I wish someone would tell Chad that...

walzav29

T.O. and Moss have never won a Super Bowl! When you get to the point where you're playing for something important (playoffs). A team like New England will shut-down your go to receiver. It is better to get guys like TJ and Henry invloved, so you're not just 1 dimensional. I would love to see Chad catch 10-190 every game, but not if it going to cause a problem. When they were struggling at the beginning of last season, it was because he was only looking at Chad. Once he started spreading it around they got explosive.

Maybe Carson should look at Chad as the second or third option..

It gives Chad more time to free up .....

No way. You don't go away from your #1 in the hopes of freeing him up. This is where other receivers on the team are supposed to step up.

Anyway, Chad wouldn't let you do that. He showed that Sunday night. :lol:

Maybe Carson should look at Chad as the second or third option..

It gives Chad more time to free up .....

No way. You don't go away from your #1 in the hopes of freeing him up. This is where other receivers on the team are supposed to step up.

Anyway, Chad wouldn't let you do that. He showed that Sunday night. :lol:

the others have stepped up....Im saying that extra second might free him up instead of looking at him first and seeing he's doublecovered.. wouldnt hurt to try it in practice at any rate..

Go read the newest article on Bengals.com.

Chad understands that Carson can't throw into double coverage. He was just blowing off steam the other night. And to say that he's spending too much time worrying about his next endzone dance? I hope that was in jest, because there's no way you can question this guy's work ethic.

Chad understands that Carson can't throw into double coverage. He was just blowing off steam the other night. And to say that he's spending too much time worrying about his next endzone dance? I hope that was in jest, because there's no way you can question this guy's work ethic.

I don't think I'm buying that. Even when I'm "blowing off steam," I don't say things that are completely antithetical to what I believe. I think Chad was more likely to be honest when he was "blowing off steam" than when he had time to think about it and say what people want to hear. I really don't want him to be another one of those players who blames his teammates every time they lose - especially saying things like they'd win if they just got him the ball more.

Chad's been on Carson's case all year during the games. His body language is crystal clear when Carson misses a throw to him - he shows Carson up on a regular basis. You'll never see the reverse, on Chad's fairly frequent drops.

I understand he's frustrated when they lose. He should be. But there are warning signs, like the constant blaming of others, the constant excuses for bad behavior. He's a great talent, and he works really hard, but I'm afraid his attitude is going to affect him on the field. Hope it doesn't happen.

I don't think I'm buying that. Even when I'm "blowing off steam," I don't say things that are completely antithetical to what I believe.

Me neither, but that's just the way some people are. That doesn't excuse it, but it's just the way it is, and I don't expect it to change. It's a culture.

As an inner city teacher, I see the same thing, all the time, every day.

I don't like some of Chad's reactions either, but when it comes down to it, I think that he gets it, really. He's just a passionate guy that wants the ball, as all great players do. He just needs to find more productive ways of getting his feelings across. I don't see any rift between Carson and Chad other than the one that has been created by the media.

When I see this sort of thing start to decide wins and losses, then I'll get a bit more upset. At this point, though, that's just not what's happening. I'd rather spend my time worrying about giving up 130+ rushing yards to one player, penalties that cost us crucial yards, and whether or not we'll get to see TJ suit up this week against TN.