not wearing tennis shoes or jeans and parking in the back of the Eagles' complex.

Owens, despite Reid's insistence, wore jeans, tennis shoes and a Michael Irvin jersey. Wearing the Irvin jersey after their loss to the Cowboys created a national stir, but Reid actually cared about the other part of his ensemble, the jeans and sneakers. The coach again warned Owens and told him that he was responsible for following the same dress code as the rest of the team.

According to sources, had Owens showed up to Philadelphia's next road game in tennis shoes or jeans, Reid had planned to suspend him and not allow the controversial wide receiver on the team plane. Owens, in what was viewed by many inside the Eagles as pushing Reid, wore a tuxedo and shoes that resembled sneakers but were, in fact, considered shoes.

"He was just trying to push Andy," said one source. "That's what we had to deal with every week."

Owens also parked in a handicap space in the front of the building, citing that he wasn't parking in the back as he was told. Such instances may not sound like much, but the team felt he was constantly trying to push the limits of insubordination and see how far he could push.

Owens also parked in a handicap space in the front of the building, citing that he wasn't parking in the back as he was told. Such instances may not sound like much, but the team felt he was constantly trying to push the limits of insubordination and see how far he could push.

That's just illegal. If it were me, I'd have had him towed. I think Marvin did something similar this year.

That's just illegal. If it were me, I'd have had him towed. I think Marvin did something similar this year.

I'm surprised Andy Reid didn't give him a reason to use the handicap space...I see Andy Reid having about 12 beers in him and being able to go ballistic on someone...especially with TO , you know he wanted to!