The Wake Up Call

Dan2330

Never believed in a 'good' lost but many were saying that after the Jags game. This lost could go down as what it was, a real bad one. Attention Chris Henry- get your head out of your a$$, I could of caught that touchdown pass you dropped. Sick of fantasy owners always starting their running backs for their biggest weeks against Cincy. Odell, don't let the Player of the Week go to your head, you were missing plays all over the field, and tell your buddy Pollack the time has come, the holdout hangover should be over and make a damn play. And finally, soo sick of seeing the yellow flags come out on the big plays- the kickoff hold, the 3rd and long flag that kept the touchdown drive alive for the Stellers.

We need a big bounce back victory against the Cheese next week, put up 40 points on them would be nice!

It's amazing to see the hatred after a bad loss. Face it, the Bengals are very similar to the Colts of 3 years ago. A playoff team without much of a defense. The defense relies on turnovers. Without that, they are rather weak. It's still a good team.

I still have to say this team is making strides. Let the Steelers have their day. The Bengals will be back, and will play well. One step at a time. Right now I say look for playoffs. Shore up the run D in the offseason, and make a run for the SB. This team is good, but not great.

For me, Pittburgh lost their chance last year. This is not a SB team. They will get killed by San Diego or Indy in the playoffs. They jumped up, made their play, and are a great team on the slide. They'll get their wins, but will lose out as usual. The Bengals will continue to grow, and we will be able to put this one loss behind us.

It's amazing to see the hatred after a bad loss. Face it, the Bengals are very similar to the Colts of 3 years ago. A playoff team without much of a defense. The defense relies on turnovers. Without that, they are rather weak. It's still a good team.

I still have to say this team is making strides. Let the Steelers have their day. The Bengals will be back, and will play well. One step at a time. Right now I say look for playoffs. Shore up the run D in the offseason, and make a run for the SB. This team is good, but not great.

For me, Pittburgh lost their chance last year. This is not a SB team. They will get killed by San Diego or Indy in the playoffs. They jumped up, made their play, and are a great team on the slide. They'll get their wins, but will lose out as usual. The Bengals will continue to grow, and we will be able to put this one loss behind us.

Have their day?

:lmao::lmao:

Your kidding right?

Your a comedian right?

Because you are incredibly funny! Please send me your info so I can get a copy of your comedy CD, "Orange isnt just for pu**ies anymore"

I think some people are getting carried away. Look the Bengals are a good team and there only losses have come against other good teams. They just need to step up and beat the next level team. But you can only beat the teams ahead of you in the schedule. I say fair play to them. If the Bengals only lose to the other good teams on their schedule then they'll lose, at worst, 4 more games (Indy, Pittsburgh, KC and Buffalo).

If the Bengals can only beat crappy teams then they suck, and will not accomplish anything this season. If they can't beat the Steeler's or Colt's at home. Then what chance will they have on the road against good competition? They are weird where they will still underperform when the pressure is on, and overachieve when there is none. Bummer.

2006 Bengals Draft should be

1. Best DT on the Board

2. Best SS on the Board

3. Best DT on the Board

4. Best DE on the Board

5. Best DT on the Board

6. Best TE on the Board

7. Best DT on the Board

So, what you are saying is that we shouldn't bother to pick any offensive linemen at all knowing that most of our Oline is up for unrestricted free agency soon?

So what you are saying is that we should take a defensive tackle first, even if a better player at SS is available?

So what you are saying is that if a guy who can play like Gates, Gonzalez, Shockey, or Crumpler is available in round 3 we should ignore it and pick a scrub who is no better than what we have?

So what you are saying is that should a linebacker with 1st round talent be available in round 2, like we had with Odell this past draft, we should ignore him, and pick up a strong safety who doesn't have 1st round talent?

DRAFTING FOR "NEED" is what got us a decade of failure and frustration. Drafting the best guy available, even if he's competition for other guys on our squad is what got us 2 years of 8-8 and 5-2 so far this season. Marvin's plan of taking the best guy available is the right method. Yes, we still have a few holes, but we are a better TEAM overall.