The next 3 games

duus

11/20 Colts

11/27 Ravens

12/04 @Steelers

My guess is that these next 3 games will give us an accurate glimpse into how far the Bengals will go in the playoffs for 2005.

Zero wins and we are looking to next year as they will either fold and not make the playoffs at all, or will make the playoffs and lose the first game.

One win and they will surely still make the playoffs, but will only win the first game ... which will be a Wild Card game on the road.

Two wins and they are in the playoffs and will get two wins. If one of these two wins is against the Steelers, then the two playoff wins will take them to the Super Bowl as they will have a first round bye due to winning the division. If the one loss is against the Steelers, then the two wins will take them to the AFC Championship game, but that's as far as they go.

Three wins and they not only get to the Super Bowl, but win it. 2005 ... Marv-elous!

Seriously, I see these next 3 games being that important. I see them as our crystal ball glimpse into how January 2006 will end up. Zero, one, two, or three wins ... it will make all the difference in the world.

Go Bengals!

It's strange to say, but I don't see it as impossible for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl this year. They just have to get there. They can whip anyone in the NFC. I think they can out physical the Colts with a touch of finesse. They will try to control the ball. They can also out finesse the Steelers with a touch of finesse. They will look alot better in Steeltown the 2nd time around.

It's strange to say, but I don't see it as impossible for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl this year. They just have to get there. They can whip anyone in the NFC. I think they can out physical the Colts with a touch of finesse. They will try to control the ball. They can also out finesse the Steelers with a touch of finesse. They will look alot better in Steeltown the 2nd time around.

good analysis, this can be a great measuring stick for us, and I think that we will pass with flyin colors. We can beat the Colts, were a lot more physical than them, we showed it by running over Baltimore's D, and we will play PIT much better, I think that we could knock them off too. And the Ravens.....well lets just say :P ..."lock them up and throw away the key!!!!!!!!!" :lmao::lmao::lmao:

More evidence of the importance:

I've seen where some have tried to debate the importance of a win over the Colts vs. a win over the Steelers. Try the following scenarios and tell me there is even a debate:

(obviously, beating both teams is the most desirable, and will close the case!)

* Scenario 1: Bengals beat Colts, but lose to Steelers. If Bengals beat the Colts, I think it is fair to assume that the Colts will win the following week against the Steelers on Monday Night. If that's the case, then the Bengals will most assuredly still lose the North, and therefor not get a bye and it will effectively not matter at all that they beat the Colts.

* Scenario 2: Bengals lose to Colts, but beat Steelers. The Steelers could still very well lose to the Colts, but the outcome will mean little other than a Steeler loss to the Colts would basically hand the Bengals the division for sure. With this, the Bengals would probably win the North regardless of the Steelers/Colts outcome. The Bengals will be at worst the number 2 seed in the AFC (assuming Denver is out of the picture, which is my assumption).

You see, regardless of the scenario, it is unlikely the Bengals will get the number 1 seed. I would much rather have the bye. This means that the Steeler game is much more important than the Colt game.

That said ... I WANT BOTH!

Go Bengals!

* Scenario 2: Bengals lose to Colts, but beat Steelers. The Steelers could still very well lose to the Colts, but the outcome will mean little other than a Steeler loss to the Colts would basically hand the Bengals the division for sure. With this, the Bengals would probably win the North regardless of the Steelers/Colts outcome. The Bengals will be at worst the number 2 seed in the AFC (assuming Denver is out of the picture, which is my assumption).

The Bengals are not better than Denver as of right now. Only when they win all three of the next three games would i even consider this statement. Denver may fade because they play in a brutal division, but in no way are they worse than the Bengals. In my opinion they are the best team in the league.

I could go get stats and make a convincing argument, but I am lazy and will therefore simply make the statement as fact. ;)

The Bengals are not better than Denver as of right now. Only when they win all three of the next three games would i even consider this statement. Denver may fade because they play in a brutal division, but in no way are they worse than the Bengals. In my opinion they are the best team in the league.

I could go get stats and make a convincing argument, but I am lazy and will therefore simply make the statement as fact. ;)

the bengals are better than the broncos...end of story

You can debate the Bengals vs. Broncos, but that is not my intent, and obviously they do not play in the regular season this year. My assumption in presenting the scenarios is that the Broncos clearly play tougher teams, and I am assuming that they will end up with a worse record than the Colts, Bengals, and Steelers. Time will tell, but I will be incredibly surprised if the Broncos end up with a better record than any of those three. Given that assumption, that's where I present the scenarios.